Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
Stop comparing dallas to these teams. The system Garrett has instilled is based on beating the defensive player physically. You really need to stop bringing up the past and these teams with superior defenses and quarterbacks. It's irritating

If Dez holds on to the ball, Dallas very well may have gone back to Seattle and won again, then beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl when they were begging to be beaten.

Nothing superior about them.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
He said a while back not to test his loyalty we'll find out how much he wants to be a Cowboy.

That to me is a player who KNOWS they slipped in the draft because of off the field issues....so I will take my lumps and be underpaid until the time to make it right appears. The time is here...and I have not complained one time about my money....so now I want you to reward my performance and my professionalism.

People act like the Cowboys have no CHOICE but to tag. Teams all over the NFL avoid the franchise tag all the time. Dallas COULD have walked up to him at any point an ripped up his contract because his performance exceeded his compensation. They chose not to. Which was their right. He did not publicly complain about it. Which was his right. Now it is time to make it right. And that is a choice the Cowboys have. And let's stop acting like the franchise tag is their only choice or the RIGHT choice. The franchise tag does not offer the long term security he worked for in silence. So of course he is hurt, confused and frustrated that his behavior throughout this time is not being rewarded. That his loyalty is being tested. So they are saying to him...this is business. And he is saying back...this is business. So let's see how it turns out. There are way too many fans who CLEARLY cannot see he will NOT be happy with the franchise tag.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
The Cowboys tagged Dez months ago. All of this talk about how teams would love to pay for Dez is self evident IMO. Any team could have stepped up and signed him if they really wanted to. None of them have. The idea that teams are willing to pay CJ money to any WR are just not reasonable IMO. The trend is not towards those kinds of outlandish contracts to WR any longer.

Nobody is going to give up 2 first round picks. i am talking about a sign trade where Dez get's his money. and the cowboys get Jacksonville first round pick.the Jags would do it. and i believe they would pay Dez.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I believe that Dez will sign. I don't think he's a bad guy. I just think that he's trying to get all he can out of the deal and that's fine. I have zero issues with that. However, at the end of the day, I believe the market has been set for Dez and it's likely going to be the Cowboys who have set it. I guess we will all find out soon enough.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seattle's best receiver is Jimmy G now. And he's very highly paid.

True but his contract is still very much inline with the other top TE. Graham contract ranks him 6th in contract avg. I think we all expect Dez to get a deal that makes him one of the highest but there does come a point of overpaying which is exactly what Det did with CJ. CJ contract 7 year, $113,450,000 contract with the Detroit Lions, including a $16,000,000 signing bonus, $48,750,000 guaranteed no one comes close to this for a WR. repeating the mistake of some other team does not make it any better of a deal.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If Dez holds on to the ball, Dallas very well may have gone back to Seattle and won again, then beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl when they were begging to be beaten.

Nothing superior about them.

Really? Tom Brady against our defense? Did you see what rodgers did on one leg? Wake up. We need Dez and it's not even funny how much we need him. If you don't want to admit that and keep arguing that good teams don't win superbowl with elite receivers go ahead. You are literally just talking and not making any sense. Seattle didn't have a wr your right. They only have Marshawn Lynch and the best defense in the league. Not to mention a qb that rushed for more yards then some rbs this past season. New England has a mastermind of a coach and a hall of fame qb, and a very good defense. We have Garrett, lost Murray., and your saying we shouldn't give dez a contract even if we overpay a bit because we don't need him based on the evidence of "other superbowl winners don't have them" get real

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I would actually love that. Two first round picks from the Jaguars?

Dallas could draft two Kelvin Benjamins and two Odell Beckhams and pay less than half of Dez' salary for all four combined.

Jerry has done a number on you and fans like you. AT SOME POINT. THIS IS NOT FANTASY FOOTBALL. AT SOME POINT. WINNING IS THE GOAL. But I guess since have lost for so long...and Jerry has shifted into ensuring that he at least wins on some level (that would be the revenue game)....that as fans we have replaced winning with being draft experts, armchair GMs etc.....WAKE UP PEOPLE! Dallas is FINALLY a good team ready to join the New Englands, Seattles, Baltimores, Pittsubughs of the new millennium....but we have lost and been bad for so long....we don't even see it. We see what players we can draft if Dez will not sign! This is just comical!

cowboyvic

Reaction score
He will sign, DEZ likes football and money too much to sit out a year.

Why do people keep bring up Dez sitting out the year. HE IS NOT GOING TO SIT OUT THE YEAR.heis going to play football this year. that is not even a question. the question is will he miss a couple games to put pressure on the cowboys if they start 0 and 2 ? and even when he comes in, do you get the same Dez.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Really? Tom Brady against our defense? Did you see what rodgers did on one leg? Wake up. We need Dez and it's not even funny how much we need him. If you don't want to admit that and keep arguing that good teams don't win superbowl with elite receivers go ahead. You are literally just talking and not making any sense. Seattle didn't have a wr your right. They only have Marshawn Lynch and the best defense in the league. Not to mention a qb that rushed for more yards then some rbs this past season. New England has a mastermind of a coach and a hall of fame qb, and a very good defense. We have Garrett, lost Murray., and your saying we shouldn't give dez a contract even if we overpay a bit because we don't need him based on the evidence of "other superbowl winners don't have them" get real

It is impossible to reason with people who do NOT understand football. And I just stated this week that I will FINALLY return to watch this team in person....because it is finally running like a real football operation. But if we think we can plug any WR in THIS offense...like we think we can do at RB...then once again...I will know that Jerry has pushed aside the football people...and locked everyone out of the room. Hence, I will NOT be going to a game in person!

Status
Not open for further replies.