Did we finally find a FB

Big D

Reaction score
We haven’t used a fullback in a long time. Even when we sign or trade for one they rarely leave the bench.
Exactly what i was thinking. It's one thing to have a fb on the roster and an entirely different thing to actually use him. We haven't utilized a FB since Parcells' regime.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
FB just arent valued as much in the NFL, but there is a place for them. Having a good one that can block and catch the occasional pass when the defense isn't expecting to have to cover them is underrated on 3rd down and inside the 10.

Being a run focused team we could probably use a decent FB.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I don’t care how good a FB might be if he’s not going to see the field. I don’t want one taking a roster spot for 2 plays per game. That’s a waste. We haven’t used acFB for a long time. Now if the current staff decides to include a FB in the game plan, then it’s fine. But don’t waste a spot for nothing. They’re too important to waste.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I like the fact they use him as an H-Back so he is used to moving across the formation and blocking guys also blocking guys like traditional FB. Dallas always try to make their TE that block OK to do FB job. This kid could be combo TE3/FB/H-Back

Kwyn

Reaction score

Hoping for the best. A good FB can help take a running game to the next level.

I believe there was a grand total of one fullback drafted across the league.

I’m not sure the game feels the same way you do about the position

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I believe there was a grand total of one fullback drafted across the league.

I’m not sure the game feels the same way you do about the position
Most teams have a good capable fullback and most of the consistent playoff teams have a very good one so

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This dude can do it all, and will do anything to make the team....he is the kind of guy that everyone will love, and hopefully take examples from.
This is true.

But he's also the kind of guy who will probably never play a snap in the NFL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You’re lost. Part of our red zone problems are not being able to line up and smash it in.
I'm lost because I realize that the Cowboys don't value the fullback position enough to invest a 5th rounder in it? You sure I'm the one lost here?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I'm lost because I realize that the Cowboys don't value the fullback position enough to invest a 5th rounder in it? You sure I'm the one lost here?
Cowboys don’t value nose tackle or safety either where has that gotten us. So basically your comparing yourself to Jerry Jones lol, got it.

SackMaster

Reaction score
The best FB in team history was only 6', and not fast, but was a load to get on the ground.
Yep.

All things equal, I take the short RB over the tall RB. I know that semi-controversial with Derrick Henry being considered the best RB in the NFL right now, but I like the little guy (height, not weight) who has a low center of gravity and manipulate the running lanes by hiding behind big O-Lines. I want LBs and DBs having to find the guy before they can attack.

But JMHO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys don’t value nose tackle or safety either where has that gotten us. So basically your comparing yourself to Jerry Jones lol, got it.
Are you slow? Or is it you just lack comprehension? I never ONCE said I didn't value full back or any position. All I said was the Cowboys don't value a fullback in the 5th round and you act as if I'm dropping some new knowledge to you. You know damn well the Cowboys don't value that position or anyone else in the league for that matter. Stop being a groupie.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Looks like his blocking improved since he left ASU. I remember him used more as a short yardage TB during his time there. He also moved back and forth between offense and defense.

Hardline

Reaction score
This is the kind of player you will see "feel good" stories on your local network sports news segment about.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Are you slow? Or is it you just lack comprehension? I never ONCE said I didn't value full back or any position. All I said was the Cowboys don't value a fullback in the 5th round and you act as if I'm dropping some new knowledge to you. You know damn well the Cowboys don't value that position or anyone else in the league for that matter. Stop being a groupie.
Groupies come to my threads