Twitter: Did Jerry show their board ranking last night?

tm1119

Reaction score
If they had Tyler smith ranked about Jermaine Johnson. That’s all I need to know about this front office

I believe he was saying they had Smith ranked above Zion and Green.

Which leads me to the question- Did they go into this draft with the concrete thought of drafting a guard at 24 and not reevaluate the situation with who else is on the board at other positions?
Pretty obvious to me that the answer is yes to both the 1st and 2nd round picks.

cowboyec

Reaction score
they get it right more than they do wrong when it comes to the draft.
for all we know...they and everyone else were right to lay off jermaine johnson.

Hardline

Reaction score
Jerry Jones would be better off getting rid of the scouts and buying a copy of Our Lads draft guide and following it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have been saying since the combine that Smith a higher ceiling then both Zion and Green. What I think lots of people take for granite is how intelligent Smith is as well. A 30 on the wonderlic reportedly. ... The Cowboys are a traits team over tape.

Nice fact to add about Smith.

Smith is one of those picks that gets better the more you know about him. The more you go beyond the tape. We have a lot of those picks over the years. We put the tape *in context*. Very young plus very smart should mean lots of upside going forward.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Nice fact to add about Smith.

Smith is one of those picks that gets better the more you know about him. The more you go beyond the tape. We have a lot of those picks over the years. We put the tape *in context*. Very young plus very smart should mean lots of upside going forward.
Skippy said yesterday that Alabama offered him big NIL money to transfer. The Cowboys will be running to the left this season. I noticed in the past they only ran right because of Connor.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
lol. cowboys fans love pearl clutching.
dallas has leaked its actual board like 5 times in the last 10 years.

team works hard to build that board and are proud of it.
the team has been a top 5 drafting team for a solid decade.
grown men in these threads love embarrassing themselves with whines year after year even when proven wrong.

bigE79

Reaction score
Please don’t say that about McClay. If McClay gets fired or if he quits, Jerry and son will totally destroy the team.
Team has been destroyed for the past 28ys my friend.

blueblood70

Reaction score
they get it right more than they do wrong when it comes to the draft.
for all we know...they and everyone else were right to lay off jermaine johnson.
wont be smith vs Johnson for future comps wil be this easy to see sometimes how GMs think

Most likely they wanted another player like one of the other wrs or OL once they were all gone they for sure wanted Smith say as 2nd round choice at 56 but knew and most agree the likelihood smiths gone by then so they reach a small bit and take Smith instead of JJ the pass rusher which then led to them taking Sam so now they still got their targets just in deferent spots yes both positions of need and both might be slight reaches but if it works out who cares where they got them.

In their minds ,its was better then losing all 3 OL targets to get JJ so they got the last OL target they truly coveted and got the pass rusher who wasn't far off on their grades ie JJ vs Williams.

this will be Sam Williams vs Johnson who was the best pass rusher because that's the choice they made to flip their picks could have had Johnson but lose Smith, so get smith go get Williams who was close 2nd to JJ..

cowboyec

Reaction score
wont be smith vs Johnson for future comps wil be this easy to see sometimes how GMs think

Most likely they wanted another player like one of the other wrs or OL once they were all gone they for sure wanted Smith say as 2nd round choice at 56 but knew and most agree the likelihood smiths gone by then so they reach a small bit and take Smith instead of JJ the pass rusher which then led to them taking Sam so now they still got their targets just in deferent spots yes both positions of need and both might be slight reaches but if it works out who cares where they got them.

In their minds ,its was better then losing all 3 OL targets to get JJ so they got the last OL target they truly coveted and got the pass rusher who wasn't far off on their grades ie JJ vs Williams.

this will be Sam Williams vs Johnson who was the best pass rusher because that's the choice they made to flip their picks could have had Johnson but lose Smith, so get smith go get Williams who was close 2nd to JJ..
agreed.
bottom line.
if smith and williams pan out...nobody will care who they didnt take.
except those who play a role on this board.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This dysfunctional ownership is embarrassing and why it’s difficult to take Dallas Cowboys football serious anymore.

Them

Reaction score
No big deal...Just having some fun..."Lighten Up Francis!"...