Twitter: Dez sounds like he is bitter

eromeopolk

Reaction score
How do you think they’d compare if Romo started in 2004(his rookie year) vs part way into 2006 after getting to learn on the bench for a couple of years?

Another way to put this:

Daks first four years in the league:

40-24

Romo’s first four years in the league:

?

If we just went with team wins losses over their first 4 years(which is not really fair because how would Romo perform? We don’t really know and can never know, but for arguments sake in this scenario)

Romo would be 37-27, he’d have 2 playoff appearances, 1 pro bowl, with Romo 0-2 and Dak at 1-2 in the playoffs. Interesting thought experiment.
One had to get ready (Romo) and the other was born ready (Dak).

What was Miss St. before Dak?...never no.1 ranked in school history. What was the Cowboys before Dak?...won a top 5 NFL draft pick after a 4-12 season losing their broke back often injured veteran QB.

I may not be fair but I am accurate with reality.

rags747

Reaction score
Does anyone really take Dez seriously these days? This is the main reason he did not retire a Cowboy, could not keep his emotions in control. The whole league knows that he is toast. He needs to find his next career for internal fulfillment, he’s a very angry young man unfortunately.

rags747

Reaction score
Romo made Dez rich.

QBs like Aikman and Brady would have run him out of town.

Romo coached him in the huddle and then Romo ran around buying time in order to find Dez on the field because nobody really knew where Dez would go after the snap.
Yep, Brady or Aikman would have ripped Dez a new ...hole and told him to shut the frig up. Those two do not suffer fools lightly.

rags747

Reaction score
Man Jerry would've gave Romo whatever he wanted and on time. These are facts. Everyone knows it. You not signing Dak because he wants one less year? Sad.............having a great offseason but that's the one black eye.
No black eye at all, the season will start and there will be a qb under center. Both camps are playing hardball, it will get worked out to everyone’s satisfaction eventually.

rags747

Reaction score
Yeah I'll always love Dez and what he did. I think he deserves far more respect than that's given but it seems like to me he's taking his route running more serious now than he did when he was in the league.
That is what would be called a little late in figuring out what needs to be done. All his great route running today is just keeping him in great shape...I guess that’s a positive.

erod

Reaction score
Dak and Dez never connected. Dak doesn't throw the kind of balls Dez needs to be successful.

That's a lot of the reason why they cut Dez.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Yes, Dez...let's not upgrade a position in order to not offend Dak. Makes perfect sense. I mean, who wouldn't want to protect a player's feelings over winning football games?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Didn't he rip Dak on his way out of town? Maybe I'm wrong.

Not quite, but I think Dak had a lot to do with Dez's excommunication.

Do y'all remember this one (not quoted exact)

"I guess I could have put thrown the ball harder there so it stuck in his face mask"

Dez was whining and and Dak was tired of watching the ball clang off his hands. Now they want the band back together?

Eanwen

Reaction score
The only "diss" I see (and that's being generous) is to Jerry.

Praxit

Reaction score

1. Disses Dalton
  2. Disses Romo
  3. Disses Jerry
Guaranteed a good bit of this is that with Ceedee getting #88 it finally sunk in that his NFL career may be over

..lol.. I guess Dez saw the writing on the wall. He might of played his last game, 4 yrs ago.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
IF the Jones' wanted Dez back they would have made a deal long before the draft. This is now a young franchise not a franchise filled w/a bunch of has beens from around the league.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak is the only one he shouldn't support. The way Dak plays is the reason he isn't in the league anymore IMO.

So....31 other teams can't see what the average Cowboys fan can? Amazing.

Wonder why Dak hasn't ruined Cooper or Gallup's career? Or how Randall Cobb got paid by Houston after playing with Dak in 2019???

John813

Reaction score
I mean its no surprise they signed Dalton before Dak. One is 32 and has had below average years and maybe valued moving back home for a cheap price.

The other may very well want to be paid #1 overall in terms of aav for his Position and his agent may not be willing to cut the cowboys any leeway.

Romo did get paid but I don't think his agent was a big of a hardass to this FO.

I don't doubt this team wanting to pay Dak long term but they do want some type of win during negotiations. In terms of SB, term or aav. Imo

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

1. Disses Dalton
  2. Disses Romo
  3. Disses Jerry
Guaranteed a good bit of this is that with Ceedee getting #88 it finally sunk in that his NFL career may be over

It does look like bitterness.

Dissing Romo too. Very bad juju. Dez seems to have forgotten who was throwing him all those balls that got him paid.

Also seems to have forgotten that the "winning record" that Romo lacked was also *his* record.