Twitter: Dez trolls Cowboys OC Linehan during loss to Panthers

uvaballa

Reaction score
Not everybody. There is almost nothing Dak does well right about now. He can hit a receiver who isn't moving ok, I guess.

Put the blame on ownership. Garrett doesn't deal the cards.
They are the main reason. Why could t the Cowboys consistently win prior to Dak/Zeke? Yes JJ is a big reason too.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This place has been truly spiteful towards Dez - we can all be down about how his career went after he got his big contract, it happens. But some of the behavior here towards him has been vindictive, and I seriously just don't get it. I don't get it at all.

Many of you attempted to state the reason Dak had a down year was him "forcing the ball to Dez" - well, that doesn't seem to be the case, now does it? If I was some of you, if you have a twitter, you should be heading over there and issuing an apology to Dez and telling him you know little to nothing about football.

Let go of whatever home life anger you're releasing on Dez. It's weird.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Dez would have made zero difference yesterday.
While he may not have been enough to overcome Mr. Inconsistency, saying he would have made zero difference is false. Dez will play this year and will look good somewhere. Meanwhile, we will still be stuck on stupid with Garrett, Linehan and Dak. Yeah.

Praxit

Reaction score
..I would be more embarrassed, if I was a so called Elite receiver tweeting from my sofa.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
..I would be more embarrassed, if I was a so called Elite receiver tweeting from my sofa.

Yeah, gosh, if only Dez was a forum troll making a little above minimum wage....

I'm sure he's very embarrassed turning down offers he got from a couple teams and still having a ton of money while watching his former team that placed blame on him get smacked around by a bad Carolina team. How can he live through this shame?

GenoT

Reaction score
Good luck getting a job with another team anytime soon, Dez...especially after loudly broadcasting to the rest of the NFL that you’re obviously nowhere near being mentally or emotionally removed from the Cowboys — the team that cut you almost 6 months ago, lol!

Everyone knows you’re not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but geez Louise...??!?

:huh::muttley::facepalm:

Praxit

Reaction score
Yeah, gosh, if only Dez was a forum troll making a little above minimum wage....

I'm sure he's very embarrassed turning down offers he got from a couple teams and still having a ton of money while watching his former team that placed blame on him get smacked around by a bad Carolina team. How can he live through this shame?
..Bad Carolina team? hahha.... That defense is top 7 and offense can fire on all cylinders.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
..Bad Carolina team? hahha.... That defense is top 7 and offense can fire on all cylinders.

Their offense is bad and missing pieces. Also, we couldn't put up points until the near final minutes of the game. "top 7 defense" or not, that's a product of our offense being inept, not the Carolina defense.

Dez is sitting back and laughing because without him, the offense still looks as lost and clueless as he was here. So, who you going to blame now? It clearly wasn't on Dez.

Again, go issue your apology to him and tell him you know nothing about football. It's becoming very clear most of this board talks out of emotion rather than logic.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This would be the Dez Bryant who still does not have a job in the NFL?

That's a relief. I thought the trolling might have been by someone important.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In his first football Sunday without an NFL team, Dez Bryant played the role of social media commentator.

The ex-Dallas Cowboys receiver spent the day on Twitter. When he wasn't suggesting he'd enjoy playing for the New England Patriots or Washington Commanders, Bryant spent most of the time commenting on the Cowboys, who struggled on offense Sunday.

In a Twitter rant during training camp, Bryant called offensive coordinator Scott Linehan garbage. Dez seemed to revel in the OC's struggles in Week 1.

The Cowboys offensive problems on Sunday underscored the lack of a playmaking receiver. With the game on the line, Dak Prescott was forced to target Deonte Thompson in a key spot. The WR could not hang on to the fourth-down pass.

Cole Beasley led the Cowboys with seven receptions for 73 yards on Sunday versus a very good Carolina Panthers defense. No other receiver had more than 27 yards.

The issues moving the ball through the air had many Cowboys fans thinking Dallas could have used Dez's services.

Bryant claimed he's now done talking about the Cowboys -- we'll see if that abstinence can last.

Bryant declined a contract from the Baltimore Ravens soon after his release. He's recently met with the Cleveland Browns, but was not signed. Now that veteran contracts aren't guaranteed, perhaps interest in Bryant will increase in the coming weeks.

Source here... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ls-cowboys-oc-linehan-during-loss-to-panthers

The ONLY combination that is worse than Jerry and Garrett is Linehan and Garrett.

jblaze2004

Reaction score

Dez Bryant

✔@DezBryant88
It’s kind of cool calling out all of the signals and knowing which route players are about run

6:27 PM - Sep 9, 2018

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ls-cowboys-oc-linehan-during-loss-to-panthers

this is exactly what I was saying when I was watching the game. Other than Dak missing the TE wide open down the field because of a broken play. Our offense lack creativity. We running the same stale playbook. I was looking at the cb's glued to our guys and almost running the WR routes for them. I said yesterday it looks like the other team knows our plays.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Everyone knows the OC and HC are the main reason for the struggles. They can’t game plan to help their players succeed. They just want guys to win head to head battles every play.
This times a million. Had Garret and Linehan coached the Eagles last year with their loaded talent, they would have missed the playoffs as soon as Wentz was out. No doubt about it. They would have shoehorned Foles into playing the exact same way with no adjustments.

A better coach can do a lot more with what we have on this roster

Jumbo075

Reaction score
As a recent player, I would HOPE Dez could call out the plays. If not, then it would say something bad about Dez. Him being able to call out the plays doesn't really mean anything detrimental to the Cowboys. Also, Dez didn't go on a rant. He made a couple of comments. I read his Twitter thread, and it was a long, long way from ranting. His comments were about the same as other former Cowboys' comments, so I'm not sure why that should be shocking to anyone. The Cowboys sucked yesterday. Don't need a Dez rant to know that.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Dez is an idiot. He should be trying to get a new job. The NFL is a business. You move team to team. It's not a good look when you crap all over a former team. That's different from game day trash talk.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
In his first football Sunday without an NFL team, Dez Bryant played the role of social media commentator.

The ex-Dallas Cowboys receiver spent the day on Twitter. When he wasn't suggesting he'd enjoy playing for the New England Patriots or Washington Commanders, Bryant spent most of the time commenting on the Cowboys, who struggled on offense Sunday.

In a Twitter rant during training camp, Bryant called offensive coordinator Scott Linehan garbage. Dez seemed to revel in the OC's struggles in Week 1.

The Cowboys offensive problems on Sunday underscored the lack of a playmaking receiver. With the game on the line, Dak Prescott was forced to target Deonte Thompson in a key spot. The WR could not hang on to the fourth-down pass.

Cole Beasley led the Cowboys with seven receptions for 73 yards on Sunday versus a very good Carolina Panthers defense. No other receiver had more than 27 yards.

The issues moving the ball through the air had many Cowboys fans thinking Dallas could have used Dez's services.

Bryant claimed he's now done talking about the Cowboys -- we'll see if that abstinence can last.

Bryant declined a contract from the Baltimore Ravens soon after his release. He's recently met with the Cleveland Browns, but was not signed. Now that veteran contracts aren't guaranteed, perhaps interest in Bryant will increase in the coming weeks.

Source here... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ls-cowboys-oc-linehan-during-loss-to-panthers

Good for Dez and yes we probably win with him and Bailey today

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This would be the Dez Bryant who still does not have a job in the NFL?

That's a relief. I thought the trolling might have been by someone important.

To be fair he is only trolling people who shouldn't still have a job in the NFL.

That said, he should just shut up.

(And no I didn't mean Dak... before someone brings that up).

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I don't know if the outcome would have been any different with Dez. The same play-calling would have been in place so maybe he catches the passes that went to Thompson and Hurns instead, but we still wouldn't have moved the ball any better than we did when we had him the last half of the season.

Now, I give Bailey a better chance of making that kick than Maher, but that would have just changed the result to 16-10. It's still a loss. I'd bring him back immediately, though, instead of a sticking with a kicker who can kick it farther but not as accurately.

Actually it was a 9-10 point swing. Instead of it going to be 10-3 we missed the FG and the Panthers had excellent field position which immediately turned into 6 more points. 16-0 right after the missed field goal. Momentum is huge on game days. Especially on the road.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Dez is dumb.

The end.

April 13th 2018. A beautiful beautiful day in history.