Did we finally find a FB

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You may want to watch the tape again...this guy is anything but “plodding”....I think he is a real find....reminds me of the old FB from the Niners Bill Ring....man, I hated that guy!!!
I am all in, bloke! I like retro football. Now, let us get the NFL to allow TWO footballs to divy up among 6 receivers and RBs!

Praxit

Reaction score
..does the NFL still use those? I haven't seen a FB in years. ;)..

AyeAtey

Reaction score
The game has really changed, passing is the now fancy.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is a base three receiver offense and they didn't even have a fullback last year (unless you count the three games they called Sewo Olonilua off the practice squad, and he only played special teams).

Ralston is an interesting player and I'll be rooting for him, but the practice squad looks like his best bet. But I'm no expert.

Well, their fullback opted out, so we don't know if they would have carried Olawale instead of McKeon.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think a fullback has just as much of a specialty role as a third tight end, but a good one brings more versatility to his role. He's able to lead block effectively with a shorter build that allows him to root out a linebacker. He can catch the ball and he can run it. Obviously, it is not an every-down position in today's NFL, but it still has a place, especially if the player can play special teams. On game days, he would take the place of the third running back on the active roster.

I don't know if Ralston is the player to do that, but I'm intrigued by him. McCarthy has shown that he's willing to use a fullback if he has a good one.