Dez: I'm ready to play again

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
He has to reach out to teams because nobody is reaching out to him. He was a great cowboy, but his time has passed. He hasn't played in forever, was never know as a good route runner, he brings drama and is coming off a torn Achilles. I really can't see a contending team being interested in him. Bottom feeding teams will likely continue to play the young guys on their rosters as opposed to bringing in a broken down vet with 8 games to go.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He has to reach out to teams because nobody is reaching out to him. He was a great cowboy, but his time has passed. He hasn't played in forever, was never know as a good route runner, he brings drama and is coming off a torn Achilles. I really can't see a contending team being interested in him. Bottom feeding teams will likely continue to play the young guys on their rosters as opposed to bringing in a broken down vet with 8 games to go.
Bills would be his best case scenario. Winning record and Zay Jones flopping really hurt them at WR

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I love dez but he looks slow and not explosive at all. Looks like his route running is still to be desired too

John813

Reaction score
1 year off for an achilles tear seems pretty optimistic, no?
Especially at his age.

His best bet is the XFL tbh.

Show up there, and then see what happens post NFL draft.

joseephuss

Reaction score
1 year off for an achilles tear seems pretty optimistic, no?
Especially at his age.

His best bet is the XFL tbh.

Show up there, and then see what happens post NFL draft.

Maybe, but players have returned from that injury in shorter timelines. In 2006, Greg Ellis(age 31 at the time) injured his Achilles on November 12th and came back in week 4 of the 2007 season. Dez(age 30 at the time) injured his Achilles on November 9th of last year. I would think the procedures and rehabs are probably even better now than they were then. It can be done. I don't know if Dez can do it. Maybe. It will be a challenge.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Route running is slow but i think he would be great as a slot going against less physical dbs and in some cases, a linebacker.

I could see him go to the Raiders, Bears, or Panthers.

calico

Reaction score
Hoping he gets a spot on a roster. That injury was killer for him at this point in his career. A 2 year injury to get back to 100% and he was already basically outta time and slowing big time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was feeling a little juiced too on the couch last night. I might throw out a few feelers and see what happens. I woulda audibled out of that 3 and 2 and hit Witten for a TD.

Reactions: G2