Dez will have no choice as Stephen declares Check mate

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The walls are about to close in on Dez Bryant.

The Cowboys aren't paying him his current salary next year. He says he won't take a pay cut.

But free agency lingers on. The money is drying up. The draft is around the corner. Rosters are cementing around the league.

Whenever Dallas makes their counter offer, it will exceed what teams have to offer on the open market. It'll be "take it or leave it", and he'll either stay where he's comfortable for a LOT less money, or he'll leave in defiance and take an even lesser prove-it deal elsewhere.

A team out there might be about to get a really good receiver for very cheap. Green Bay? New Orleans? New England? Seattle? Philadelphia?

The biggest thing Dez has going against him right now is that I don't think the Cowboys really care if he's here or not.
Teams would make free agent dollars available. Or Dez would take a 1 year deal and re-enter the market next year as a 30 year old WR with a pedigree. He has no guaranteed money on his contract right now so he is essentially on a 1 year deal.

Also to assume that Dez has no leverage is silly. His leverage is your 2018 Dallas Cowboys number #1 WR Cole Hurns Terrance Brown!

But sure. Whatever you say.

The best outcome for all involved is an extension that guarantees Dez more money and provides cap relief for the team.

Verdict

Reaction score
The walls are about to close in on Dez Bryant.

The Cowboys aren't paying him his current salary next year. He says he won't take a pay cut.

But free agency lingers on. The money is drying up. The draft is around the corner. Rosters are cementing around the league.

Whenever Dallas makes their counter offer, it will exceed what teams have to offer on the open market. It'll be "take it or leave it", and he'll either stay where he's comfortable for a LOT less money, or he'll leave in defiance and take an even lesser prove-it deal elsewhere.

A team out there might be about to get a really good receiver for very cheap. Green Bay? New Orleans? New England? Seattle? Philadelphia?

The biggest thing Dez has going against him right now is that I don't think the Cowboys really care if he's here or not.

That post is spot on. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Good riddance Dez. I can count on one hand the amount of games you actually made an impact on.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No.. We want people posting. Not giving up posting rights.

Think of something else.

Avatar bets are a good alternative, unless you're dealing with a Rowdy who hasn't figured out how to change it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Teams have 574m left in cap space

/end thread

Sydla

Reaction score
That post is spot on. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

It's not shocking you'd go down the dumb rabbit hole on this.

For starters, the "money is not drying up". Plenty of teams still have more than enough cap space. So this idea that if Dez refuses any restructure and the Cowboys cut him, that he'll be sitting on a street corner with a dented can collecting change because teams don't have cap space is idiotic.

The Cowboys cut Dez and someone will pay him. So no, the Cowboys don't have leverage over him in the form of him being basically relegated to a 4th WR type money if he's suddenly a FA.

You guys are letting your visceral hatred and bitterness towards Dez make you guys say really dumb things.

Verdict

Reaction score
It will be by late May.

It's funny how the Dez Fan Bois refuse to even consider the possibility Dez is a goner. Lol. Hell anything can happen.

They are just so far in denial that we may have to hire a full time counselor here for the Fan Bois if Dez gets cut. The meltdown would be EPIC.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
it's my experience that people who say "bye, felicia" are typically pretty corny.
you making this random point says something too

tEY2jyd.gif

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score

For starters, the "money is not drying up". Plenty of teams still have more than enough cap space. So this idea that if Dez refuses any restructure and the Cowboys cut him, that he'll be sitting on a street corner with a dented can collecting change because teams don't have cap space is idiotic.

The Cowboys cut Dez and someone will pay him. So no, the Cowboys don't have leverage over him in the form of him being basically relegated to a 4th WR type money if he's suddenly a FA.

You guys are letting your visceral hatred and bitterness towards Dez make you guys say really dumb things.

It is SOP that as money dries up salaries go down. Also it takes more than one team to drive salaries up. The fewer teams that have cap the less competition there is to sign him.

That lowers his chances of making more money rather than less. To think otherwise is really counterintuitive.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The Dez Fan Boy Club is out in full force.

Can I get one of those cute DFBC bumper stickers?

phildadon86

Reaction score
It's funny how the Dez Fan Bois refuse to even consider the possibility Dez is a goner. Lol. Hell anything can happen.

They are just so far in denial that we may have to hire a full time counselor here for the Fan Bois if Dez gets cut. The meltdown would be EPIC.
I cant wait to see your meltdown when he is still on this team come the 2018 season opener

Verdict

Reaction score

What you guys don't get is that if Dez goes off and scores 20 TDs I'm going to be happy as hell and high fiving in the stands. That's a win for my team. It's a win for me as a fan.

If Dez gets cut I am going to also be high fiving because I think it's good for my team. Hindsight is 20/20. So I'm not going to lament it one way or the other if we cut him and he goes off.

If Dez takes a salary cut I can probably be ok with it as long as it is significant. That's reasonable team risk. $8 m per year I could stomach that .

It is obvious you put Fan love of Dez over the team. That's your right and I have no right to tell you otherwise. I just don't share that view. But that's what makes the world go around.

Sydla

Reaction score
It is SOP that as money dries up salaries go down. Also it takes more than one team to drive salaries up. The fewer teams that have cap the less competition there is to sign him.

That lowers his chances of making more money rather than less. To think otherwise is really counterintuitive.

The money isn't drying up. That's the point.

There are 22 teams with more than $10MM in cap space. If Dez hits the open market, there will be a market for him and he'll likely get himself a nice contract probably in the range of what Alshon Jeffrey just got from Philly, or worst case scenario, some $12MM or greater one year prove it deal.

Which is what he'd technically make in Dallas this year as his base salary is $12.5MM.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The money isn't drying up. That's the point.

There are 22 teams with more than $10MM in cap space. If Dez hits the open market, there will be a market for him and he'll likely get himself a nice contract probably in the range of what Alshon Jeffrey just got from Philly, or worst case scenario, some $12MM or greater one year prove it deal.

Which is what he'd technically make in Dallas this year as his base salary is $12.5MM.
Shhhhh don't use facts. Just let him stay on the team and then we can laugh all year at all of these guys.