Dez Signs with Saints

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What happened in 2016 when the team was winning and he wasn't getting passes? Nothing. You guys have created a narrative about Dez that's simply not true. He's gone the Cowboys org did him dirty with the timing of his release and with the dirt they threw on his reputation since. They didn't want him to surface with a team like the saints so that they wouldn't look bad but now he has.
In 2016 he got targeted about 7.5 times per game, only about .5 target lower than his career average and he did get frustrated. He had an absolutely horrible game against Cleveland that year. It was the game he was loafing on a 3rd down play instead of blocking for Dak, who was trying to scramble for a 1st down. He also dropped a couple passes and gave half-hearted effort on a couple of other targets in which he thought he was interfered with. That said, we had a sizeable lead in the 4th quarter facing a 3rd and long. Dak threw an incomplete pass to Witten and Dez became animated. He stomped into the end zone, threw his hands up in the air, and looked up into the sky. He was visibly upset. He did this with a huge lead.

I'm not sure what happened after this game, but he became a different player for the remainder of the year in terms of his attitude. Even when he had the terrible game against the Giants later in the year, he kept his head on straight.

And the fans didn't create this narrative. Dez did. The fans just witness his actions.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In 2016 he got targeted about 7.5 times per game, only about .5 target lower than his career average and he did get frustrated. He had an absolutely horrible game against Cleveland that year. It was the game he was loafing on a 3rd down play instead of blocking for Dak, who was trying to scramble for a 1st down. He also dropped a couple passes and gave half-hearted effort on a couple of other targets in which he thought he was interfered with. That said, we had a sizeable lead in the 4th quarter facing a 3rd and long. Dak threw an incomplete pass to Witten and Dez became animated. He stomped into the end zone, threw his hands up in the air, and looked up into the sky. He was visibly upset. He did this with a huge lead.

I'm not sure what happened after this game, but he became a different player for the remainder of the year in terms of his attitude. Even when he had the terrible game against the Giants later in the year, he kept his head on straight.

And the fans didn't create this narrative. Dez did. The fans just witness his actions.
The Seattle game is enough evidence for me. I don't like selfish quitters who eventually get their way and then fail miserably.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Can you please point to one factual instance of him doing that? Just one. Please don't deflect like everyone else when asked for evidence.
If it has to be "pointed out" to you then it would do no good..........finish your Dez teabagging.

Reactions: G2

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A humiliating loss to the Eagles next Sunday night on national television will quite possibly be Jason Garrett's undoing.

A humiliating loss to the Saints on Thursday night, November 29th, on national television, especially at the hands of Dez Bryant, should be the Front Office's undoing.

Watching Jerry and his idiot boy in their skybox when the Saints are kicking our arse and Dez is throwing up the X...………...man, oh man

That is going to be EPIC!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Asklesko

Reaction score
This makes me happy. I hope he resurrects his career and proves he still has it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I laugh hard at fans wishing him luck against us and hope he burns us thats the worst fan ever hoping we lose or he does great against us,

jokes on Dez, took 9 weeks and about 70 OTHER WR transactions before his name finally got called for a cheap 9 game contract. sure he will provide some production as a #2/3 WR with all the attention on Thomas, Kamara, and Brees throwing it to him..he be covered by 2nd or 3rd corner..it will prove nothing except he was making 12-16 per as a guy who no longer produced as a 1..if he didnt get so adamant about NOT taking pay cut running his mouth about everyone around him both before and after he left, he would have been here at a reduced rate..

His emotions will likely get the best of him, he will try too hard and fumble and drop passes..remember that guy, this is basically a non story..

birdwells1

Reaction score

This is what he said about his quarterback after that Cleveland game:

"You want to be very mindful of what you've got going, which right now we've got a lot of chemistry going," Jones said Tuesday on his weekly radio appearance. "That has got to be really recognized if you're making a decision."

Zordon

Reaction score
they chose company dak, company man garrett, and lifetime loser linehan over the most popular player on the team. dropped the heart and soul of the team so we can suffer through 200 yd games every week without anyone questioning it. if this cowboys **** wasn't engrained in him as a baby, i would have dropped these idiots a long time ago. jerry has destroyed this franchise and his son will put it in the grave for good.

The Natural

Reaction score
Just about everybody on the team has congratulated Dez and cant wait to see him on the 29th

Cz told me he was a cancer and not liked by his teammates
They probably wish they were joining him. N.O. Is about to be having all the fun while they're stuck being led by Dak's swaggerless *** and his corny motivational messages. Lets lock arms and be together now more than ever guys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is over/under of him lasting there the rest of the season........he'll behave the first couple of games then it will start getting under his skin when he isn't getting many targets, then the show will begin.

I'll take that bet. He just went from the outhouse to the penthouse. He has nothing to be unhappy about. Like Romo, he's "won".

birdwells1

Reaction score
they chose company dak, company man garrett, and lifetime loser linehan over the most popular player on the team. dropped the heart and soul of the team so we can suffer through 200 yd games every week without anyone questioning it. if this cowboys **** wasn't engrained in him as a baby, i would have dropped these idiots a long time ago. jerry has destroyed this franchise and his son will put it in the grave for good.

Preach Brother.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is what he said about his quarterback after that Cleveland game:

"You want to be very mindful of what you've got going, which right now we've got a lot of chemistry going," Jones said Tuesday on his weekly radio appearance. "That has got to be really recognized if you're making a decision."
Not sure what Jerry's quote has to do with Dez and him becoming frustrated he didn't get the ball on a 3rd and long in a blowout game? :huh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never should've be let go, it's even being said now, he had more offers not reported that he's turned down.

Dez for all the stuff people complained about was the heart and soul of the team, loved the Cowboys, and put his body on the line for this organization, he gave his all.

Wow! I am agreeing with you a LOT today!

Something's wrong...
:laugh: