Did the Cowboys’ Playoff Run Hurt the Future of the Franchise?

lk8701

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...future-jason-garrett-dak-prescott-jerry-jones

Rajveer

Reaction score
Nice article and thanks for posting. If we just get competent coaching on the offense side of the game, we have a chance to do something with it. We are not going far with Linehan calling the plays.

conner01

Reaction score
Had very little effect this year
Being really bad has its benefits in the draft
Since we don’t have a 1 it’s not that big a deal

Chrispierce

Reaction score
As opposed to what? To just sitting around rebuilding constantly for the sake of saving cap money,and hypothetical draft and team and staff scenarios for people and situations that in reality don’t play out anything at all like your paper mocks,and restructured office plans say it will? What a loser position this is,because we’d just be mulling around pointless 8 win seasons and just kinda stuck in the middle. I can’t believe this is the article Helman promoted on the show yesterday. What team have they been watching through the years? This isn’t NE ding dongs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
As opposed to what? To just sitting around rebuilding constantly for the sake of saving cap money,and hypothetical draft and team and staff scenarios for people and situations that in reality don’t play out anything at all like your paper mocks,and restructured office plans say it will? What a loser position this is,because we’d just be mulling around pointless 8 win seasons and just kinda stuck in the middle. I can’t believe this is the article Helman promoted on the show yesterday. What team have they been watching through the years? This isn’t NE ding dongs.
right LOL as opposed to complaining how we cant win and the downward spiral continues from 2016 to now..we would have sat for 8 weeks after the 3-5 start and instead of being pumped up with every win and then division win, a playoff win, and beating the SB champs twice..yes that sux so hard fan to have one of the last 8 teams standing in the playoffs..we all discussed this all year very few but there were some who hoped for us to fail and not win and get everyone cut and fired for draft picks that what?

so we get top draft pick or two, replace Garett with who would any of these moves been a lock for a superbowl win? most likely not the QB and HC we got to replace all these people would be the same or worse..

anyone who wishes their team to lose is not fan..

the Dallas Cowboys is sports Team, they play to entertain us and sometimes they make us happy sometimes sad but its game and its entertainment..their goal is to win and that means you pull for your team to win not lose, not tank..
I look around Texas mostly DFW the other sports teams combined cant touch what the Cowboys have done in the history they've been here..Rangers no rings, Mavs one ring, Stars one ring, and cowboys have 5..

Heck take it further out Texas on whole San Antonio is the only one that comes close or our equal, Astors have few , how many do Rockets have? other football teams ie Oilers and Texans NONE..
we maybe in drought but its hard to consistently win games and be relevant in any pro sports team let alone bring home championships..

Of course I miss the chance for the ring around here but our team doesnt suck and far from mediocre compared to other franchises all over..yea yea argue the bar here is set higher, doesnt matter we have chance nearly every year and thats something..

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I guess you are dismissing all the investment in the OL,

defense improving with high risk players like Jaylon and Gregory..

complete overhaul of the secondary producing an All Pro CB in Byron Jones..

just moving cap dollars around..

then maybe you have a point.

With past 8-8 teams it was a mess.

Those were Romo teams.

Under DAK we have won the East 2 out of 3 years.

That's a big change.

Give it time.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
right LOL as opposed to complaining how we cant win and the downward spiral continues from 2016 to now..we would have sat for 8 weeks after the 3-5 start and instead of being pumped up with every win and then division win, a playoff win, and beating the SB champs twice..yes that sux so hard fan to have one of the last 8 teams standing in the playoffs..we all discussed this all year very few but there were some who hoped for us to fail and not win and get everyone cut and fired for draft picks that what?

so we get top draft pick or two, replace Garett with who would any of these moves been a lock for a superbowl win? most likely not the QB and HC we got to replace all these people would be the same or worse..

anyone who wishes their team to lose is not fan..

the Dallas Cowboys is sports Team, they play to entertain us and sometimes they make us happy sometimes sad but its game and its entertainment..their goal is to win and that means you pull for your team to win not lose, not tank..
I look around Texas mostly DFW the other sports teams combined cant touch what the Cowboys have done in the history they've been here..Rangers no rings, Mavs one ring, Stars one ring, and cowboys have 5..

Heck take it further out Texas on whole San Antonio is the only one that comes close or our equal, Astors have few , how many do Rockets have? other football teams ie Oilers and Texans NONE..
we maybe in drought but its hard to consistently win games and be relevant in any pro sports team let alone bring home championships..

Of course I miss the chance for the ring around here but our team doesnt suck and far from mediocre compared to other franchises all over..yea yea argue the bar here is set higher, doesnt matter we have chance nearly every year and thats something..
There are a lot of younger fans that get all their info from the internet.

It has to be filtered alot.

Of course we had a great year.

Enjoy it.

I am.

They can go on and on with their agendas.

Don't bother me.

:dance:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I guess you are dismissing all the investment in the OL,

defense improving with high risk players like Jaylon and Gregory..

complete overhaul of the secondary producing an All Pro CB in Byron Jones..

just moving cap dollars around..

then maybe you have a point.

With past 8-8 teams it was a mess.

Those were Romo teams.

Under DAK we have won the East 2 out of 3 years.

That's a big change.

Give it time.
Are you for his article position or against it? Because I can’t undestand what your point is otherwise in regards to my post.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I think some are missing the point of the article, it’s not bad that they won because they won, it’s bad because 3 months ago Garrett was all but gone and now he’s going to be locked up into another extension with a 27 million dollar dink and dunk QB at the controls.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Are you for his article position or against it? Because I can’t undestand what your point is otherwise in regards to my post.
There are so many points being said..

I agree with some..

not others.

What is your overriding issue?

I would discuss that.

:D

GenoT

Reaction score
We’ve been to the divisional round 6 times in the 23 seasons since our last SB win (Feb ‘96) and we’re 0-6...with 3 of those losses coming on Garrett’s watch.

The lowering of the bar for the Dallas Cowboys continues...

Chrispierce

Reaction score
There are so many points being said..

I agree with some..

not others.

What is your overriding issue?

I would discuss that.

:D
Are you for the writers position or not? I’m not,and stated it as clearly as I can and will. I’m not interested in “hypothetical rebuilding scenarios” on paper,just so this same guy can tell me next year..”you suck,but you’re in good figure shape for the future.” Because that’s all this is.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It did not. But fan fiction is fun to read.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...future-jason-garrett-dak-prescott-jerry-jones

How many coaches and QBs has Jerry gone through since Aikman's last SB win?

Every year it's "tank" because Jerry will fire JG and draft a QB, as if THIS time Jerry will land the next Belichik/Brady combo. More likely he lands the next Dave Campo/Quincy Carter combo.

Take the wins when you can get them, because the odds Jerry & Stephen are going to build a dynasty are slim and none.