Twitter: Did an Eagles staffer push Xavier Woods?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, not a huge deal but nobody should touch a player that is on the field except other players that were in on that play.
I agree, and hopefully the league fines him. It just seems like this is one of those things certain people will get all fired up about.

munkee

Reaction score
The trainer needs to be more careful, but no big deal. I'm sure the Eagles are dealing with this internally. I honestly hope the guy doesn't lose his job over it, as it appears his primary concern was the "injured" player.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, and hopefully the league fines him. It just seems like this is one of those things certain people will get all fired up about.
Honestly, I doubt anyone is really all that fired up about it. Not even Xavier after that moment. Its just a random item that fell across my twitter feed to spark discussion.

Since it was confirmed, then I think we can all agree the trainer should've kept his hands to himself, because had Xavier responded before the ref intervened, we'd be talking about something totally different.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
To be fair, had that been JG on the field slapping backside or clapping the internet would have exploded. Lol

Zordon

Reaction score
Honestly, I doubt anyone is really all that fired up about it. Not even Xavier after that moment. Its just a random item that fell across my twitter feed to spark discussion.

Since it was confirmed, then I think we can all agree the trainer should've kept his hands to himself, because had Xavier responded before the ref intervened, we'd be talking about something totally different.
It's not a big deal but you just know if this were Cowboys staff touching an Eagles player flags would be raining down from the heavens.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Woods is having a fit and makes contact with someone trying to do their job.

Grown up, this is what we call context. He's trying to get to an injured player and a much larger guy is screaming and swinging his arms

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It was really only antagonistic because Xavier was already heated about the flags thrown and the call made, which is why X was ready to go after him. Why even engage a player when they're like that? smh

The rule that applies to contact between players and officials needs to be used in circumstances where it's a staff member and player, or a staff member and an official.

You don't touch them. End of story. Random team staff members have no place putting their hands on a player or an official. Not just because they shouldn't, but because they could get seriously hurt if the player retaliates. Imagine some everyday Joe pushing his way through a nutjob like Bill Romanowski. Guy better be prepared to catch an *** whooping.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought so to but then watched xwalker's video. The staffer clearly pushes Woods.

I still don't think it's that big of a deal.

Would it have been a big deal if Xavier pushed the trainer? Just asking.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Woods is having a fit and makes contact with someone trying to do their job.

Grown up, this is what we call context. He's trying to get to an injured player and a much larger guy is screaming and swinging his arms

Should you be posting?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure exactly why he pushed him. I don't think the officials necessarily saw it, just the reaction afterward. Even if they saw it, the trainer was coming on the field to check on the receiver, so I could see why they would let it go as long as it didn't escalate into something more. It wasn't like the trainer ran out on the field for no reason, got in Woods' face and then double-hand shoved him. I think it was a smart non-call. And I think it would be smart of the league to reprimand him privately and let him know that he does not need to put his hands on the other team's players no matter what.
Was the receiver playing on the ground? Looks like he got up and was standing. No need for training staff to go onto the field unless that player isn't getting up.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Was the receiver playing on the ground? Looks like he got up and was standing. No need for training staff to go onto the field unless that player isn't getting up.

When the trainer started rushing out, Jeffrey was still on the ground. However, his teammate had started to help him up by the time the trainer reached Woods. I think it was a quick reaction thing: Big hit, the player doesn't immediately pop up and trainer rushes out to check on him.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Damn that was a nice catch by Byron. Wish he could catch a football like that. ;)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The worst part is not that the trainer touched Woods but that Woods would have received a penalty and possible ejection if he responded physically.