Did anyone listen to Whispers from the Star today?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I've said for years our scouts need an overhaul.

I think a little bit of it is ego. Pro personnel doesn't exactly have a stellar track record of poaching players from other teams. He's the one we've actually hit on recently, albeit he's a head case.

How can we adequately judge them when they are probably constantly getting overruled by Clowns #1 and #2 at the top?

plymkr

Reaction score
Thread incoming.

1. The entire organization had conflict last week because the scouting department wanted David Irving and Stephen did not.

2. Don't be surprised if Maurice Linguist and Al Harris are the first coaches scapegoated.

3. There is a lot of Nooch hype this week in the building.
I can see it now:
Scouting Department- "let's sign Irving, he's the talent we've been searching to get for 10 years".
Stephen- "we like our guys in Poe and Crawford ".
Scouting Department- "um Poe isn't on the team anymore and Crawford hasn't even made the stat sheet ".
Stephen- "we LIKE our guys, whoever they are".
Scouting Department- "well Irving can be a positive impact on the defense."
Stephen- "I don't think you understand, this is not a Cheerocracy, I am the Cheertator and I say we like OUR GUYS. Thank you".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

Plankton

Reaction score
I agree on not bringing David Irving back. The guy has been patently unreliable, and has had concussion issues on top of that. If you're looking to rebuild and establish a culture in the building, guys like Irving are the last ones that you would want to add to the mix, no matter how much talent he flashes. Let him become someone else's problem.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I agree on not bringing David Irving back. The guy has been patently unreliable, and has had concussion issues on top of that. If you're looking to rebuild and establish a culture in the building, guys like Irving are the last ones that you would want to add to the mix, no matter how much talent he flashes. Let him become someone else's problem.
Yeah, I agree.........when a player directly comes out and says they dont like football, that is a huge red flag for me.

Flamma

Reaction score
If he said he didn't like football, i hate to see how awesome he plays if he said he loved football. Maybe thats why he played with an attitude

I never took that to mean he didn't actually like playing the game. When you're on an actual team it's 90% crap and 10% fun. I only played two years of high school because I hated all of the drills and practices. I despised them. But I loved the games.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Didn't the guy openly say he doesn't like football?

Why does the organization obsess over stuff like this. Just move on. It's not like Irving has been the missing piece anywhere else. He is just a guy and he already failed here repeatedly. He seems like the last thing this roster needs.
So untrue, the guy impacts games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will keep a look in on the Raiders, see what impact he has there. Of course they have a much better defense because Rod has better players. And Chucky will not let Rod pound fists on the table to get the Joe Ivy's.
So Irving has better surrounding players to help him succeed. He may not have had the same impact here, if he has any impact at all there.

I wish they would have signed him though, but not losing any sleep over it. We never would have tried for Ankou though. :eek:

RS12

Reaction score
The scouting department were insistent that he's the talent they've been looking for for a decade on the interior and with focus, he'll be a difference maker inside.

Stephen vetoed that and said he's not going down that road again. But McClay and his guys tried HARD.
Isn't it great having two wanna be football guys with a death grip on your football team for a quarter century. Motto in the 60s was next year's team. Motto since the mid 90s, we'll gettem next year!

Rayman70

Reaction score
more like farts from the star by Stephen and Booger...ie..no news. They made their blockbuster deal a couple days ago lmao

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Thread incoming.

1. The entire organization had conflict last week because the scouting department wanted David Irving and Stephen did not.

2. Don't be surprised if Maurice Linguist and Al Harris are the first coaches scapegoated.

3. There is a lot of Nooch hype this week in the building.

If you’re not going to take this responsibility serious maybe it’s time for someone else to start doing it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Exactly. Where's that "Off the McClay bandwagon" thread?

At least Stephen showed some sense here.

Stak78

Reaction score
David Irving was the only talented defensive lineman the scouting department actually hit on so I’m sure they wanted him back. His talent is exactly what we need on the defensive line. That being said I would not have signed him back either. Character matters to the chemistry of a football team and the Cowboys have poisoned that well more than once already. I hope Randy Gregory works out but I would have given up on him long ago. Unless he works out to be a player it was a huge detriment to the team. In both setting a precedent of allowing certain behavior and not giving someone else more deserving a chance. Would Jimmy Johnson put up with that crap?