Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I worry this is Stephen Jones and his fiscal responsibility policy that caused Murray to end up in philly. Stats show receivers decline in value as they age just like running backs....maybe not just like but still decline.
Its a little concerning.

I think it's necessary if you want to sustain as a team. You have to have a manageable cap situation. I like Murray better then I do Dez but I would never have signed him to that kind of money either.

erod

Reaction score
The Dallas FO has more at stake here than simply the current logjam with Dez and his agent. It's possible the team is taking the stance that their dealings with Dez has a likelihood of establishing a precedent as to how they're inclined to conduct their new contractual policies in the future. The next couple of days will serve as a pretty good indication as to whether this is the case or not. Using Dez and his agent as a prime example could surely serve as a message to the rest of the team. If they stand fast with Dez, other players would surely think the FO would handle their contract dealings with them likewise. The next two days may be huge in that respect.

Dallas wants to do contracts like they did with Tyron Smith, Sean Lee, and DeMarco Muray.

erod

Reaction score
FIrst off, if this thing goes longer than this season, Dez will be testing the open market next year. It would become too much of a problem and Dallas would have moved on. Secondly, if you think a team would only pay him 3 million dollars for one year, you're being delusional.

Wrong. Dallas will just franchise him next year, too.

Dallas' deadline is next year, not now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dez isn't making it personal. Jesus, why can't people see that. He's protecting himself so that he could maximize his talents somewhere else if Dallas doesn't give him his money. Dez's priority shouldn't be about the Dallas Cowboys. He's a human being. It should be about his family.

I don't think it is personal I think it is very bad advice. Dez is not the brightest bulb in the kitchen, he relies on his agent to handle this. If it is about his family well 12.8 mill for 1 year is more than most family will ever see.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Dez isn't making it personal. Jesus, why can't people see that. He's protecting himself so that he could maximize his talents somewhere else if Dallas doesn't give him his money. Dez's priority shouldn't be about the Dallas Cowboys. He's a human being. It should be about his family.

He's making it personal if he sits out games. I'm not downing him for wanting to make as much money as he can. I'm saying if he actually starts to sit out games this fall then it is personal. I don't know why he's going on Twitter anyway. All he's doing is getting Cowboy fans angry. It's not like we have any power.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't think it is personal I think it is very bad advice. Dez is not the brightest bulb in the kitchen, he relies on his agent to handle this. If it is about his family well 12.8 mill for 1 year is more than most family will ever see.

His family probably needs a lot more. lol

Romonater

Reaction score
No it is not it is the Dallas Cowboys and to be a great team you have to be able to manage a salary cap, Dez is 1 player out of 53. He avgs 5 catches a game and asking for CJ type money? Well it was stupid when Det did it and would be stupid for Dallas to do it. If he holds out he gets NOTHING 0 dollars vs making 12.8 million only a fool would pass that up which is why NO PLAYERS have done that. It would take a complete moron with no sense at all to hold out and lose on that money.

Again, why are people suddenly belittling these players when they ask for money. People did it to DeMarco and now with Dez? It's nonsensical. People weren't brushing off his abilities when he was scoring 14 TDs this past year? Sure Dez is 1 of 53, but he's clearly THE number 1 of the 53. Detroit's contract does screw everything, but that's just what we have to live with. That isn't Dez's fault. He's going by market value. He has every right to do so. The man deserves it because he's that much good of a football player. Also, if you're not interested in getting Dez's "5 catches a game", i'm pretty sure some other team will take that problem away from you, happily.

superonyx

Reaction score
Of course it's not a way to win a championship. It doesn't mean it won't happen. If Dez skips games, he's making it personal. The Cowboys could do the same.

I believe its already personal with a guy like Dez. He has been showing up to workouts when he doesn't even have to. The media are using this as a bad thing that shows that he isn't serious. I can see how a guy like Dez would feel that this is personal. It doesn't matter if it is or isn't. What matters is if its personal to Dez or not.

Everyone knows its a bad thing to have players playing on the franchise tag. Especially when the player is a top 15 player in the league. Dragging your power out for 2 years and risking his ability to ever make the money he could make is not the right move. Franchise tag is a concession the players union had to make to the owners....its not a compliment.

Romonater

Reaction score
He's making it personal if he sits out games. I'm not downing him for wanting to make as much money as he can. I'm saying if he actually starts to sit out games this fall then it is personal. I don't know why he's going on Twitter anyway. All he's doing is getting Cowboy fans angry. It's not like we have any power.

LOL no he's not. Him not playing games doesn't hurt YOU financially, he's not slapping your daughter or your wife or your husband, he's just protecting his assets to make more money. I appreciate your love for the team, but at the end of the day Dez Bryant is handling this like a businessman. Once again, put yourself outside the equation because neither of us matter here.

erod

Reaction score
Again, why are people suddenly belittling these players when they ask for money. People did it to DeMarco and now with Dez? It's nonsensical. People weren't brushing off his abilities when he was scoring 14 TDs this past year? Sure Dez is 1 of 53, but he's clearly THE number 1 of the 53. Detroit's contract does screw everything, but that's just what we have to live with. That isn't Dez's fault. He's going by market value. He has every right to do so. The man deserves it because he's that much good of a football player. Also, if you're not interested in getting Dez's "5 catches a game", i'm pretty sure some other team will take that problem away from you, happily.

He is NOT the number one of the 53.

1. Romo
2. Romo
3. Romo
4. Offensive line
5. Dez/Witten/pass rush

The Natural

Reaction score
041339xbd4m9des200852a.jpg

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

No. Tony is the #1 in play and in importance IMO. Aside from that, Market Value is exactly what he's getting by getting Tagged. He's getting top Market Value. I'm not against Dez and I don't think anybody is really. We just aren't for Cap Suicide.

Romonater

Reaction score
If the franchise tag sticks, Dez will be the second highest paid receiver this season.

Sympathy will be hard to find.

I don't understand this rationale. Sure most of us will never touch a cent of that kind of money. Just because both of us are middle class workers, doesn't mean we have to be ignorant towards the fact that people nowadays just want to live as comfortably as possible. LEt's be realistic, Dez's career will be done in about 10 years. He's give about 6-10 years to make the most money in a life time. Would you take the minimum amount or would you maximize what you think you'd be worth? Some of us are just getting overly emotional here.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
LOL no he's not. Him not playing games doesn't hurt YOU financially, he's not slapping your daughter or your wife or your husband, he's just protecting his assets to make more money. I appreciate your love for the team, but at the end of the day Dez Bryant is handling this like a businessman. Once again, put yourself outside the equation because neither of us matter here.

How is it helping him get more money if they can't negotiate with him this fall? The negotiations are over in 2 days. He either signs or he sits.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

because they are highly rewarded as is to play a fricken game. I want Dez to sign a longterm deal and play his entire career. If he choose not to that is his choice. I work for a living, what some ball player choses to do that is his business. I ultimately do not give a damn about these spoiled little brats who have not worked a real job their entire life. I watch to be entertained and will be just that with or without Dez. He means nothing to me but if the guy is dumb enough to walk away from 12.8 million hell with him. You act as if 12.8 Million is nothing

Romonater

Reaction score
No. Tony is the #1 in play and in importance IMO. Aside from that, Market Value is exactly what he's getting by getting Tagged. He's getting top Market Value. I'm not against Dez and I don't think anybody is really. We just aren't for Cap Suicide.

Romo is my favorite player of all time from this organization, but it's really obvious that when Dez steps on the field, he's the number 1 player on both sides of the field, usually. Even Tony would tell you that. Romo might be more important(in fact he is), but Dez is clearly the best player on this team)

sideon

Reaction score
Demarco was good but over hyped and RBs aren't as valuable as star receivers, the Dez negativity i can't get with because if he's not on the field then this team is screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.