1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Dez will have no choice as Stephen declares Check mate

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Ccijcladac

Ccijcladac Active Member

318 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Ah- man..ah- man ah- man..are u serious...let me not be negative...thanks for the tutorial on cement & if ur being sarcastic then ok I get it...not actually funny but I get ur bit...now on the fr-fr side of things u& everybody knows what I'm eluding to. The poster said "cementing" in regards to rosters be set on respective teams. I was saying that can't be because Roster spots are fluid positions & are never really set or finalized. They are in constant movement therefore prohibiting them from being "cemented" or "concreted" according to u& preciate the tutorial champ!

2. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

11,671 Messages
    12,484 Likes Received
    You cant count on one hand the amount of games he made an impact on in the last 2 years alone, let alone for his career. You must be getting old big fella.

3. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

41,125 Messages
    60,381 Likes Received
    Whenever you talk about Dez, you often say silly things. In this case, thinking I am some lover of Dez. Shoot, I've had other posters say I am a Dez hater when I argue that putting the blame all on Dak is a mistake,

I am just looking at this realistic, which I don't think you are, because you are blinded by this bitterness over him and want him cut.

Here's the reality. Dez will have a market if he's cut. Someone will pay him. Jeffery just signed a $52MM deal a few months ago. Watkins just got $16MM a year and he's done even less than Dez. Moncrief almost got $10MM for a season. So this logic by some of you to try to convince yourselves that Dez has no leverage here is bizarre. If Bryant and his agent don't want a restructure or pay cut, they are going to call the Cowboys bluff because they likely know they will find a good contract someplace else.

So really this isn't about the leverage or lack thereof Bryant and his agent have. It's simply about how well the Cowboys are bluffing here and if they really are serious about cutting him if he won't work with them.

4. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

9,212 Messages
    7,427 Likes Received
    You and x have pretty much melted down since last year about this topic.

You even claimed no other team would even sign him

Sydla likes this.
  5. MileyDancer

MileyDancer Benched

3,669 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    you know nothing about me, but ok.

6. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia! Zone Supporter

33,810 Messages
    19,683 Likes Received
    Verdict likes this.
  7. Bleu Star

33,810 Messages
    19,683 Likes Received
    It is my experience that the ppl who make it personal online have incredbly enormous internet biceps and spectacularly defined internet pecs.

No sweat dude.

MileyDancer likes this.
  8. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

4,314 Messages
    2,731 Likes Received
    I think you are most likely dead on the money here.

9. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

5,704 Messages
    7,229 Likes Received
    oh ok.

10. CPanther95

CPanther95 Zone Supporter

4,597 Messages
    6,808 Likes Received
    I'd wager there are very few teams out there who have seen the talents displayed by Dez Bryant, and have also witnessed Garrett's coaching acumen, that will assume that what we have seen recently from Dez represents anywhere near his maximum potential.

Bleedblue1111, Sydla and Jarv like this.
  11. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

11,981 Messages
    5,961 Likes Received
    Ravens would be one. NE might be another. Miami, NO, maybe LA Chargers

12. Bleu Star

33,810 Messages
    19,683 Likes Received
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,081 Messages
    70,442 Likes Received

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  14. Bleedblue1111

Bleedblue1111 Well-Known Member

1,553 Messages
    2,677 Likes Received
    I think I would prefer to keep Dez, if it means using the first round pick on a reciever. I would prefer that pick to be used for an impact defensive player, or offensive line.

conner01 likes this.
  15. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

21,106 Messages
    14,701 Likes Received
    We just have different points of view on the situation. Of course I'm right and you are wrong. Lol. (That's essentially what you were saying to me in your last post).

It's really all just conjecture by all of us but you carry on thinking you KNOW what is going to happen. If you know the future I would sure like to know what the winning numbers are going to be for the powerball. Thanks in advance. Verdict.

16. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

21,106 Messages
    14,701 Likes Received
    Isn't his post the irony of all ironies? lol

17. Bleu Star

33,810 Messages
    19,683 Likes Received
    I'd like that winning Powerball numbers too. Also, the last date before the apocalypse arrives.

Verdict likes this.
  18. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,795 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    Watkins contract is the starting point for Dez if he gets cut. We have 0 leverage in trying to make him take a pay cut when he will make even more as a fa

19. pansophy

pansophy Well-Known Member

2,419 Messages
    2,450 Likes Received
    You mean the two years that Dak was QB? It's not Dez that is the issue. That said, there is no reason to pay him if we can't get him the ball.

20. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Zone Supporter

9,405 Messages
    12,739 Likes Received
    If Dez isn't happy, he's going to be a problem. So, either pay the man or cut him.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.