Twitter: Dez: I don’t have no sympathy for coach Garrett losing his job

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ShortRound131, Jan 5, 2020.

1. NewCoach

NewCoach Member

29 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Dez actually achieved stuff in the NFL, unlike the weasel he's talking about.

2. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

10,967 Messages
    4,737 Likes Received
    I didn't like Garrett much when he was hired, but I gave him a chance. As the years passed and his incompetence became more glaring, I started to dislike him more. Still, I continued to support him and when the 12-4 season happened I thought he had finally turned the corner. But that appeared to be an anomaly. What really raised my ire towards him was his treatment of Tony in what turned out to be his last year as an NFL QB. He completely turned his back on his claims about the Dallas Cowboys being a meritocracy, likely due to the notion that it was Romo that was carrying the team for so many years through his learning on the job. So I don't see how he's such a good man. It seems to me that he scapegoats others for his mistakes for his own self-interest.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    jnday, birdwells1, Staubacher and 5 others like this.
  3. catiii

catiii Zone Supporter

1,214 Messages
    1,654 Likes Received
    Ya kicked it up a notch! In the words of Emeril lol :hammer:
    :D

SultanOfSix likes this.
  4. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

8,964 Messages
    5,539 Likes Received

Idgit likes this.
  5. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

5,117 Messages
    2,388 Likes Received
    Garrett is passionate and loves football. Ok? Lol. So is everybody on this website. Fail again

6. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

10,967 Messages
    4,737 Likes Received
    I’ve been passionately incompetent at many things. But being so is typically short lived

stilltheguru and Daillest88 like this.
  7. SiCk_DiAbLo

SiCk_DiAbLo Well-Known Member

356 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    I can't argue with that Tweet...

8. zeke21

zeke21 Well-Known Member

647 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    I'm as happy as everyone else that he is gone.. no doubt he wasn't up to the task but I truly believe he gave it 100% of what he had.

In fact he reminds me a lot of our current QB and maybe that is why he ditched Romo for Dak in the first place.. I think Garrett believed that hard work would win over natural ability and that ability+hardwork= talent.. and that talent would win over scheme. If we failed it was never, in his eyes, the scheme at fault but rather the individual executing. That is why he talked process so much and hardwork. Seemingly he failed to understand that most guys who start in the NFL have ability.. and most of them have worked hard to get there.. trying to win on pure talent alone is not enough in the salary cap/draft era.

Yes hardwork is needed but there is so much more to modern football than 'hard work' and Garrett never fully grasped that. Ironically we have ended up with one of the softest lists with a poor work ethic.. I think in part because of garretts failure to understand the modern player and consistently being left behind the trends. I don't believe the players bought into the method at all and it was a major failing.

Coy likes this.
  9. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

10,672 Messages
    5,625 Likes Received
    I ran out of likes for everyone on this thread...

cern likes this.
  10. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

10,139 Messages
    2,480 Likes Received
    Why should he? I don't feel bad for Jason, the coach either. He's been compensated well and he'll get another opportunity in the league. He'll be fine.

Cowfan75 and stilltheguru like this.
  11. sideon

sideon Well-Known Member

1,757 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    I'm sure Romo has no sympathy for Garrett either.

Coy likes this.
  12. SoBlue128

SoBlue128 Well-Known Member

1,176 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received

No one other than the players and coaches really know what went on behind closed doors. I can’t imagine being a coach at the NFL level none of us can unless we have been there. It’s a tough profession dependent on results and in the end he wasn’t getting the desired results. A coach can only do so much but in the end it’s his job to put his players in the best possible situation to succeed. This mess ultimately sits on Jerry, whether it was his meddling or maybe putting Garrett in a position he wasn’t ready for who knows. Sometimes people are put in impossible situations to succeed

Dre11 likes this.
  13. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

35,336 Messages
    6,400 Likes Received
    Where was Twitter when Dave Campo was fired...

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  14. cern

cern Well-Known Member

10,293 Messages
    14,197 Likes Received
    His tweets are bleats.

15. cern

cern Well-Known Member

10,293 Messages
    14,197 Likes Received
    Dez has had more than enough time to get back on the field and shut everyone up by playing well. The fact he hasn't is indicative of his passion.

16. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

9,800 Messages
    15,836 Likes Received
    Wade Phillip's reaction when he heard the news........

[​IMG]

17. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

1,854 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    Which is it?

Is Jer-Jer the reason the Cowboys seem incompetent, or was it Jason's fault?
    Read one thread, it's all on Jerry.
    Read another thread, It's Jason's incompetence.

Anybody know?

18. BrassCowboy

BrassCowboy RW Hitman

4,503 Messages
    2,182 Likes Received
    Sooooo he does have sympathy then? :huh:

:muttley:

19. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

57,760 Messages
    58,512 Likes Received
    I’m posting regularly, apart from some holiday traveling. I just don’t reply to stupid, repetitive questions that I’ve already answered repeatedly. That narrows down the options these days, unfortunately.

20. willia451

willia451 Well-Known Member

2,528 Messages
    2,839 Likes Received
    Are the Cowboys still paying for his handlers?

LucaBrasi likes this.