Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
After everything u wrote there that's all you have to say? Oh yeah. You definitely won this argument.

I watched Kansas City beat Brady, 44-0, or some such. They were hardly a perfect team.

Seattle is painful to watch on offense at times. Wilson is highly overrated. Had they been able to put their foot down, they could have dominated that game, but they couldn't. New England had similar issues.

Green Bay and Dallas were better than both of them. The Packers left so many points on the field in Seattle, just like Dallas did in Green Bay with Murray's brain-dead fumble, Bailey's miss, and the catch that wasn't.

There wasn't a better QB last year than Romo, or a better team than Dallas. They just gotta finish.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree football is won at the LOS. But this passing attack relies on beating your man.....who on our team does that better than Dez? Who on our team does that OTHER than Dez? You want to put the tape of Terrance Williams against the Cards this year in your DVR? It was a joke.

Dez is our best WR no one questions that, the league has a lot of great WR heck Jordy Nelson had more catches, more yards and 13 TD (3 less than Dez) and his contract?

Jordy Nelson signed a 4 year, $39,050,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $11,500,000 signing bonus, $11,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $9,762,500. In 2015, Nelson will earn a base salary of $1,300,000, a roster bonus of $500,000 and a workout bonus of $500,000. Nelson has a cap hit of $4,600,000 while his dead money value is $9,200,000.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Dez is dang good, but he doesn't beat double coverage like some other receivers do. He draws double coverage, and Romo eats teams alive because of it. Dez is phenomenal against single coverage, but lacks the speed to run through double coverage.

He has some back issues, too, and I know that has Dallas a bit leery.

So Dez draws double coverage and Romo eats teams alive because of it. Not my words. Yours. And I agree. So if Dez is NOT on this team this year. Who is going to open up the passing game for everybody else? And I can PROMISE you...Dez is faster than Irvin, RIce, Chris Carter, and lots of other HOF WRs. So there is more to the position other than speed. And NONE of those aforementioned guys make the play Dez made against Green Bay. Was not even in their game to go up and get that ball like that!

Jenky

Reaction score
Dez is dang good, but he doesn't beat double coverage like some other receivers do. He draws double coverage, and Romo eats teams alive because of it. Dez is phenomenal against single coverage, but lacks the speed to run through double coverage.

He has some back issues, too, and I know that has Dallas a bit leery.

And I promise you, if Dez isn't on the field, you'll see those same guys not being able to get open.

No Dez = No playoffs.

erod

Reaction score
The problem you don't seem to see is that without dez they are going to stack the box against us knowing we literally have no passing game. Who are they going to double cover? Twill? Come on dude. Now we don't have a RB to beat those stacked boxes. Losing dez would be catastrophic to our season. Period.

And guess what? He'll be here. He's not sitting out of anything.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The problem you don't seem to see is that without dez they are going to stack the box against us knowing we literally have no passing game. Who are they going to double cover? Twill? Come on dude. Now we don't have a RB to beat those stacked boxes. Losing dez would be catastrophic to our season. Period.

Dez will play this season, because if he doesn't...he is going to have to spend a lot of money on therapy for what the hell he is thinking!

Jenky

Reaction score
So Dez draws double coverage and Romo eats teams alive because of it. Not my words. Yours. And I agree. So if Dez is NOT on this team this year. Who is going to open up the passing game for everybody else? And I can PROMISE you...Dez is faster than Irvin, RIce, Chris Carter, and lots of other HOF WRs. So there is more to the position other than speed. And NONE of those aforementioned guys make the play Dez made against Green Bay. Was not even in their game to go up and get that ball like that!

Exactly.

Rogah

Reaction score
Florio just posted an article echoing something I said about 10 pages ago:

Dez's tweet is too vague! Be more specific, ******!!! :D

erod

Reaction score

Hint: He's on the team. And he can't leave. So why are you worried?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Dez is our best WR no one questions that, the league has a lot of great WR heck Jordy Nelson had more catches, more yards and 13 TD (3 less than Dez) and his contract?

Jordy Nelson signed a 4 year, $39,050,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $11,500,000 signing bonus, $11,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $9,762,500. In 2015, Nelson will earn a base salary of $1,300,000, a roster bonus of $500,000 and a workout bonus of $500,000. Nelson has a cap hit of $4,600,000 while his dead money value is $9,200,000.

Nelson is good. But please don't post stats to compare these two players. That's like saying player X avg more points than LeBron....Player X averaged more rebounds than LeBron....player X averaged more assists than LeBron...but ANYBODY...that knows what they are watching....understands that statistics don't come close to defining LeBrons impact on the game!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And I promise you, if Dez isn't on the field. You'll see those same guys not being able to get open.

No Dez = No playoffs.

Maybe so and if that is the case then Dallas will be looking for a WR but I would do that before I would pay a stupid contract. Again I'm all for a fair deal but when the talk of CJ money comes into play no way in hell would I pay that. Dez is a great player so are some of the guys along out OL so is several others who are not going to kill our cap. Dez does this team no good if in the end if forces Dallas to sacrifice other top talented players

Chuck 54

Reaction score
In the articles I've read on ESPN, Dez thinks he's the best receiver in the NFL because his TDs and pass reception percentage are higher than CJ's, so he wants to be paid accordingly, as the top guy getting top contract. And Dez has said he will skip training camp and games...he did not say all games.

Now, how much of what has been reported is to be believed is open to opinion.

Dez is a very emotional and sometimes immature super star, so sitting out training camp, sitting out some early games to punish the front office and make a point, and feeling unrespected based on money would not surprise me at all. The Cowboys want to win now, but I really don't think they can afford to make him the highest paid receiver in the NFL...hard to wwin titles and remain competitive. I wonder, with all our championships and HOF players, how many were ever the top paid players at their positions. I do not think Aikman, Irvin, or Smith were ever making the top salary at their positions. I think they understood that they had to make some concessions to win titles. (I apologize if I'm wrong here; didn't look it up, just trusted I'd remember if they or Staubach or Dorsett, etc were carrying top salaries at positions.

I hope this works out, but if Dez holds to this stance, it will hurt the team, and despite the pain, I'll be ready to move on without him remaining a Cowboy for life.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nelson is good. But please don't post stats to compare these two players. That's like saying player X avg more points than LeBron....Player X averaged more rebounds than LeBron....player X averaged more assists than LeBron...but ANYBODY...that knows what they are watching....understands that statistics don't come close to defining LeBrons impact on the game!

why they won they beat us how much did Dez do for us in the playoffs? It is about winning as a team not who can pay their WR the most money. Talent wise I agree Dez is better but this is about winning football games and part of doing that is to assemble great talent through out the roster and you can't do that by paying out unreal contracts to 1 player

Jenky

Reaction score
Maybe so and if that is the case then Dallas will be looking for a WR but I would do that before I would pay a stupid contract. Again I'm all for a fair deal but when the talk of CJ money comes into play no way in hell would I pay that. Dez is a great player so are some of the guys along out OL so is several others who are not going to kill our cap. Dez does this team no good if in the end if forces Dallas to sacrifice other top talented players

I wouldn't toy with Romo's window anymore.

That's just me. He deserves a ring.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
that's romo and the cowboys trouble yes they were the best team in the nfc last year but fumbles and missed opportunites will doom you
they don't know to finish and I suspect never will.

erod

Reaction score

Nelson is faster than Dez, bigger than Dez, and just about as good in every way. And he signed for $11.5 million guaranteed.

Dez is getting offered a LOT more than that. So what's the problem?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
In the articles I've read on ESPN, Dez thinks he's the best receiver in the NFL because his TDs and pass reception percentage are higher than CJ's, so he wants to be paid accordingly, as the top guy getting top contract. And Dez has said he will skip training camp and games...he did not say all games.

Now, how much of what has been reported is to be believed is open to opinion.

Dez is a very emotional and sometimes immature super star, so sitting out training camp, sitting out some early games to punish the front office and make a point, and feeling unrespected based on money would not surprise me at all. The Cowboys want to win now, but I really don't think they can afford to make him the highest paid receiver in the NFL...hard to wwin titles and remain competitive. I wonder, with all our championships and HOF players, how many were ever the top paid players at their positions. I do not think Aikman, Irvin, or Smith were ever making the top salary at their positions.

I hope this works out, but if Dez holds to this stance, it will hurt the team, and despite the pain, I'll be ready to move on without him remaining a Cowboy for life.

As far as I'm concerned, if he skips any games, he might as well skip them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.