Video: Did the Cowboys do enough in offseason to get in Super Bowl position?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
if KM can use Dak to his strengths and let the game flow to our strengths, we ll go far.

streamline the roster and let it flow. we have a habit of forcing what we want, not using the roster to our advantage
KM and Dak need to have a really special bond this TC and pre season.
They need to be best friends forever,, what is that you millennials..BFF lol

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'd swear we have some fans who would rather see Garrett get fired than see the Cowboys win a Super Bowl with him as head coach. :muttley:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I'd swear we have some fans who would rather see Garrett get fired than see the Cowboys win a Super Bowl with him as head coach. :muttley:

one is possible, the other is fantasy. i leave the rest to you.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some have expressed that and it's that "lose to get better" mentality like tanking. I do get the frustration but not to the point of purposeful losing or enduring a bad season just to get a coaching change. Especially when I don't know who's up next if he is fired.

There is a certain amount of arrogance to him in pc's when he comes off as if he's not accountable or responsible for the results. I could never see Garrett doing what McVay did after the SB loss, "I got outcoached". He didn't use safety in numbers with "we" but put it all on himself and while that isn't all true, his fans and players and coaches can't help but admire his willingness to take the heat.

This is one of the problems I had with Romo. When asked what they're going to do about a problem, it was always "we've" got to get better at that.

Reaction score
The roster changes were pretty ho-hum after Quinn. There are holes, but the roster overall is pretty strong despite the quiet offseason.

The limiting factor is the head coach. Jason Garrett cannot take this team over the top. To take the ultimate last step to the Super Bowl, an upgrade is needed here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The roster changes were pretty ho-hum after Quinn. There are holes, but the roster overall is pretty strong despite the quiet offseason.

The limiting factor is the head coach. Jason Garrett cannot take this team over the top. To take the ultimate last step to the Super Bowl, an upgrade is needed here.

sean-payton-cowboys-icon-t.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He looks comfortable in that sweater, doesn't he?

Happy for sure!
:thumbup:

It's just one guy talking here, but I see entirely too many signs to ignore.

Barring a Garrett-led Super Bowl run, I think that's the next head coach of our favorite team.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Is Garrett still the HC? If the answer to that question is yes, the answer to the thread question is no.

Reaction score
Happy for sure!
:thumbup:

It's just one guy talking here, but I see entirely too many signs to ignore.

Barring a Garrett-led Super Bowl run, I think that's the next head coach of our favorite team.
I hope so.

The Dallas Cowboys fans deserve the best, including at HC. They had it with Tom Landry. They had it with Jimmy Johnson. Jerry gave it a go with Bill Parcells to get his stadium built.

All the other guys were nothing but second or third rate coaches who made Jerry comfortable. That's not good enough. America's Team deserves the best. And they should have it. Money is not a barrier. Jerry and his ego is however. It is very frustrating.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Are they actual bonehead decisions? Or just things fans second guess him and blame him for like the play call on 4th and 1 v the Rams last year?

If he gets to the Superbowl, he’s getting a five year extension. And deservedly so.
i agree if he can get them to the superbowl he will get his extension but we will see

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I define SB position as homefield throughout. So, do I think this team can get the best record in the NFC for that? No, I don't. I do not think the teams ahead of the Cowboys LA, NO and CHI declined and I have PHL right there with them. I am not confident the Cowboys have improved from the last half of 2018.

The one thing in the Cowboys quiver is that they play the other teams that they could possibly tie with at the end of the season and have the chance for the tiebreaker but they have to defeat most of those teams.

Now about that confidence in improvement, there are 3 areas, FA, draft and growing your own that affect that. The one area that could really be the hidden gem is the last one of the three in this, the return of a 100% Yosemite and the progress of Gallup and Williams on offense and Collins, A Woods, Vander Esch, J Smith, B Jones and X Woods. Rookie contribution is such an unknown as is FA with Quinn and Cobb but I liked both pickups.

And then there's the one we like to talk about so much, the QB. How will he do with a new QBC and OC? While it is still all about team, he must take a step up from where he was last season as this team is going to need to get the scoring average up at least 7 points a game which would put them at 28.2, still not at LA or NO level but within striking distance.

At this point, I think 8 of the 16 are possible SB contenders and I would bet I am wrong on at least 1 of the 8 already. That's the mystery about the season in the NFC that I really like. We know there will be disappointment and surprise teams, just not which will be which. And we've been both in the last 4 seasons.
Well, who gives a damn what you think. You’re consistent in your negativity about any and all Cowboys. Jeez, gimme me a break.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Any team can win a Superbowl with a little luck in the playoffs. That's been proven time and time again.

Time and time again? Yeah this is false. Most of the time, the teams who get to the Super Bowl are the top 2 seeds in each conference. The playoffs are hardly some crap shoot. Giants in 2007 and Steelers in 2005 were wild cards and won it all. If you are not a top seed in the NFL, your chances of making a deep run or winning it all is extremely low. This notion that the NFL is so unpredictable and anyone can win is just not true.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Well, who gives a damn what you think. You’re consistent in your negativity about any and all Cowboys. Jeez, gimme me a break.

You berate anyone who has anything but cherries and lolliops to say about this team. So in fact, your constant positive attitude year after year with absolutely no basis is the worst. You pride yourself on being some "Superfan" and love to trash anyone who isn't. This franchise has proven zero in over 20 years they know how to build a winner and have not even sniffed a Super Bowl yet every year you claim this year will be the year. Sorry if some of us are not naive to keep thinking that just because we root for them.

The fact any one can believe in a team ran by Jerry and has Jason has head coach is beyond me. I watch because I love the sport and Dallas is my team but until they actually get a real head coach, this team will go nowhere. We have completely wasted the rookie deals of Dak and Zeke. That is the time frame to actually build solid cores around them because they are so relatively cheap. All the other successful teams did this....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You berate anyone who has anything but cherries and lolliops to say about this team. So in fact, your constant positive attitude year after year with absolutely no basis is the worst. You pride yourself on being some "Superfan" and love to trash anyone who isn't. This franchise has proven zero in over 20 years they know how to build a winner and have not even sniffed a Super Bowl yet every year you claim this year will be the year. Sorry if some of us are not naive to keep thinking that just because we root for them.

The fact any one can believe in a team ran by Jerry and has Jason has head coach is beyond me. I watch because I love the sport and Dallas is my team but until they actually get a real head coach, this team will go nowhere. We have completely wasted the rookie deals of Dak and Zeke. That is the time frame to actually build solid cores around them because they are so relatively cheap. All the other successful teams did this....
No you’re wrong as usual. I only berate those who have a consistent history of hating on everything Cowboys. Wake up.