Did Brady and Gronk just prove Bill is human?

Winonesoon

Reaction score
We all for the most part have put Bill as the master of all coaches. Did Brady and Gronk just prove him to be mortal?

Or, Is the bigger story that Buck Defense and those two were just nice pieces to the puzzle?

If all that is true, did Aaron Rogers tell us that our coach is just a product of Talent and nothing special?

Speak up!

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We all for the most part have put Bill as the master of all coaches. Did Brady and gGronk just prove him to be mortal?

Or, Is the bigger story that Buck Defense and those two were just nice pieces to the puzzle?

If all that is true, did Arron Rogers tell us that our coach is just a product of Talent and nothing special?

Speak up!
There is a reason top players make more than top coaches

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
eh, no.

Bill took 6 teams to superbowl wins with players few can name.

Brady just went to win 1 superbowl with a STACKED team with tons of big talent.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
not even close. so many factors go into outcome that Brady going to an already talented team (who went out & acquired even more talent) and winning says nothing about Bill.

no doubt Brady raised the level of play around him moreso than any other FA QB they could have brought in but he learned about how the details matter from Bill not the other way round.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Fair debate, I guess we'll find out in future years if the Patriots don't rise. In fairness to Bill he did have the most players opt out this season so wasn't likely going to be a good year anyway.

I will say Brady allowed the Patriots to not have to invest a lot in top end offensive talent outside of slot receiver and TE. They also took some flyers on talented veterans like Moss and Dillion among others.

Flamma

Reaction score
We all for the most part have put Bill as the master of all coaches. Did Brady and Gronk just prove him to be mortal?

If all that is true, did Aaron Rogers tell us that our coach is just a product of Talent and nothing special?

Speak up!

Could be that Brady is just clutch. Or it could be that Drew Brees would have been to 8 or 9 SBs with Belichick. The only sure way to find out is if and when Belichick gets his mitts on another elite QB.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Belichick is 61-72 as a head coach without Brady, and only has 1 playoff win in the 8 seasons without him.

That’s a pretty large sample size.

Brady >>> Belichick

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Speak up!

You think it is worth mentioning all opt outs the Patriots had?

Or both starting tackles for the Chiefs were out?

Winonesoon

Reaction score
You think it is worth mentioning all opt outs the Patriots had?

Or both starting tackles for the Chiefs were out?
I learned that there are no excuses. If you do you are just whining at that point. "Next man up" has been burned into my skull. I get your point however.

CWR

Reaction score
BB is an awesome coach and TB is the goat. Talent > coaching. That said you need competent coaching.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I learned that there are no excuses. If you do you are just whining at that point. "Next man up" has been burned into my skull. I get your point however.

Well if it is troll thread then carry on :)

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Could be that Brady is just clutch. Or it could be that Drew Brees would have been to 8 or 9 SBs with Belichick. The only sure way to find out is if and when Belichick gets his mitts on another elite QB.

Clutch doesnt lose to Eli twice and some cast off eagles backup. And those patriots teams vs. the giants were some of the most talented and brady likely at his peak.

But youre correct, seeing Bill with another top tier QB is what will tell the tale.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Belichick is 61-72 as a head coach without Brady, and only has 1 playoff win in the 8 seasons without him.

That’s a pretty large sample size.

Brady >>> Belichick

You could put tom landry on the browns and he'd be 61-72 too. Thats not exactly a fair metric.