Twitter: Dez trolls Cowboys OC Linehan during loss to Panthers

Hardline

Reaction score
I guess if Dez was playing yesterday Dak could have easily thrown the ball at his feet also.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not true. He would of been a perfect scapegoat.

Agree 100%.......This front office, particularly Stephen Jones went out of there way to make Dez the PUBLIC scapegoat for 2017 season. The way they attacked him in the media is something I never thought I'd see from a Cowboy organization. Truth be told, the entire team 2017 hands were dirty......Jerry, Stephen, Garrett, both coor, OL, RB, TE. Look no further than who's no longer with the team, players AND coaches. Yet Stephen only talked about issues the team had with Dez and I'm not saying what he said wasn't true. Just the anyone could see Dez was just a fraction of a ton of problems.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Funny that Dez thinks all this talking is helping him get a job.

cern

Reaction score
Poor coaching to be sure but linehan got a check. Dez didn't. He's not helping himself.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Funny that Dez thinks all this talking is helping him get a job.

I think Dez knows he will get a job, talking or not. The only thing that will keep him from getting a job would be getting into legal trouble.

Eventually a team, at some point in the season, will become desperate enough to sign Dez especially if they feel they are playoff contenders.

Far worse players have been signed mid-season.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think Dez knows he will get a job, talking or not. The only thing that will keep him from getting a job would be getting into legal trouble.

Eventually a team, at some point in the season, will become desperate enough to sign Dez especially if they feel they are playoff contenders.

Far worse players have been signed mid-season.
Not only has his ability declined, that's not the whole story. He was a nightmare, always whining and having tantrums. It's well documented. Then add his on the field/sideline distractions and teams are just not going to want that mess. Still talking about the Cowboys at this point is beyond immature and pathetic. If a team is THAT desperate, I guess it's possible.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
The fact that Dez played here a year ago doesn’t absolve the issue that he’s calling out our plays before they happen. You don’t think defensive coordinators watched our film? That means we’re running the SAME STALE **** as last year which coordinators are very well aware of.

The last damn play of the game had all 4 WR’s run curl/come back routes.

Pitiful.

Losing to the giants next week may end the season and hopefully Garrett’s tenure

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't think he was criticizing the routes. He was criticizing the fact that he knew which routes we were going to run based on the formation. Linehan is just too predictable.

In all fairness, 95% of us on this board can tell what the plays are by looking at the formations also.

Like Aikman said, this is one of the most uncreative, basic offenses in the NFL. Opposing players have said the same thing for years also.

If you actually chart what plays we run out of which formations, the percentages are staggering.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So if Dallas comes out and puts 20+ points on NY on Sun and wins— does that mean Dez sux, Garrett is a great coach, Linehan a great OC, Dak a great QB etc...?

Of course not. So one bad game doesn’t mean much either. The team laid an absolute collective egg on the road in Denver last year— and rebounded. Lets see where we are at after week 4 before passing total judgment on the 2018 Cowboys.

Lots of football left to play. Are there reasons for concern? Yes. Are they insurmountable? Would not go that far... I want to see how this young team responds to that performance and all the media and fan backlash.

Would love to see them collectively make a statement game next week

The Giants did have the 2nd pick in the draft, so beating those scrubs is nothing to get a woody over...……you want to make a statement, beat Seattle in Seattle.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not only has his ability declined, that's not the whole story. He was a nightmare, always whining and having tantrums. It's well documented. Then add his on the field/sideline distractions and teams are just not going to want that mess. Still talking about the Cowboys at this point is beyond immature and pathetic. If a team is THAT desperate, I guess it's possible.

You can bring up any reason you want about disliking him, none of that matters. Dez and his agent know for a fact that a team will want to sign him, and mid-season, a team may be stupid enough to overpay.

Dez will be on a team and it might even be a contender - and all these reasons you dislike him and mocking him for being willfully unemployed will mean nothing then.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many catches did you have yesterday Dez?