Dez Signs with Saints

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
What is over/under of him lasting there the rest of the season........he'll behave the first couple of games then it will start getting under his skin when he isn't getting many targets, then the show will begin.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I imagine you are right that he will behave himself, but saying he is only doing for the sake of making it appear he is worth giving a contract after the season isn't really an argument against the "haters". In any case, I don't really expect a lot from him for several weeks. The Saints are on too much of a roll to risk screwing it up by forcing a new guy into a big role with the offense. Had he been with the team all season I would have expected something similar to what he has done in Dallas in recent years which is around 800 + yards and 6-8 TDs, which would be a nice total for the #2 receiver in the Saints offense.

I didn't mean that the only reason he'll be on his best behavior was because he looking for a contract so I shouldn't have said it that way. You guys that are hoping for the worst for Dez amaze me because I think that you want to be right about the release but him not be here and the numbers this offense has put up shows that he wasn't the problem.Remember, the saints have a real qb and a real offensive coordinator so all he has to do is run his routes and get open. This year will be easier than any of the last 3 in Dallas.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What is over/under of him lasting there the rest of the season........he'll behave the first couple of games then it will start getting under his skin when he isn't getting many targets, then the show will begin.

Right, because Dez has always been complaining about targets here...oh wait, no, that was just the false narrative people threw around and not the truth.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dez haters are pathetic. They'll probably be glued to every Saints game the rest of the year.
Do you realize how stupid this post sounds? It's one thing if he were still a Cowboy.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
good for him. Hope he gets a ring.

He's still pretty much washed, though.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Best of Luck to Dez! I felt it was time he moved on from here, but I wish him the best! I seriously thought he would have signed with someone in the summer. I hope he makes Jerry look even more foolish. :)

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the saints will probable score in the 40's on the cowboys if they get home field they will be the favorites to go to the superbowl

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Right, because Dez has always been complaining about targets here...oh wait, no, that was just the false narrative people threw around and not the truth.
There is no "oh,wait" about it.....I'll never understand you simpltons that can watch something and come to the exact opposite conclusion....

John813

Reaction score
Hope he does well and gets a ring, he truly loves the game. Too bad the coaches didn’t protect him from himself when he kept trying to play through injuries as many others like Marion Barber, DeMarcus Ware, Tony Romo, and Sean Lee just to name a few...

That 2015 season was a ****-show from start to finish.

Dez holdout, Romo and his collarbone, Randle being a *******, weak NFCE making Jerry think we could make a run. Dez comes back too soon, Romo comes back too soon x2 collarbone fracture.

birdwells1

Reaction score

What happened in 2016 when the team was winning and he wasn't getting passes? Nothing. You guys have created a narrative about Dez that's simply not true. He's gone the Cowboys org did him dirty with the timing of his release and with the dirt they threw on his reputation since. They didn't want him to surface with a team like the saints so that they wouldn't look bad but now he has.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
As a Cowboys fan, I want Dez to succeed. Especially since success would likely make Jerry look foolish

Dez will likely be facing #2 or #3 CBs. I suspect he'll get a lot of play in the slot; he was decent at it the rare times Dallas put him there.

Brees doesn't need Dez to get huge separation or run perfect routes. Like Tony Romo, Brees can get the ball into tight windows and put it where only Dez has a shot at it.

Also, Dez was a good run blocker downfield. Kamara & Ingram should be happy with that

Dre11

Reaction score
Never should've be let go, it's even being said now, he had more offers not reported that he's turned down.

Dez for all the stuff people complained about was the heart and soul of the team, loved the Cowboys, and put his body on the line for this organization, he gave his all.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
What happened in 2016 when the team was winning and he wasn't getting passes? Nothing. You guys have created a narrative about Dez that's simply not true. He's gone the Cowboys org did him dirty with the timing of his release and with the dirt they threw on his reputation since. They didn't want him to surface with a team like the saints so that they wouldn't look bad but now he has.
Hold on while I get a tissue.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
There is no "oh,wait" about it.....I'll never understand you simpltons that can watch something and come to the exact opposite conclusion....

Can you please point to one factual instance of him doing that? Just one. Please don't deflect like everyone else when asked for evidence.