Dez Signs with Saints

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
From the man himself. Dez.. " I was a scapegoat, calling out garbage plays"....

Dez should still be here, helping this offense along, with Coop... Would've been a great thing.
If Dez were here, Cooper would not be.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez is about to win a Superbowl! Just like Demarcus with the Broncos. :lmao:

And just like Owen Daniel and Vernon Davis and TJ Ward and a number of others with Denver. All that says is they landed on the right team when they became free agents. Every Super Bowl winning team has guys that were with other teams in past years.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah Dak is overpaid for what he contributes.

Probably not since he is currently being paid like a 4th round draft pick on his rookie contract, but if he were getting paid like most starting QBs, that would be true.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zero because he's going to be laser focused to prove JJ, JG, SJ and Dak wrong. Scratch Dak he's already proven how bad of a qb he is this year.

Oh, so suddenly he will run sharp routes he never ran when in Dallas? He will gain a step in speed? He will retire his adolescent attitude? He will become a team player and not a distraction?

Well you saw what happened to Adrian Peterson with Sean Payton. Dez starts his wining and he will be unemployed.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Oh, so suddenly he will run sharp routes he never ran when in Dallas? He will gain a step in speed? He will retire his adolescent attitude? He will become a team player and not a distraction?

Well you saw what happened to Adrian Peterson with Sean Payton. Dez starts his wining and he will be unemployed.
I don’t think he’ll make their offense any better. But this will be his first time playing with a HOF QB and a true #1WR. So he doesn’t have to do too much.

birdwells1

Reaction score

You haters hope but watch Dez be on his best behavior because he's going to be a free agent after the year and he knows that N.O. is on a roll right now and if they fall off due to him then he'll get all the blame.

Big_D

Reaction score
He’s not playing for some pansy coach who can’t handle the situation.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Sean Payton knows he doesn't really need Dez. He wants to stick it to Jerry when we meet and knows Dez cannot wait to rub it in. I hope we win ONE game of the next 8 games. I don't care where we end, just beat NO aints

I like the "stick it to Jerry" part though. Have at it Sean, or anyone to that matter

:cool:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I laugh hard at fans wishing him luck against us and hope he burns us thats the worst fan ever hoping we lose or he does great against us,

jokes on Dez, took 9 weeks and about 70 OTHER WR transactions before his name finally got called for a cheap 9 game contract. sure he will provide some production as a #2/3 WR with all the attention on Thomas, Kamara, and Brees throwing it to him..he be covered by 2nd or 3rd corner..it will prove nothing except he was making 12-16 per as a guy who no longer produced as a 1..if he didnt get so adamant about NOT taking pay cut running his mouth about everyone around him both before and after he left, he would have been here at a reduced rate..

His emotions will likely get the best of him, he will try too hard and fumble and drop passes..remember that guy, this is basically a non story..

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Sean Payton knows he doesn't really need Dez. He wants to stick it to Jerry when we meet and knows Dez cannot wait to rub it in. I hope we win ONE game of the next 8 games. I don't care where we end, just beat NO aints

I like the "stick it to Jerry" part though. Have at it Sean, or anyone to that matter

:cool:

Probably, remember the onside kick several years ago when they were already beating our behinds?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You haters hope but watch Dez be on his best behavior because he's going to be a free agent after the year and he knows that N.O. is on a roll right now and if they fall off due to him then he'll get all the blame.

I imagine you are right that he will behave himself, but saying he is only doing for the sake of making it appear he is worth giving a contract after the season isn't really an argument against the "haters". In any case, I don't really expect a lot from him for several weeks. The Saints are on too much of a roll to risk screwing it up by forcing a new guy into a big role with the offense. Had he been with the team all season I would have expected something similar to what he has done in Dallas in recent years which is around 800 + yards and 6-8 TDs, which would be a nice total for the #2 receiver in the Saints offense.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hope he does well and gets a ring, he truly loves the game. Too bad the coaches didn’t protect him from himself when he kept trying to play through injuries as many others like Marion Barber, DeMarcus Ware, Tony Romo, and Sean Lee just to name a few...