Dez will have no choice as Stephen declares Check mate

Verdict

Reaction score
You mean the two years that Dak was QB? It's not Dez that is the issue. That said, there is no reason to pay him if we can't get him the ball.

You are absolutely correct. It is Dak's fault that Dez drops catchable balls, can't run a route and lets DBs get in his head.

Come to think of it Dak is also responsible for Dez buying a monkey, needing a full time babysitter and melting down on the sidelines. Why haven't we realized this before now. Heads need to roll!!!

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
out of control...i was sick of it months ago and now its worse..the guy had down year but doesn't serve this .. its easy for someone who isn't in his shoes to ask him to take a 5 million dollar pay cut , if your boss said hey i know you've been loyal hard working employee but your position isn't preforming as well as it used to but wed like you to saty at 50% less.. youd quit on the spot..i don't care if you were making 20 an hour and now they as you to take 11..thats what we are talking about.. i agree itd be nice if he agrees to tak an initial cut in base to say 7 mil instead of 12 and than add his Bonus money that 11 a year BUT he can earn it ALL back if he exceeds games played, and production at yards and TDs.. thats a win win for all but just saying he bad now and he should just bend over and take 4-5 is insane...thats not reality regardless if hes made millions already.. if hes cut he will make 6-7 somewhere else easy.. hes not as bad as someof you over reactionary knee jerk emotional fans responses are implying..hes better than Watkins, robinson, Thompson, and Hurns..he just is, now 16.5 good no but surely if Watkins get 16 thats stupid on KC part for over paying but it doesn't change what dez has done and even last year and 16 he BETTER than all those guys..period end of story..so Nelson got what 7 other 6-7 per.. thats what dez should look at as abase and we still owe about 4 in bonus..

Exactly!

You’d hear these fools talking about how they have to provide for their daughters, sons etc. Easy to talk about someone else’s pockets and work situation when it doesn’t involve you.

These couch potatoes wouldn’t take a cut. Dez shouldn’t either. Milk the cowboys dry. Jerry doesn’t care anyway he’s happy to be on the Forbes list

Verdict

Reaction score
Exactly!

You’d hear these fools talking about how they have to provide for their daughters, sons etc. Easy to talk about someone else’s pockets and work situation when it doesn’t involve you.

These couch potatoes wouldn’t take a cut. Dez shouldn’t either. Milk the cowboys dry. Jerry doesn’t care anyway he’s happy to be on the Forbes list

Pay attention! Here's a little feller who is all about the team!!! Lol

Verdict

Reaction score
You cant count on one hand the amount of games he made an impact on in the last 2 years alone, let alone for his career. You must be getting old big fella.

I think he is safe in counting the number of good games Dez has had in the last two years on one hand, even if he has unfortunately had all of his fingers on said hand amputated.

Verdict

Reaction score
Exactly!

If you were making $200,000 per year and your boss says hey I will pay you $100,000 per year or I can fire you, if you can't find another job paying more than $100,000 ----you are going to say "thanks boss" can I polish your shoes too? Thanks for keeping me around.

Affectionately yours Boss,

Dez

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Whenever you talk about Dez, you often say silly things. In this case, thinking I am some lover of Dez. Shoot, I've had other posters say I am a Dez hater when I argue that putting the blame all on Dak is a mistake,

I am just looking at this realistic, which I don't think you are, because you are blinded by this bitterness over him and want him cut.

Here's the reality. Dez will have a market if he's cut. Someone will pay him. Jeffery just signed a $52MM deal a few months ago. Watkins just got $16MM a year and he's done even less than Dez. Moncrief almost got $10MM for a season. So this logic by some of you to try to convince yourselves that Dez has no leverage here is bizarre. If Bryant and his agent don't want a restructure or pay cut, they are going to call the Cowboys bluff because they likely know they will find a good contract someplace else.

So really this isn't about the leverage or lack thereof Bryant and his agent have. It's simply about how well the Cowboys are bluffing here and if they really are serious about cutting him if he won't work with them.

:hammer::hammer: Saints or Rams will be first to call........they are desperate. This is why I've said in other threads, Cowboys would actually do him a fav with a release.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The walls are about to close in on Dez Bryant.

The Cowboys aren't paying him his current salary next year. He says he won't take a pay cut.

But free agency lingers on. The money is drying up. The draft is around the corner. Rosters are cementing around the league.

Whenever Dallas makes their counter offer, it will exceed what teams have to offer on the open market. It'll be "take it or leave it", and he'll either stay where he's comfortable for a LOT less money, or he'll leave in defiance and take an even lesser prove-it deal elsewhere.

A team out there might be about to get a really good receiver for very cheap. Green Bay? New Orleans? New England? Seattle? Philadelphia?

The biggest thing Dez has going against him right now is that I don't think the Cowboys really care if he's here or not.

I'm going to find a way to impersonate another team's GM and tell the agent for Dez to force the issue of getting cut by the Cowboys and "we'll" give him double.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As I have said before, for whatever reason Dez hate is PERSONAL with a few posters..........haven't see that toward a Cowboy player since Quincy Carter

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So many people so sure about things, like that David Irving was going to be picked up with that 2nd round tender idea...
That's gone over well so far.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I used to be a critic of Dez but now he’s stuck with a QB that isn’t going to get the most out of his ability and skill sets.

Maybe he would be better off somewhere with a more prolific passing QB.

I’m not sure any WR would be worth 12.5 million here? And I’m not sure that’s all Dez fault.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But I think we need an elite reciever. And I think Dez makes us a better offense helping open up other recievers.

It’s all about the money now but I bet if Romo or another QB similar to his passing ability was here Dez contract wouldn’t be as big of issue.

Again, I’m not sure that’s Dez fault .

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
The money isn't really dried up in free agency. The 9ers and Rams need a WR and have tons of space and the Packers have around $13.5M in cap space.

A lot of teams have space so it will be interesting to see what Dez and his people decide when Jerry approaches them about this pay cut.
Jets and Chicago would probably make a go at him also

Q_the_man

Reaction score
The walls are about to close in on Dez Bryant.

The Cowboys aren't paying him his current salary next year. He says he won't take a pay cut.

But free agency lingers on. The money is drying up. The draft is around the corner. Rosters are cementing around the league.

Whenever Dallas makes their counter offer, it will exceed what teams have to offer on the open market. It'll be "take it or leave it", and he'll either stay where he's comfortable for a LOT less money, or he'll leave in defiance and take an even lesser prove-it deal elsewhere.

A team out there might be about to get a really good receiver for very cheap. Green Bay? New Orleans? New England? Seattle? Philadelphia?

The biggest thing Dez has going against him right now is that I don't think the Cowboys really care if he's here or not.
Watkins got 3 years 48 mil, if you think Dez couldn't fetch that on the open market you're crazy.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
But I think we need an elite reciever. And I think Dez makes us a better offense helping open up other recievers.

It’s all about the money now but I bet if Romo or another QB similar to his passing ability was here Dez contract wouldn’t be as big of issue.

Again, I’m not sure that’s Dez fault .
Whatever. Romo couldn't get this team anywhere and, most likely, neither will Dak.
Focus on the D. The O couldn't carry this team, even with an overly competent QB.