Twitter: Dez: Cowboy perks make some players soft

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
I’ve always loved Dez. Haters have always wanted to compare him to cancers of other teams, but he was never like that. He always wore his heart on his sleeve. I was very disappointed to see Dak not be able to connect with him like Romo did. Romo got the most out of Dez. That back shoulder fade was beauty.

Sadly now, people are questioning Cooper. Imagine not being able to take advantage of having Cooper, CeeDee, & Gallup on the same squad. I love Dak, but damn… 6 years, & this is what we have to show? I’ve given up on my boys..

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I think Ceedee is an example of this. Dude has gotten a bunch of attention, endorsements and now over 1 million followers on IG being a Cowboy, he had like 100K when at Oklahoma.

Getting the 88 number and everybody touting him as the next great receiver has held him back, in my opinion. He hasn’t improved at all from his rookie year and isn’t anywhere near living up to the hype he was and is getting.

Mad respect to this post. He got his bell rung in KC going for it in the end zone like he should and hasn’t been the same since.

College was able to run after the catch. With these NFL guys he’s mediocre YAC. Malik Turner showed more YAC.

birdwells1

Reaction score
thank God

You could tell this team was shook coming out the tunnel, many have talked about the different body language shown by both teams. Cowboys looked nervous and the 49ers looked like Dez in that video. They have no dogs on this team, they have one that will become one (Parsons) unless this soft culture gets to him first. By the way the Cowboys won that game @ Philly 38-27 and Dez had 6 catches for 114 yards and 3 tds.

Cmac

Reaction score
I’m I agree.

I also think Zeke has coasted until this year when Pollard lit a fire under his butt. There’s a reason he didn’t want to sit out. He was finally pushed for the first time in his football life and he was better for it.
Guess he was pushed in the early years when the load was all on him. If Pollard lit a fire, why didn't his carries increase, when he was healthy? KMoore is a Coach Killer and Run Game Killer.......and the league has taken notice of his inexperience and hype.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I think Ceedee is an example of this. Dude has gotten a bunch of attention, endorsements and now over 1 million followers on IG being a Cowboy, he had like 100K when at Oklahoma.

Getting the 88 number and everybody touting him as the next great receiver has held him back, in my opinion. He hasn’t improved at all from his rookie year and isn’t anywhere near living up to the hype he was and is getting.

It's the QB

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
THIS!!!!!! Entitled someone said. That's why we need a guy in here like Jimmy or Belichick. Not an enabler like McCarthy.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
They all succumb to the culture. Even the “great” ones.

Agreed. One guy acting alone especially a rookie will be muted. The change starts at the top. Jerry and McCarthy. Good luck with that:facepalm:

Dre11

Reaction score
+1 .......to hear it coming from Dez is certainly an eye opener. He prides himself on being one of the dawgs. You won't see him taking shots at players often.

Dez was one of those guys....he missed meetings, rehab sessions,

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The fact that Romo and Dez stayed late to work on their game together wasn't even news cause they did it so much. But it was news the few times Dak and Cooper did it. And it did make a difference on the field, but they didn't keep at it. If all you do is show up for the mandatory stuff then you are not trying to win a SB, that takes countless hours and a drive to be the best no coach can make you do.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It wasn't Parcells, per se, it was Jerry being willing to step away for a few seasons so he could get his Stadium and allowing his Star coach to, you know... coach.

Parcells with regular Jerry would have been par for the course until Bill leaves in frustration.
Which would have been quick.

Exactly this

mooseq

Reaction score
I miss dez but again he wouldn’t do good with Dak. Romo would throw him open. Dak needs a window before he throws

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This is where you miss the Bill Parcell of coaching .........

... and Jimmy Johnson and Tom Landry. They were all hard-*****. Don't let the Landry calm and stoic nature fool you. He was tough with discipline without getting animated. I heard an ex player explain to me that when he went over film, if a player had screwed up, Landry knew exactly how to make him feel two inches tall and motivate him to do better. Johnson was also super strict, but he got animated about it.

The bottom line is, there has to be accountability. The coach can do it Landry's ice cold way or Johnson's ranting and raving way -- or something in between -- but players do their best when they know they'll be held accountable for their results.