Twitter: Dez trolls Cowboys OC Linehan during loss to Panthers

Praxit

Reaction score
Well, we got rid of one, now Linehan should be next.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
So if Dallas comes out and puts 20+ points on NY on Sun and wins— does that mean Dez sux, Garrett is a great coach, Linehan a great OC, Dak a great QB etc...?

Of course not. So one bad game doesn’t mean much either. The team laid an absolute collective egg on the road in Denver last year— and rebounded. Lets see where we are at after week 4 before passing total judgment on the 2018 Cowboys.

Lots of football left to play. Are there reasons for concern? Yes. Are they insurmountable? Would not go that far... I want to see how this young team responds to that performance and all the media and fan backlash.

Would love to see them collectively make a statement game next week

dfense

Reaction score
Everyone knows the OC and HC are the main reason for the struggles. They can’t game plan to help their players succeed. They just want guys to win head to head battles every play.
Not everybody. There is almost nothing Dak does well right about now. He can hit a receiver who isn't moving ok, I guess.

Put the blame on ownership. Garrett doesn't deal the cards.

Tommy

Reaction score
Why isnt the team he was on a contending team now without him??
Umm? Was that a serious question?

They were not a contending team last year with him. Not having Dez in the lineup yesterday was not what was wrong with our offense. Think back about 8 months ago. We had the same problems with him.

dfense

Reaction score
Dez is absolutely killing his employment opportunities.

Praxit

Reaction score
..come to think of it, maybe Dez did us a favor..lol..

InTheZone

Reaction score
Fire Linehan and Garrett... apologize to Dez and bring him back where he belongs.

It's not his fault our coaches couldn't maximize his performance. That is on the coaches.

And if Dak doesn't like it he can go too.
If I was Dez I'm not coming back until another player is gone.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Umm? Was that a serious question?

They were not a contending team last year with him. Not having Dez in the lineup yesterday was not what was wrong with our offense. Think back about 8 months ago. We had the same problems with him.
Wrong

I was told that Dez was holding the QB back and him not being here would improve this offense. I was also told that Dak played his best games of his career without Dez.

And btw, this was a contending team with Dez in 2016. You know, the year bfor opposing defenses had an off season to exploint the weaknesses of this trash QB

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I don’t blame him. Dude gave his all for the team and he was kicked to the curb per usual by the FO and the fan base all in the name of finding another scapegoat to lead to the alter of Garrett and Dak.

He and Witten were blamed by some on here for being the sole reasons the offense struggled. Ridiculous.

Murray, Romo, Dez, Bailey, Witten...all given the boot to cover the failures of others. Pathetic.

Yes I know Witten retired.

Tommy

Reaction score
Wrong

I was told that Dez was holding the QB back and him not being here would improve this offense. I was also told that Dak played his best games of his career without Dez.

And btw, this was a contending team with Dez in 2016. You know, the year bfor opposing defenses had an off season to exploint the weaknesses of this trash QB
Your skipped over 2017. We had Dez on our team last year. I don’t remember him coming through for us to save the day in these situations last season. Are you saying he would have yesterday?

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
So if Dallas comes out and puts 20+ points on NY on Sun and wins— does that mean Dez sux, Garrett is a great coach, Linehan a great OC, Dak a great QB etc...?

Of course not. So one bad game doesn’t mean much either. The team laid an absolute collective egg on the road in Denver last year— and rebounded. Lets see where we are at after week 4 before passing total judgment on the 2018 Cowboys.

Lots of football left to play. Are there reasons for concern? Yes. Are they insurmountable? Would not go that far... I want to see how this young team responds to that performance and all the media and fan backlash.

Would love to see them collectively make a statement game next week
I think you are right, things can get better, BUT the team is far away from being a contender right now. This falls on the shoulders of the coaches and admin.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I think you are right, things can get better, BUT the team is far away from being a contender right now. This falls on the shoulders of the coaches and admin.

For sure. But this a very young, inexperienced team that has not played together much. Lots of new personnel— and a large leadership void.

No excuses. They have this year to show me something. But I realize there are bound to be giant growing pains considering the roster moves.

If we can be 7-5 or better heading into Dec, this team has enough talent to peak late and make a run. Likewise— if they cannot right the ship and they go 0-4 to start the year— their inexperience and the adversity may end up dropping them to a 5-11 or worse kind of year.

Just too early to tell yet

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Your skipped over 2017. We had Dez on our team last year. I don’t remember him coming through for us to save the day in these situations last season. Are you saying he would have yesterday?
Re-watch the Oakland Game