Dez's importance on the field

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
I heard a lot of people saying we will be fine without him, lulz. HE is the best WR in the NFL when 100% healhty, he led the NFL in TD's last year but that is not what makes him the best. He draws the entire defenses attention, last year in the playoff games T-williams caught 2 TDS bc he had single coverage. Murray is going to come out firing, I wanna see Jerrahs face when Murray goes for 150 yards and 2 TDS. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FRANCHISE HIM?!!!! NOW WE ARE DOWN 2 ALL PROS, we should be SB favorites

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The x is the most important receiver in the Don Coryell offense. That has lightened a bit, but Dez was critical.

That said, it is a team game and Romo has won without Dez before.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I heard a lot of people saying we will be fine without him, lulz. HE is the best WR in the NFL when 100% healhty, he led the NFL in TD's last year but that is not what makes him the best. He draws the entire defenses attention, last year in the playoff games T-williams caught 2 TDS bc he had single coverage. Murray is going to come out firing, I wanna see Jerrahs face when Murray goes for 150 yards and 2 TDS. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FRANCHISE HIM?!!!! NOW WE ARE DOWN 2 ALL PROS, we should be SB favorites

I hate the fact Dallas lost Dez and his skills can't be replaced, few guys have that talent. Having said that the Cowboys still have some very good talent that they can overcome the loss. Are we better without Dez? of course not but this team can still go out and win.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

1. The salary cap is a real thing.
2. A team can only franchise one player.
3. You're welcome to root for Philly:)
4. We have lots of weapons
5. We'll be fine

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
1. The salary cap is a real thing.
2. A team can only franchise one player.
3. You're welcome to root for Philly:)
4. We have lots of weapons
5. We'll be fine

we Franchise Murrya and Signed DEZ. Instead we have a RB who cant break a tackle to save his life

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Well, it hurts to have , second tier guys at the skill positions of RB/WR. Both RB and WR are lacking elite skills...

But, we have Romo. Who can make WRS look good. And we have the OLINE. Who i think can make RBS look good, if they give those RBs a chance...

Are we as good as we were on offense last year? No.

But we can still win. The D will have to progress this year. I'm not so concerned about rankings. Just stop that drive in the 4th qrt, when the game is on the line. We need that kind of Defense. -- I have no problems with the D so far.......

that might change if SB puts up 35 on us...

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
Well, it hurts to have , second tier guys at the skill positions of RB/WR. Both RB and WR are lacking elite skills...

But, we have Romo. Who can make WRS look good. And we have the OLINE. Who i think can make RBS look good, if they give those RBs a chance...

Are we as good as we were on offense last year? No.

But we can still win. The D will have to progress this year. I'm not so concerned about rankings. Just stop that drive int he 4th qrt, when the game is on the line. We need that kind of Defense. -- I have no problems with the D so far.......

that might change if SB puts up 35 on us...

WE got manhandled by Philas D-line in the first game with evryone 100% healhty. If MAcky B Starts FLetcher COX is gonna live in the backfield

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
WE got manhandled by Philas D-line in the first game with evryone 100% healhty. If MAcky B Starts FLetcher COX is gonna live in the backfield

He will get help.

Im loving it, becuase I think were going to run the ball........ Joe Randle might put up 200!!!

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
we Franchise Murrya and Signed DEZ. Instead we have a RB who cant break a tackle to save his life

That does sound easy. You should work in an NFL front office. That's ingenious:) It's a shame you didn't suggest this to Jerry.

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
There is no way Free is a better player than Collins, MArtin should play RT and COLINS AT GUARD. I saw FREE GET PUshed 5 yards deep against the GIANTS

Deep_South

Reaction score
Every Cowboys fan in the country wants Dez out there Sunday, but it's just not to be. Lucky for us we have a bunch of other guys to throw the ball to, and we'll do that a lot against the Eagles. They have a good run defense, so we probably have to throw the ball well to win, and that's what we will do. (We'll still run the ball anyway, but maybe not 50-50) Tony has always liked to throw the ball to a bunch of different receivers, so not having Dez isn't going to have the impact many of the experts think, IMO.

If we can get more our of our running game against the Eagles than we have the past couple of years, it will help immensely.

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
Every Cowboys fan in the country wants Dez out there Sunday, but it's just not to be. Lucky for us we have a bunch of other guys to throw the ball to, and we'll do that a lot against the Eagles. They have a good run defense, so we probably have to throw the ball well to win, and that's what we will do. (We'll still run the ball anyway, but maybe not 50-50) Tony has always liked to throw the ball to a bunch of different receivers, so not having Dez isn't going to have the impact many of the experts think, IMO.

If we can get more our of our running game against the Eagles than we have the past couple of years, it will help immensely.

Witten is our only guy, Beasely fumbles and T-will cant get open some games

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Witten is our only guy, Beasely fumbles and T-will cant get open some games

Beasley fumbled last week and now he is constantly fumbler? lol I love Dez but what was the excuse for the easy dropped pass he had this past game that would have given us a fresh set of downs by the goal line? Dez was far from perfect in the last game. Losing Dez hurts but he is not the Dallas cowboys and he is not perfect

perrykemp

Reaction score
Beasley fumbled last week and now he is constantly fumbler? lol I love Dez but what was the excuse for the easy dropped pass he had this past game that would have given us a fresh set of downs by the goal line? Dez was far from perfect in the last game. Losing Dez hurts but he is not the Dallas cowboys and he is not perfect

Doomsday:

I love Beasley, however, his fumbling stats are among the worst in the entire NFL for WRs.

In 2014, he fumbled twice on 37 receptions = 1 fumble per 18.5 receptions

If you take last year and this year (just one 1 game obviously) he has 3 fumbles on 41 receptions = 1 fumble per 13.6 receptions.

Yes, it is a statistically small'ish sample size, however, it's not exactly surprising considering my his diminutive size. Laws of physics and all that.

If Beasley can't get that fumble rate down, it wish become a big issue.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

So the Cowboys should just not play and forfeit the game to the Eagles?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Doomsday:

I love Beasley, however, his fumbling stats are among the worst in the entire NFL for WRs.

In 2014, he fumbled twice on 37 receptions = 1 fumble per 18.5 receptions

If you take last year and this year (just one 1 game obviously) he has 3 fumbles on 41 receptions = 1 fumble per 13.6 receptions.

Yes, it is a statistically small'ish sample size, however, it's not exactly surprising considering my his diminutive size. Laws of physics and all that.

If Beasley can't get that fumble rate down, it wish become a big issue.

If you look at his career numbers it is 1 every 31 receptions. I'm not making an excuse for Cole, he needs to hold on to the ball. My point was Dez too made a costly mistake in the game and fact is he is paid a hell of a lot of money, my expectation of him are a lot greater than Cole. I hate that Dez is not able to play I do get tired of those who act as if Dez is the only talent on this team and the Cowboys now will not function as an offense without him.