Did Philly pass Dallas as favorite to win the East

shabazz

Reaction score
Well given that no team has won the NFC East in consecutive years in forever, it's a good bet that the Eagles, and maybe the Giants, have passed us.

Also, Dallas is worse than every team in the NFC or AFC West, except for Seattle. And many other teams in other divisions.

It's not good

we would finish fifth in the NFC West out of four teams……

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Can I see the teams play for real before answering this question?

I seem to remember one off season, the entire NFL media group haven the Eagles the Lombardi because of the dream team.

If Davis can get conditioning and endurance up to NFL specs, he could be a real handful with Cox. Good thing the Cowboys want to be a passing team.
They do? Because right now they’d be awful at it

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Philly was already on the rise the second half of last season. While they were rising we were falling. On paper they’ve gotten better and we haven’t. We’re going have our hands full in the NFC East this season.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Put some money on it if you're so confident.

Post your ticket here as proof.
Jerry should take notes. Howie killed it on day 1 and he knows he had to because his seat is getting warm. See when you need to keep your job you do everything you can to do your job well. Howie did that. They struggled against the run so what does he do gives up a 4th rd pick to make sure he gets JD at 13.

He maybe did the most self aware thing ive ever seen a gm do. Howie knows he cant draft a wr to save his life so he got creative and traded 18 overall for a proven top 15 wr in the league.
Roseman just signed a new 3-year contract 2 or 3 months ago. He's not worried about his job.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
No, not even close.

92 to 47

Those are the combined scores of the Cowboys/Eagles games last season. This team is significantly better than the Eagles in every facet of the game.
LOL Did you forget that the Cowboy's 1st string played the Eagles practice squad in the 2nd game?

Flamma

Reaction score
With AJ Brown and Jordan Davis Philly got a lot more dangerous. Pairing Davis with Cox is going to be like Tampas defense.

Will Hurts move the ball just enough to win? Brown came from another run first offense and put up good numbers.

Right now it’s looking like a 8-9 season for Dallas if they can’t be assured of even beating Philly.

Philly has no QB. Any team that can stop their run game beats them. If they get a QB they'll be dangerous.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
With AJ Brown and Jordan Davis Philly got a lot more dangerous. Pairing Davis with Cox is going to be like Tampas defense.

Will Hurts move the ball just enough to win? Brown came from another run first offense and put up good numbers.

Right now it’s looking like a 8-9 season for Dallas if they can’t be assured of even beating Philly.
I have been saying this for a while, with 3 first round picks, they can do some damage in draft and they had plenty of cap room at the begining of FA....they have now their two WRs. their TE and they had a great running game, now they beefed up the defense and I am sure they will take some LBs, CBs in remainder of draft. the only surprise was they could have traded for Watson and didn't. that would truly set up for years to come. I already think we are going to come in at best 2nd in the division and in danger or not making the playoffs.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I really like Jordan Davis, but he also reminds me of a guy that’s too good to be true.

I can see the guy being in the shop for repairs a lot.

That said, I’d be thrilled to have him. Eagles got better with him.

I’m only meh with Brown.

JayFord

Reaction score
No

these teams in the NFC east are bad......

Dallas even with losing talent and not being active in free agency is still the best team in a division they dominated last year

Only team that will challenge us is the commanders and thats if their dline remembers who they are and Carson Wentz stays upright

Syron

Reaction score
LOL Did you forget that the Cowboy's 1st string played the Eagles practice squad in the 2nd game?
To be fair, some of our 1st string players played like practice squad players last year as well, lol.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Unless Hurts becomes something I personally do not think he can be, I don't see how. They got two good players yesterday, how does that change their entire trajectory?

We all have our own opinions, but I just don't see with two decent moves that they pass us.

Sydla

Reaction score
No

these teams in the NFC east are bad......

Dallas even with losing talent and not being active in free agency is still the best team in a division they dominated last year

Only team that will challenge us is the commanders and thats if their dline remembers who they are and Carson Wentz stays upright

The Eagles are the 2nd best team in the division. Frankly, I am not sure it's all that close.

They have more offensive talent than WFT. Their OL is one of the best in football. They can run the ball and now have arguably the best collection of pass catchers in the division. If Hurts is just average, the offense will be pretty good. Their one big issue on defense last year was pass rush and they added a great edge player in Reddick. If they can come away with a defensive back that can help in the next couple picks, they are clearly the biggest threat.

At this point, I can't trust Wentz at all.

Sydla

Reaction score
Gruden signed a 10 year contract. Trust me fans and talk radio have not been kind to howie and are pressin

If the Brown move backfires, that might be it. They are now tight against the cap. If Brown doesn't live up to the contract or he's wasted because Hurts just isn't the guy and they can't immediately find a QB to use Brown, the fans are gonna be loud.

Preoccupied

Reaction score

I'll get back to you in December on this one.

Techsass

Reaction score
I have no clue how well Tyler will play. Conner as our starting LG is a problem, so I definitely hope he's an upgrade.

I'm guessing we haven't fixed everything yet, but I don't think we're the dumpster fire some do.