Did Davis get Penalty ala TO

Parnell

Reaction score
Just saw the highlight of Vernon Davis' TD, where he celebrated by taking a knee and doing a prayer. Did he get penalized?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
The rule explicitly states that the person can get on his knee to pray.

Nav22

Reaction score
i think he got penalized for taking off his helmet
Adrian Peterson took off his helmet after his TD Sunday vs. Green Bay... no flag.

JMech

Reaction score
Nav22;2412466 said:
Adrian Peterson took off his helmet after his TD Sunday vs. Green Bay... no flag.

That one shocked me because he took off the helmet clearly and no flag. What gives? Had it been a Cowboy, there would have been enough flags thrown to cover the endzone.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
JMech;2412479 said:
That one shocked me because he took off the helmet clearly and no flag. What gives? Had it been a Cowboy, there would have been enough flags thrown to cover the endzone.

Kind of like when Bradie James took his helmet off at the end of the Tampa game right in the middle of the field and got........

oh, thats right, he wasn't flagged at all.

superpunk

Reaction score
I think Peterson took his helmet off and THEN prayed.

So basically, it seems like you can do anything short of skull-****ing a hamster out there, and as long as you pray afterwards, the refs will keep the yellow laundry in their pocket.

kmp77

Reaction score
superpunk;2412539 said:
So basically, it seems like you can do anything short of skull-****ing a hamster out there, and as long as you pray afterwards, the refs will keep the yellow laundry in their pocket.

Now THAT would be an endzone celebration!! Go all out or don't even go. :laugh2:

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2412535 said:
Kind of like when Bradie James took his helmet off at the end of the Tampa game right in the middle of the field and got........

We got lucky that a Buc also took his helmet off and slammed it on to the turf.

Reaction score
superpunk;2412539 said:
I think Peterson took his helmet off and THEN prayed.

Why a hamster? Thats a small package.....

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2412535 said:

That was because the idot from TB not only took his helmet off, but threw it down field.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If Bradie had been penalized it wouldn't have mattered. It was after the play and would have been the Cowboys ball either way, they would have kneeled it just the same.

Peterson was out of bounds when he took his helmet off. That is legal isn't it?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2412416 said:
The rule explicitly states that the person can get on his knee to pray.

The rule actually doesn't state that, as far as I know. It's just something the refs have agreed not to penalize.