Dez Calls Out the "Garrett Guys" With C's On Their Jerseys

BlindFaith

Reaction score
You guys get fiery mixed. High caliber players are fiery. This team needs that. You see, that type of attitude is needed in order to win. Either the fiery attitude comes from the head coach / other coaches or the player(s)- but someone has to look light the fire. We have to many professionals, nice guys, quite leaders.
Fiery and prima donna are two different things. I like fiery. The other, not so much.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
This and babe's comments on what Garrett told dez confirm witten had nothing to do with this.

I wish everyone could stop acting like he did.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Really.?

You should look at the film on the WR and judge..

not just decide you are right no matter what.

The art of building a team is not through using #1 picks to solve every position.

I would prefer not drafting one..

but the front office had little choice given they knew Dez would not take a meaningful pay cut.

Not sure how you justify blaming the team.

This was all Dez's doing.

Why can't I blame the team. The team was called out and instead of looking at things in all lights they decided to look only at dollar and cents and "their" egos. As with everything with the FO they never had a well thought out plan they are reactionary instead of calculating. This situation just like the Romo situation, the Ware situation and many others could have been handled better for the benefit of the team. Is this team one transaction away from winning anything, nope, could they have decided in Jan that they were going to release Dez instead of dance around it through FA. IF they had a plan they would have had his replacement on the team. Now the team from a talent aspect is worse off and unless Calvin Johnson or an OBJ is in the draft they will reach with a draft pick on someone that is probably not better than Dez right now and will take 2-3 years to groom.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Fiery and prima donna are two different things. I like fiery. The other, not so much.
His meltdowns for all to see last season should be enough for the biggest Dezzie to understand. But, it's not.

kento40

Reaction score
This and babe's comments on what Garrett told dez confirm witten had nothing to do with this.

I wish everyone could stop acting like he did.

He got cut, said his piece to the media and even though it came off as petty to some people, it's who he is. Why have a phone call with people on your former team and report that to the media as well? Does he not want to get picked up by a good team? Does he not see that he's shooting himself in the foot right now?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We cut a player and now Garrett has lost the team? You guys are funny.

So who's a non Garrett guy? Beasley? Williams? So if they get cut or traded its because they aren't Garrett guys? Because it's highly likely that 1 if not both are not going to be on this team.

So who else?

Garrett lost the WR's.

Also, Dez says that a lot of this anonymous sources garbage that leaks our of our franchise is JAson Garrett and that is a problem and he does things face to face instead of behind his back to the media like Garrett does.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Garrett lost the WR's.

Also, Dez says that a lot of this anonymous sources garbage that leaks our of our franchise is JAson Garrett and that is a problem and he does things face to face instead of behind his back to the media like Garrett does.

I really hope this isn't true. Mike Zimmer used to do that while he was here and it drove me nuts.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
He got cut, said his piece to the media and even though it came off as petty to some people, it's who he is. Why have a phone call with people on your former team and report that to the media as well? Does he not want to get picked up by a good team? Does he not see that he's shooting himself in the foot right now?

Its just a maturity issue.

This will all blow over. Dez will sign with another team have a good season. dalllas will probably be around 500 and we will all discuss the draft for 5 months again as aways.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Garrett lost the WR's.

So you are saying that JG is the "Staffer" someone mentioned as a source.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's just not that intelligent.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett lost the WR's.

What evidence is there that Garrett has lost the entirety of the WR group? Dez ended up unhappy, as did Butler. Who else?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
His meltdowns for all to see last season should be enough for the biggest Dezzie to understand. But, it's not.

It's part of the NFL.

Dez yelling at the top of his lungs is really minor and a lame excuse for getting rid of him.

Asking athletes to not be emotional is just ridiculous.

Baseball players literally destroy dugouts.

Fox is just pushing a narrative of Dez yelling on the sideline and you guys just eat it up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good point.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What evidence is there that Garrett has lost the entirety of the WR group? Dez ended up unhappy, as did Butler. Who else?

Butler, Dez, Beasley all speaking out against the offense.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

It's part of the NFL.

Dez yelling at the top of his lungs is really minor and a lame excuse for getting rid of him.

Fox is just pushing a narrative of Dez yelling on the sideline and you guys just eat it up.

Dez in 2017: 69 catches, 838 yards, 6 TDs
AB in 2017: 101 catches, 1533 yards, 9 TDs

When Cooper Kupp (62 catches, 869 yards, 5 TDs in 2017) has a Dez-type meltdown you'll have a valid comparison.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

It's part of the NFL.

I didn't say anything about just yelling. Try reading. And, I don't care about other players, this is about Dez having multiple meltdowns JUST LAST SEASON.
He's a disaster. And it adds to his lack of production in 5 of 8 seasons as a reason to move on.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I really hope this isn't true. Mike Zimmer used to do that while he was here and it drove me nuts.

Skip 2 minutes in.

"They go anonymous saying these bad things about me. I asked him to be direct and that's something they don't know how to do."

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Neither one was productive. Imagine that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about just yelling. Try reading. And, I don't care about other players, this is about Dez having multiple meltdowns JUST LAST SEASON.
He's a disaster. And it adds to his lack of production in 5 of 8 seasons as a reason to move on.

Whatever.

We don't even know the context of his "melt downs".

A few seasons ago Fox pushed his epic melt down on everyone and then when the audio was released it was a joke and pushed under the rug by all of the media pushing the melt down narrative.

Dez is an emotional WR. Whats new.