News: Did Giants fail by drafting Kadarius Toney instead of Cowboys’ Micah Parsons

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Giants keep trying to build a house without laying a foundation first.

mardwin

Reaction score
their mindset is to give Daniel Jones every oppourtunity so they did by drafting offense

problem is Jones isnt a franchise qb

Jones would be performing at Dak Prescott level with th same supporting cast. Is not like Dak is an elite QB.

Jarntt

Reaction score
a lot of teams did, but the Giants got more than just Toney so not really a fair way to look at it

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Jones would be performing at Dak Prescott level with th same supporting cast. Is not like Dak is an elite QB.
Right. That’s why every single credible source has him in the MVP discussion.

Come on mardwin. Do better.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I recall losing my mind over not making the deal the Giants did. I knew it would be a top 10 pick and it will be.

People tried to argue that Chicago, who actually made the deal at 11, never even bothered to call the team holding the 10th pick....or if they did they offered less than the Giants got. What??

Of course I thought we were drafting an off the ball LB with maturity issues and questionable football instincts....but I wasn't overly upset because I don't believe in taking corners high.

Looking back on it Parsons is worth several top 10 picks so it worked out (and one of those 3rds was part it....Golston I want to say).

The guy I actually wanted was Ojulari, who is playing very well (man if we took him at 44 we would be in very nice shape on the edge) but Parsons is on his way to being a legendary player in this league.

And any "draft redo" is probably going to have him going to Jacksonville at 1.

If the pandemic was good in one single way it got us Parsons.

The question is.....does Jerry waste yet another HOF career?

stuckindc

Reaction score
Of course they did. And that’s why they’re the giants!

COWBOYS
It's not like we had some special plan to draft him..we did by default of Surtain and Horn being taken..some times it's better to be lucky than good

stuckindc

Reaction score
No they didn't. EVERY DRAFT there is some player that goes 20 or late that ends up a HOF. You can't say every team blew it, because you never know.
Great point..Randy Moss!..Warren Sapp..Dan Marino..Darell Green..in wantto say Ray Lewis..but he may not have been that low..but it happens all the time...Aaron Rodgers!!!!!.
Think SF would like to have that pick back..I could be wrong..but wasnt he the same year as Ware..we could have had Ware and rodgers..instead of Spears..I could be.off by a year though

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Great point..Randy Moss!..Warren Sapp..Dan Marino..Darell Green..in wantto say Ray Lewis..but he may not have been that low..but it happens all the time...Aaron Rodgers!!!!!.
Think SF would like to have that pick back..I could be wrong..but wasnt he the same year as Ware..we could have had Ware and rodgers..instead of Spears..I could be.off by a year though

You said it well. Look at all those teams that pass on hof players every single year, yet when cowboys get someone like parsons, people just can not give any credit to our front office, ever... so they say we lucked into him.

Ceedee last year....oh, we basically had no choice but to take him. it wasn’t by design because we didn’t think he would even be there.

What about diggs? We didn’t want him either right...... we actually turned his name in by mistake.

reddyuta

Reaction score
How many “ sure things,” you think we can start popping off that were busts? Tony mandarich sounds familiar?

Slater was one of my favorite players in the draft,its rare foe a technically sound guy like him to bust.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their goal was to get a WR in the 1st and PHL jumped them so they picked up some draft capital and took Toney. They're making a QB decision and he needed weapons to begin to make that assessment. He was a fall back but they're in pretty good shape in this draft. Right now, they have picks 6 and 7 and PHL has 8 and 9 in the top 10. PHL has an additional 1st rounder.

According to the son, if one of those two CB's had been there, Parsons isn't a Cowboy.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
The Cowboys have failed to draft some players including TJ Watt instead of Taco Charlton. That’s still painful for some here.
It does happen. But if I’m missing on a pick let’s hope it’s an end of round pick.
It's not like we had some special plan to draft him..we did by default of Surtain and Horn being taken..some times it's better to be lucky than good
They were smart enough no to pass

stuckindc

Reaction score
It does happen. But if I’m missing on a pick let’s hope it’s an end of round pick.

They were smart enough no to pass
100%!!!!..and so very glad they did..the best part ,he's still raw...may have to bring back Dennis Hopper..." Bad things man, bad things"

ultron

Reaction score
He had character issues only if you buy into this soy boy, sissy society we live in today. He didn't do anything many of your heroes in the past didn't do back when football was a man's sport.

There is nothing wrong with Micah's character.
I agree, I didn’t personally say he had character issues but the pundits labeled him as having character issues. Chill out.

ultron

Reaction score
The Eagles had no chance unless they traded up past the Cowboys at 10 or they wanted to burn bridges lying to us when they told the Cowboys they were taking an offensive player at 10 when the trade was made.
lol you think the Eagles wouldn’t lie to us… riiiight. They didn’t have to trade up past us - they traded with us for our 10th pick and he was still there at the 12th pick so what are you talking about? If they had to do it all over again do you think they’d take Parsons over Smith? Of course they would.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Their goal was to get a WR in the 1st and PHL jumped them so they picked up some draft capital and took Toney. They're making a QB decision and he needed weapons to begin to make that assessment. He was a fall back but they're in pretty good shape in this draft. Right now, they have picks 6 and 7 and PHL has 8 and 9 in the top 10. PHL has an additional 1st rounder.

According to the son, if one of those two CB's had been there, Parsons isn't a Cowboy.
but he is a Cowboy... cmon, say it.. I know you can... cmon.. say it? Jerry and the front office made a GREAT pick in the 1st rd of the last draft... cmon, say it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its not even a hindsight thing though. Who knew what Parsons would become but he at the very least was a solid linebacker prospect....you have Slayton and Sheperd with Engram...you gave Golladay BIG TIME money. On what planet did they need a receiver?