Did Denver Botch 9 with Surtain

visionary

Reaction score
The pickle GB is in though is they took a QB with their first last year. They want Rodgers to restructure and then cut ties in 1-2 years, he wants an extension so they cant dump him. If they extend him, theyre basically admitting Jourdan Love was a colossal mistake... which I think they're far too proud to do. If A-Rod doesn't get a guarantee hes a packer until he's 40, i think hes gone, and I dont think GB is in any position to give him that guarantee. They're idiots and they will pay for it. Jourdan Love isn't worth losing one of the greatest QBs who ever lived, I do believe he'll follow Brady into his 40's.

next year QB class is bad
If I’m GB I showcase Love in preseason in a favorable light abd then try to trade him to a QB beefy team in the off season and extend Rodgers

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Yes they blew it because justin fields was right there and i think he was the 2nd best qb this draft. But they saved us because i think pat surtain will just be a guy at the NFL level and he wasnt there for us to take. I like Joseph more than surtain
Davis Mills is the 2nd best QB in this draft, you'll see.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
How could any NFL front office be stupid enough to believe the Packers would even think about trading Rodgers? The Packers have all the leverage. Rodgers can fork over millions and retire or play in GB.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mods if this needs to be in the NFL that is fine I put it here since it affected our pic.

Very good talk with Sturm on the Ticket today about Denver’s pick. The conversation revolved around them being influenced by MAYBE getting Rodgers and skipping QB. Justin Fields was there and they have Drew Lock and Bridgewater. Even if Surtain is a 10 yr starter, if Fields is a stud then they missed out on 5 yrs of a young QB, at least, for a DB snd a hope of Rodgers. It may work out but that’s risky for a FO to work off hope of a deal.

Uh yeah, I'll take Surtain's chances of being a pro bowler over Justin Fields. Obviously Denver didn't believe in him or Mac Jones. Rodgers to Denver is a media driven rumor.

CapnB

Reaction score
If Justin Fields balls out for the Bears they will say they made a mistake unless Surtain part deux picks off 6 to 8 picks a year. And even then I'm not sure they would be forgiven. Their FO better hope JF bombs for the bears just to be safe

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The pickle GB is in though is they took a QB with their first last year. They want Rodgers to restructure and then cut ties in 1-2 years, he wants an extension so they cant dump him. If they extend him, theyre basically admitting Jourdan Love was a colossal mistake... which I think they're far too proud to do. If A-Rod doesn't get a guarantee hes a packer until he's 40, i think hes gone, and I dont think GB is in any position to give him that guarantee. They're idiots and they will pay for it. Jourdan Love isn't worth losing one of the greatest QBs who ever lived, I do believe he'll follow Brady into his 40's.

The Packers could also do with Love what the Patriots did with Jimmy Garoppolo a while back- trade him for picks and keep their aging starter a while longer.

The problem with this theory is Jimmy G played and won some games before being dealt to the 49ers while nobody knows what Jourdan Love is. The Packers are in deep, deep trouble unless Rodgers softens his stance.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
My Denver friends (and I have a lot of them) were upset they passed on Parsons, not a QB. One CB is only under contract for one more year, but they already have 2 good CBs.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The Packers could also do with Love what the Patriots did with Jimmy Garoppolo a while back- trade him for picks and keep their aging starter a while longer.

The problem with this theory is Jimmy G played and won some games before being dealt to the 49ers while nobody knows what Jourdan Love is. The Packers are in deep, deep trouble unless Rodgers softens his stance.

Yeah, a better comparison is Josh Rosen, who got the Cardinals a second round pick a year later. Problem is Rosen was a top 10 pick... Love may not even get a 2nd

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It was crazy Denver didn't select Fields there, but its ok I'm happy with Parsons and Joseph.

Surtain did feel like one of the safer picks and see him having a career where you plug him in for 10 years and makes a few pro bowls along the way.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Packers have all the leverage. Rodgers can fork over millions and retire or play in GB.

How so? There is no owner to give the final answer. It is a corporation with board of directors, shareholders, etc..

No matter who is at fault, when a 3 time MVP says he doesn't want to play for the FO all of the FO jobs are in danger. The fans \ shareholders will directly correlate AR with winning. He has skins on the wall. The others are replaceable.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I 100% believe they took him with the intention of trading for Rodgers. SF took their QB; they’re off the list. Denver will end up with him if he’s serious about bailing. Nobody botched this as bad as GB
Quite possible.
Maybe 30% chance AR ends up there, if I had to put a number on it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
They botched it

You never pass on a Franchise QB for any other position, especially corner
Absolutely. It's not a 100 percent that a QB drafted top 15 will turn out great but the potential of a franchise QB is above and beyond the most important thing.

Not only that no way Surtain was higher on their board than Fields. I actually think Fields could turn out to be the best QB in the draft but going to Chicago isn't a good place for QBs...... neither is the Jets or Jacksonville.

Denver has some really good pieces on both sides of the ball. Chicago failed Trubisky by not giving him weapons

T-RO

Reaction score
Even if they just grabbed Fields with the notion of trading him this offseason, that would have been massive value...more than Surtain.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Maybe they didn’t like fields
The odds are of all the QB taken this week one or two will be a starter in 4 years
The majority of QB’s are busts or nothing more than a decent backup
LOL - one or two will be starters in 4 years? I know 3 who are going to start Day One.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
BIG BOTCH.

Fields would’ve had them sniffing Mahomes booty funk every year in the AFC west

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
next year QB class is bad
If I’m GB I showcase Love in preseason in a favorable light abd then try to trade him to a QB beefy team in the off season and extend Rodgers
When it comes to the packers they know qbs.