News: Did Giants fail by drafting Kadarius Toney instead of Cowboys’ Micah Parsons

phildadon86

Reaction score
This was a league wide thing with Parsons. It wasn’t just the Cowboys.

We were told several teams had Xavier Collins and the Kentucky backer were rated higher.

This tells you all you need to know about what they knew about his edge rushing abilities. They were all clueless and viewed him as a inside backer.
Stop it. Just stop. The giants are morons for not drafting him. The fact he sat out for a year is why people passed and we got him. Stop trying to further your agenda for saying he was a horrible pick for the value because he’s in the running for DPOY now and you look silly. Watch the cotton bowl. Everyone knew about his pass rush abilities. And then after his combine? Lol you’re literally grasping at Straws yet again. Just say. I was wrong. Parsons is a beast it’s not hard. Generational talent. “Not good value”

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Honestly, this is a foolish question. They haven't played a season, Katarina been hurt ask year, and Parsons Nadu be defensive player of the year. That is like asking if those 4 teams that passed on Jordan made a mistake.

visionary

Reaction score
No question

Just ask yourself this: knowing what they know now, would the Giants do it again?

Heck no

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Everyone failed in front of our pick. He's that good.
No they didn't. EVERY DRAFT there is some player that goes 20 or late that ends up a HOF. You can't say every team blew it, because you never know.

Manster68

Reaction score
We will not know the answer for sure until we find out what New York will get from Chicago's 1st round pick.

It's Toney plus Chicago's pick.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's more of a Giants question than a Cowboys question. We have Parsons so what do we care if the Giants failed?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trick-question-roman-moronie.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Only reason Parsons was available to us at our pick was because he opted out. If he played last year and showed half of what he has now he would have been a top 4 pick

That was the best thing that happened for us. Teams knew going into this draft that it was going to be difficult because the tendency is to rate those who didn't play lower than those who did. Of course, there was some players who didn't opt out who hurt their draft stock. But with a player like Parsons, if he had played at Penn State like he has been for us (and they had moved him to end, like I've read they were planning to do), there's no way we would have gotten him.

khiladi

Reaction score
They failed miserably the day they hired Jason Garrett as OC, in part to “groom” Daniel Jones… They probably set Jones back years and by years, I mean about .0001 seconds after the Big Bang…

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Giants defense with Parsons would be really good. They could have also really used Slater.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Giants defense with Parsons would be really good. They could have also really used Slater.

They hit in the second round with the OLB/DE they picked. He and Parsons would have made a formidable pair.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
IMO the only thing that concerned me about Parsons was some of the off the field talk that made it out there. To be fair, when your drafting that high you don’t want to a kid who creates problems that stand in the way of the elite talent. But the kid was a top 5 talent. And that’s before anyone knew about the pass rushing ability. How freakish is his skill set ? The tools to be an All Pro backer and pass rusher. This is a talent you build around on defense.