Dez Signs with Saints

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let's be honest. Who would you rather have throwing you the football? Prescott or Brees? Not trying to stir it up, but, one would think Dez COULD possibly do better with a better QB. Let's wait and see.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And if he wins a SB with Brees what does that say about our QBs since 2010? :muttley:

Wouldn't even say anything, I wouldn't even criticize Dak for that. Dez is a benefit to an already loaded team. Great coach, great offensive weapons, some really good young defenders (though the secondary isn't great by any means)

Dak is one part of a problem, a big problem, but even if he was elite this is not a Super Bowl team.

cern

Reaction score
I have no clue how dez will do. But he'll be playing for a great coach and a top 3 qb. No excuses.

birdwells1

Reaction score
If only we had Drew Brees to throw it to him, and a #1 (that would be Michael Thomas) to take some focus off Dez.

We saw how the passing game looked last year - not much better than this year. Didn't need Dez, and Cooper probably won't make much difference either.

Cooper's not going to make that big of a difference because Dak can't pass good enough to make defenses fear him. In 2016 defenses fear Dez because they knew what he could do because they saw him do it with Romo but in 2017 they said "you may be the same Dez but that ain't Romo throwing the ball" so no safety over the top help which hurts the running game. They didn't stop giving Dez extra coverage due to Dez falling off it was because we had a qb that was ineffective now that's what's happening to Cooper.

uvaballa

Reaction score
The Saints are averaging 35points/game and over 400yards/game. I doubt Dez helps them improve on that. That is a very potent O with or without Dez. Fans always overreact.

I do hope Dez plays well except against the Cowboys.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
j0OSwQa.jpg

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I've been waiting for this day since Dez was cut. I love message board drama like this. With how poorly the Cowboys play, it is more entertaining than the actual football season. :laugh:
Lol yep. The next big CZ TMZ moment will be the week leading up to when we play the Saints.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Contending team. Beats the Rams, decides to take a low-risk gamble on a WR for a deep playoff run.

Non-contending team. Loses to Commanders, panics and trades a likely-top 10 pick for a WR that will not be enough to fix their woes.

Non-contending team trades top 5 pick and can't pick a top quarterback in the 2019 draft. Woes will continue until 2020.

MrMavsMan

Reaction score
Dez is about to go off, maybe not this first week but after this first week we will see why having a top 5 QB is so important in this league.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Non-contending team trades top 5 pick and can't pick a top quarterback in the 2019 draft. Woes will continue until 2020.
It’s not going to be a top 5 pick. Woes have been continuing for 20+ years what’s another year or two? lol