Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
If you want Megatron money then you must have the ability to be open when double and triple teamed and still make plays. Dez is awesome in this offense but he is not Megatron. He will disappear when doubled. Its been proven.

Dez is special but everyone can't be paid on one team. He has played extremely well and been a major contributor, but if he wants to stay on a winning team, he needs to negotiate. Listen to the Oil Man closely at a meeting between men. I'm sure Jerry has ways of being sure he is rewarded financially off the books ;)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I don't understand this rationale. Sure most of us will never touch a cent of that kind of money. Just because both of us are middle class workers, doesn't mean we have to be ignorant towards the fact that people nowadays just want to live as comfortably as possible. LEt's be realistic, Dez's career will be done in about 10 years. He's give about 6-10 years to make the most money in a life time. Would you take the minimum amount or would you maximize what you think you'd be worth? Some of us are just getting overly emotional here.

Dallas offered him a huge deal. Dez won't sign it. He wants his ego stroked.

Romonater

Reaction score
because they are highly rewarded as if to play a fricken game. I want Dez to sign a longterm deal and play his entire career. If he choose not to that is his choice. I work for a living, what some ball player choses to do that is his business. I ultimately do not give a damn about these spoiled little brats who have not worked a real job their entire life. I watch to be entertained and will be just that with or without Dez. He means nothing to me but if the guy is dumb enough to walk away from 12.8 million hell with him. You act as if 12.8 Million is nothing

Don't oversimplify what he does. While playing this game, he risks breaking bones, cracking ribs, doing internal damage, risk of getting a concussion too. You may see it as entertainment, but the reality is that these players do more than what you're suggesting. 12 million dollars is a lot of money, A LOT of money for you and me, but compared to what he should actually be making, it's practically nothing. Hell, lol give me 1 million dollars and i'll play football for you. However, very few people on this planet can do what Dez Bryant can do, and he'st rying to get paid for that. I don't blame him at all.

erod

Reaction score
I don't understand this rationale. Sure most of us will never touch a cent of that kind of money. Just because both of us are middle class workers, doesn't mean we have to be ignorant towards the fact that people nowadays just want to live as comfortably as possible. LEt's be realistic, Dez's career will be done in about 10 years. He's give about 6-10 years to make the most money in a life time. Would you take the minimum amount or would you maximize what you think you'd be worth? Some of us are just getting overly emotional here.

10 years? Dez' career as an elite receiver will be done in five years or less.

You act like they're offering him $3 million. They're offering guaranteed money around $30 million most likely. His agent wants a deal like Calvin Johnson, and Dallas isn't remotely interested in that.

He's just a wide receiver.

The best receiver for the Patriots is Julian Edelman. The best receiver for the Seahawks is Doug Baldwin. Those teams went to the Super Bowl.

Romonater

Reaction score
Dallas offered him a huge deal. Dez won't sign it. He wants his ego stroked.

Again, Dez has every right to fight for what he believes he's worth. I don't know the details of the contract that he was offered, so i can't really comment on that. I'm going to say this again, don't put yourself in the equation. Don't kid yourselves, people. This more than just football here.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Romo is my favorite player of all time from this organization, but it's really obvious that when Dez steps on the field, he's the number 1 player on both sides of the field, usually. Even Tony would tell you that. Romo might be more important(in fact he is), but Dez is clearly the best player on this team)

To you perhaps. To me, it's Tony and it's not ever been close. I think that most will acknowledge that I am not Tony Romo Fan Boy. I like the guy as a person and actually think he's one of the best quality people I've ever watched in professional sports. He's a very good QB when managed right and I never question his will to win but I've called it out when I didn't think Tony was doing what is right for the team to win. I say all of this because I want to make clear that when I say Tony is the man, it's because in my mind he is. Has been since the first time he stepped on the field and that's not going to change in the near future. Not just because he is the QB but because we are tied to Tony contractually. Tony is the best player on the field and I don't think it's close. However, I respect the fact that you see it differently. We just don't agree and that's cool.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score

You act like they're offering him $3 million. They're offering guaranteed money around $30 million most likely. His agent wants a deal like Calvin Johnson, and Dallas isn't remotely interested in that.

The best receiver for the Patriots is Julian Edelman. The best receiver for the Seahawks is Doug Baldwin. Those teams went to the Super Bowl.

The Cowboys have a significantly worse QB than Tom Brady.
The Cowboys have a significantly worse team in total than the Seahawks.

But other than that okay.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Don't oversimplify what he does. While playing this game, he risks breaking bones, cracking ribs, doing internal damage, risk of getting a concussion too. You may see it as entertainment, but the reality is that these players do more than what you're suggesting. 12 million dollars is a lot of money, A LOT of money for you and me, but compared to what he should actually be making, it's practically nothing. Hell, lol give me 1 million dollars and i'll play football for you. However, very few people on this planet can do what Dez Bryant can do, and he'st rying to get paid for that. I don't blame him at all.

there are professions where danger losing your life is 100 time greater and they do it for a lot less. It is a game, I know many can't seem to understand that but it is a game. These guys are paid damn well for what they do and the risk they take which again is a lot less of a risk than many other professions. He avgs 5 catches a game and will get 12.8 mill for that 5 catch avg? that is a joke.

Romonater

Reaction score

Put yourself in Dez's situation. If you see ridiculous players like Miles Austin and Roy WIlliams get paid that much money for what they contributed, why wouldn't you maximize your value? Don't lie to yourself, you would do the exact same thing for you and your family.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Again, Dez has every right to fight for what he believes he's worth. I don't know the details of the contract that he was offered, so i can't really comment on that. I'm going to say this again, don't put yourself in the equation. Don't kid yourselves, people. This more than just football here.

He does and that's fine but the reality is that he's being offered a deal that is what the Cowboys will pay him. It's not an unfair deal in my estimation. He's not going to get a lot more then this. You can sit out but he will only be costing himself.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

It's about ego, not money. If he signed a deal like TSmith he would make more money as a Cowboy than he could ever spend.

erod

Reaction score

Good gosh, dude. Seriously.

Dez will make THIS YEAR more than Irvin and Rice made their entire careers. And that wasn't that long ago.

Dallas doesn't have to dump their entire salary cap on one wide receiver.

coult44

Reaction score
Ok then, here's my question to all you people who are saying "next man up" , "later Dez", etc. Are you willing to give up wins in exchange for the Biys not giving in.
Next man up then.
Ok then, here's my question to all you people who are saying "next man up" , "later Dez", etc. Are you willing to give up wins in exchange for the Boys not giving in. Murray's gone, AD never came, TWill is not a number one. Without Dez, we instantly become a basic offense without any big time threats. Let's pretend it's 10000% he'll skip games. Is it worth divisional games? If he skips camp, it throws the chemistry and timing way off anyways. If he skips games, we could start 0-3, 1-4. Is it worth it to you????

erod

Reaction score
Put yourself in Dez's situation. If you see ridiculous players like Miles Austin and Roy WIlliams get paid that much money for what they contributed, why wouldn't you maximize your value? Don't lie to yourself, you would do the exact same thing for you and your family.

HE WILL BE THE SECOND HIGHEST PAID RECEIVER IN FOOTBALL THIS YEAR ON THE FRANCHISE TAG!!!

He's getting WAY more than Miles or Roy got. And this is for one season.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Put yourself in the Cowboys situation. In the past, you have paid ridiculous amounts of money for the play we saw from Miles and Roy Williams. Why would you continue to invest in that business practice?

superonyx

Reaction score
I think it's necessary if you want to sustain as a team. You have to have a manageable cap situation. I like Murray better then I do Dez but I would never have signed him to that kind of money either.

I believe there are only a handful of players in the league that are extremely hard to replace. Romo is one. I put Dez in that category. Its my thought that you have to be responsible with contracts but you also have to understand that some players are worth the money. With Dez its his passion that helps make him so hard to replace. We would be better off today if we would have signed Dez long term already and used the franchise tag on Murray.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok then, here's my question to all you people who are saying "next man up" , "later Dez", etc. Are you willing to give up wins in exchange for the Biys not giving in.

Ok then, here's my question to all you people who are saying "next man up" , "later Dez", etc. Are you willing to give up wins in exchange for the Boys not giving in. Murray's gone, AD never came, TWill is not a number one. Without Dez, we instantly become a basic offense without any big time threats. Let's pretend it's 10000% he'll skip games. Is it worth divisional games? If he skips camp, it throws the chemistry and timing way off anyways. If he skips games, we could start 0-3, 1-4. Is it worth it to you????

Yes. The long term future is bright. I am not concerned about where this team will be in a few years.

erod

Reaction score
Thank you, Stephen Jones. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

My Cowboys finally know what in the Sam Hill they're doing. Thought I'd never see the day.

Romonater

Reaction score
Good gosh, dude. Seriously.

Dez will make THIS YEAR more than Irvin and Rice made their entire careers. And that wasn't that long ago.

Dallas doesn't have to dump their entire salary cap on one wide receiver.

Comparing a player now to the structures they had in place back then is futile. Don't kid yourselves, as much as we put these legendary athletes on a pedestal, they wish they could making money as the players do now. It's a different world now. So the comparison is nonsensical in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.