Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

John813

Reaction score
Hmm, while it may be a ploy, I doubt Dez would post such a thing if both sides were comfortable on a deal, with the deadline 2 days away.
jmo

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So if you had a chance to make 12 million dollars or 50 million dollar to take care of your family, which one would you take? Second question(a better one at that), would you be okay throwing a hissy fit even if it means you getting THAT much money?

The problem with this is that he's not getting that much from anybody. It's hard to entertain this discussion because it's based on a premise that is not real.

erod

Reaction score
So if you had a chance to make 12 million dollars or 50 million dollar to take care of your family, which one would you take? Second question(a better one at that), would you be okay throwing a hissy fit even if it means you getting THAT much money?

If he had a chance? He doesn't have a chance. That ain't on the table.

No team with a clue would offer that.

erod

Reaction score
Poster want to act like a franchise tag is some kind of compliment to a player.
Why do people think Hardy made the cowboys commit to NOT using the franchise tag on him after this year? Hmm.

It's not a compliment. It's just a rule, and helps football prevent what's happened to baseball, which is sinking in popularity like a rock.

Romonater

Reaction score
I don't care if it's "enough" for them or not. They're not that critical to winning championships as it's been proven over and over and over again.

Quarterbacks, offensive lineman, and pass rushers are vital. Running backs and receivers are nice to have, but not mandatory.

And I don't see Thomas all over Twitter threatening not to play if he's franchised.

You're all over the place with your discussion

First you say, NE, GB, Denver(LOL still laughing about this), and Baltimore are franchises we should mold ourselves after, but when in reality 3 of those 4 have top 10 all time great quarterbacks

Second, you try to act as though Dez is an ordinary talent and we shouldn't "overpay" him. If he's a top 3 WR, you're not overpaying him if continues to perform like he has been. YOu're just paying handsomely for that asset.

Finally, you're dispelling the idea that RBs and Murray are key compenents to winning a football game. Ask the 49ers who they would like to play? Jo Randle or Marshawn Lynch? Ask teams who they would like to face, Terrance WIlliams as the 1 or Dez Bryant as the number 1. You're right, they are not mandatory, but to imply that they don't win you football games is nonsense. YOu can win football games a multiitude of ways-defense, offensive line, great quarterback play, special teams. The passing game is another way.

I have this big problem where people want us to be like "This" team. How about we just find our own identity and stick to that, even if it implies the use of an oline, a great WR, and a good rb. It's a copy cat league, but sometimes, I feel we get too lost in that.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No need to. He's doesn't play, he doesn't get paid.

Not my question. I am saying what if Dez and his camp piss off our executives and they want to teach him a lesson. Basically saying "we don't want you".

Just a hypothetical

Rogah

Reaction score
So if you had a chance to make 12 million dollars or 50 million dollar to take care of your family, which one would you take?
That's a silly question because it's not that simple. If I belonged to a union whereby, as a result of the CBA they negotiated, I was placed in a position where I was forced to take $12 million (and I pray someday I am "forced" to take $12 million from someone) or take nothing, then I would take the $12 million.

I might call my union rep and tell him how much the current CBA sucks, but considering the franchise tag impacts less than 1% of the membership, I doubt I will be getting much sympathy.

Romonater

Reaction score
Me, too. And that will be there by Wednesday, I predict. I think Dez signs it against his agent's wishes in the end.

YOU think that 30 million is fair because you're a fan, not Dez Bryant.

Cold hard truth and people don't seem to understand that.

erod

Reaction score
Not my question. I am saying what if Dez and his camp piss off our executives and they want to teach him a lesson. Basically saying "we don't want you".

Just a hypothetical

No, I think the tag sticks once he signs it. If he doesn't sign it, then Dallas maintains two franchise tags on him still.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Can we stop with the "Taking care of family" line.

If you can't take care of your family with $12 million then you're a damn idiot. He wants a $50 million guarantee because like everyone else he would like as much money as he can possibly get, and as much as he thinks he is worth. And there is nothing wrong with that.

The line about needing the extra money because otherwise he can't take care of his family is mind numbingly ridiculous.

Romonater

Reaction score
That's a silly question because it's not that simple. If I belonged to a union whereby, as a result of the CBA they negotiated, I was placed in a position where I was forced to take $12 million (and I pray someday I am "forced" to take $12 million from someone) or take nothing, then I would take the $12 million.

I might call my union rep and tell him how much the current CBA sucks, but considering the franchise tag impacts less than 1% of the membership, I doubt I will be getting much sympathy.

Except throw sympathy out the window. Dez will get his money if he sticks to his guns. He just will. The question is silly but it IS simple. You, me, erod would take 40 million dollars in a heartbeat. To deny it is just flat out hypocritical.

coult44

Reaction score
Fans aren't giving up anything. The contract dispute/negotiations exist between the Dallas front office and Dez Bryant.
The season will go on with or without Dez Bryant. Seasons include divisional games. No fan is stopping Dez Bryant from suiting up? Are you upset? Why not focus your anger at the two parties pissing you off instead.
I'm not doing the proclamation game. That stuff never interests me. Football is won on the field and not between fans' ears.

Where did you get "pissed off" from. Not even close. Typical response....

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't care if it's "enough" for them or not. They're not that critical to winning championships as it's been proven over and over and over again.

Quarterbacks, offensive lineman, and pass rushers are vital. Running backs and receivers are nice to have, but not mandatory.

And I don't see Thomas all over Twitter threatening not to play if he's franchised.

The patriots won a superbowl last year with the deadly combination of Chandler Jones (6 sacks) and Rob Ninkovich (8 sacks) as the starting DE's. And they added depth in Jabaal Sheard and his 2 sacks in Cleveland last year.....

I believe the Patriots would love the opportunity to sign Dez. As would the Seahawks. They tried to create a WR in Percy Harvin, then traded for Graham from the saints to give Wilson some weapons.

erod

Reaction score
YOU think that 30 million is fair because you're a fan, not Dez Bryant.

Cold hard truth and people don't seem to understand that.

No, I think that's fair because it's the market being established.

I understand economics. You think money is a reward. It isn't. It's a reflection of value, and that value is being established in these negotiations.

What if Dallas signed him to $50 million guaranteed, and he gets a career-ending neck injury? Dallas is screwed for years to come. A receiver isn't worth that risk.

Again, he's just a receiver, not a quarterback.

Romonater

Reaction score
Can we stop with the "Taking care of family" line.

If you can't take care of your family with $12 million then you're a damn idiot. He wants a $50 million guarantee because like everyone else he would like as much money as he can possibly get, and as much as he thinks he is worth. And there is nothing wrong with that.

The line about needing the extra money because otherwise he can't take care of his family is mind numbingly ridiculous.

Sorry, but I don't think I'm a "damn idiot". You're just looking at it from the wrong perspective. Sure a middle class citizen can take care of themselves with 12 million dollars, but 50 million dollars is a lot more secure and it provides better opportunity. The cold, hard truth about this world is that it operates with benjamins than the brain.

erod

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't think I'm a "damn idiot". You're just looking at it from the wrong perspective. Sure a middle class citizen can take care of themselves with 12 million dollars, but 50 million dollars is a lot more secure and it provides better opportunity. The cold, hard truth about this world is that it operates with benjamins than the brain.

Dez has blown $11 million in five years. I don't think there is an amount of money to take care of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.