Did Titans give up run too early

cowboybish

Reaction score
Did the Titans give up run too early. There were times when he was stuffed but there were times when he ran for 12 and it looked liked Vrabel may have pulled a Garrett and given up the run too soon.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did the Titans give up run too early. There were times when he was stuffed but there were times when he ran for 12 and it looked liked Vrabel may have pulled a Garrett and given up the run too soon.

Henry had 19 carries. Thats not giving up on the run. When your behind 2 scores in the 4th, you have to throw more.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
When do you think they gave up on it? They were run-heavy in every drive through the 3rd quarter, at which point they went down two scores. I guess you could say they should have run more in the first drive of the 4th quarter, but it was one short drive.

Pape

Reaction score
That's the peril of a one dimensional offense ... If that dimension gets taken away, or limited so it's no longer effective, you are in trouble... Once Henry was taken away, the titans had no where else to turn...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the peril of a one dimensional offense ... If that dimension gets taken away, or limited so it's no longer effective, you are in trouble... Once Henry was taken away, the titans had no where else to turn...

Yeah, but after running through 2 better defenses, who would have thought KC was capable of holding him to 69 yards?

Pape

Reaction score
Yeah, but after running through 2 better defenses, who would have thought KC was capable of holding him to 69 yards?
Not me ... I thought he would roll up some numbers on the chiefs ... They routinely stacked the box with 6-8 guys to stop him... And why not? The tacks passing game isn't consistent enough to keep pace with the KC fast attack O

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not me ... I thought he would roll up some numbers on the chiefs ... They routinely stacked the box with 6-8 guys to stop him... And why not? The tacks passing game isn't consistent enough to keep pace with the KC fast attack O

Yep, I don't think SF can keep up either.

kskboys

Reaction score
Me. Not 69, but I won some bets that he'd have under 100.

KC's D front is nasty. Best D in the NFL over the last few weeks of the season. Chris Jones is beyond Beast.

Plus, I figured at some point KC would get a lead and TENN would have to pass.

KC did exactly what I thought. Hit/tackle Henry before he has a chance to get going. His relatively slow start was evident in this game.