Dez, envy is not a good look

plymkr

Reaction score
First of all I haven't complained about anything, I just made a statement. But according to your logic, shouldn't Charlie Ward have been given the same opportunities as Tebow??? Charlie Ward won a Heisman trophy and didn't even get drafted.... So what does your logic have to say about that??

I'll wait....
Charlie Ward told the league if he's not drafted in the 1st round then he's playing basketball. Prior to the draft he said this and it caused teams to question his commitment to football. He didn't get a commentary job because he didn't need one. He played basketball for the Knicks and had a successful career.

Tim Tebow getting a workout from his former college coach is more about nepotism, not racism. If people want to complain about Nepotism then have had it. Making this a racism issue is a stretch and disappointing.

Urban Meyer has shown on his brief time that he makes decisions based on nepotism, examples being the strength coach, Tebow and trying to sign Alex Smith. Urban Meyer has not shown racism, if he has then I'm not aware of it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A mentor? This isn't high school. These pro athletes don't care about Tebow. How is some guy who hasn't played in almost a decade mentor these guys? You guys are over selling this. Signing Tebow is nothing more than a PR move. He has never played TE in his life but gets a shot after not being in the leaugue almost a decade? Yeah, sounds like a legit roster move.....

well ok then....

GINeric

Reaction score
Is he a draw? It's just simple economics! You are saying Tebow's draw is because he is white?

No im not saying his draw is because he's white... im not even saying Meyer hired because he's white. Im saying white players get more opportunities and SECOND opportunities than minorities who are more talented than they are in too many different situations.

For an example.... Kaepernick. He led his team to a Superbowl and was better at WORST than every back up quarterback in the NFL and even better than some starters.... You mean to tell me NO NFL team could use the services of a QB capable of leading a team to a SB???

aikemirv

Reaction score
No im not saying his draw is because he's white... im not even saying Meyer hired because he's white. Im saying white players get more opportunities and SECOND opportunities than minorities who are more talented than they are in too many different situations.

For an example.... Kaepernick. He led his team to a Superbowl and was better at WORST than every back up quarterback in the NFL and even better than some starters.... You mean to tell me NO NFL team could use the services of a QB capable of leading a team to a SB???

But Kap had his opportunity in Denver and declined a 7 mill per year contract. Tebow is looking to play for the league minimum.

And it is not because he is black, if they are not looking for his services as a talent then it means he is a negative to their draw and not a positive. Tebow's draw is positive with the fans in Florida. Nothing to do with skin color. I know of no other examples of white players getting an extra opportunity over black players in the NFL or in the broadcast booth.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
But Kap had his opportunity in Denver and declined a 7 mill per year contract. Tebow is looking to play for the league minimum.

And it is not because he is black, if they are not looking for his services as a talent then it means he is a negative to their draw and not a positive. Tebow's draw is positive with the fans in Florida. Nothing to do with skin color. I know of no other examples of white players getting an extra opportunity over black players in the NFL or in the broadcast booth.
Because it's a nonsense claim.

aikemirv

Reaction score

plymkr

Reaction score

You know I thought you meant Baltimore and not Denver. I didn't remember Denver ever being in the mix but I remembered Baltimore. It looks like he would have been signed by the Ravens if his girlfriend didn't get involved. Too bad she did that cuz I would have like to seen how it played out.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/06/ravens-ray-lewis-colin-kaepernick-girlfirend-tweet

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-kaepernick-because-of-girlfriends-tweet/amp/

Toro9

Reaction score
It's not news that Dez has mental issues. I hope he can find a way to balance himself out some day.