Did we win?

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
It's getting harder to tell when the Cowboys win, judging by the posts on this forum. And before all of the "realists" start their flaming ****, I'd like to remind them of this bit of "reality": When the game ended, what was the score?:rolleyes:

For the love of God, just enjoy the fact that the Cowboys won!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Wiki Dave Campo Head Coach chicken Little's and get back to me

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
needforspeed;2312165 said:
It's getting harder to tell when the Cowboys win, judging by the posts on this forum. And before all of the "realists" start their flaming ****, I'd like to remind them of this bit of "reality": When the game ended, what was the score?:rolleyes:

Yeah we won but we should have crushed the sorry Bengals. We were up 17-0 and let them back into the game due to stupid mistakes. THAT'S what drives us crazy!

Adam Jones drops a sure INT... again!. Crayton drops an easy pass... again! Romo throws a stupid INT... again! Romo fumbles the ball... again!

It is the stupid turnovers, dropped passes/INTs, dumb penalties, and missed tackles that drive us absolutely crazy! This team SHOULD be a lot better than this.

We won and I am VERY happy about that but we should be playing better than we are.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

So because we won should we over look the points thumper makes which are spot on IMO.

THUMPER;2312184 said:
Yeah we won but we should have crushed the sorry Bengals. We were up 17-0 and let them back into the game due to stupid mistakes. THAT'S what drives us crazy!

Adam Jones drops a sure INT... again!. Crayton drops an easy pass... again! Romo throws a stupid INT... again! Romo fumbles the ball... again!

It is the stupid turnovers, dropped passes/INTs, dumb penalties, and missed tackles that drive us absolutely crazy! This team SHOULD be a lot better than this.

We won and I am VERY happy about that but we should be playing better than we are.

QFT

:bow:

Trendnet

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2312190 said:
So because we won should we over look the pints thumper makes which are spot on IMO.

I'm just curious...

what is it that you can do about the flaws?

Yes, you, specifically.

What can you do to fix these flaws, considering your position. Not what you what you think should be done. But what can YOU do?

Anything other than complain?

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score

I don't think anyone is saying they aren't glad the Boys won. You're right; a win is a win.

But, the last two weeks have shown some glaring weaknesses on this team, i.e., the secondary can't cover WRs (no one around TJ when he scored ... twice), Romo isn't taking care of the ball (INTs in 8 straight games and a few fumbles mixed in), the defense seems to relax after getting a big lead and lets the other team make a decent come back.

It seemed like there wasn't a flow to the game yesterday. No rhythm at all. I'm not quite sure what it is. If they were on the road, I could probably understand it. But they were at home. I don't know if they are struggling to find their identity or what. After the first three games, there was no doubt about the type of team it was. But after these two, I'm wondering if they are forcing some issues instead of just playing the game.

I'm extremely happy they were able to pull it out. But I am concerned.

Reaction score

Did the Cubs win?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
THUMPER;2312184 said:

Problem many of us have is the people who start thread after thread about how much we suck when we just won a game.

Do those people want to make sure everyone is as miserable as they are?

Of course everyone would like us to be playing better right now ..... but as the Giants showed last year .... its not how you start .... its how you finish.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
zrinkill;2312205 said:
Problem many of us have is the people who start thread after thread about how much we suck when we just won a game.

Do those people want to make sure everyone is as miserable as they are?

Of course everyone would like us to be playing better right now ..... but as the Giants showed last year .... its not how you start .... its how you finish.

This team hasn't finished the last couple seasons. That's what concerns me.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2312209 said:
This team hasn't finished the last couple seasons. That's what concerns me.

Almost all the teams who have won Superbowls could have said the same thing.

out of 42 SB teams only 8 could say they finished the year before.

1968 Packers
1974 Dolphins
1976 Steelers
1980 Steelers
1990 49'rs
1994 Cowboys
1999 Broncos
2005 Patriots

So i really means nothing year to year.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
zrinkill;2312236 said:
Almost all the teams who have won Superbowls could have said the same thing.

out of 42 SB teams only 8 could say they finished the year before.

1968 Packers
1974 Dolphins
1976 Steelers
1980 Steelers
1990 49'rs
1994 Cowboys
1999 Broncos
2005 Patriots

So i really means nothing year to year.

I can agree with that. But, this is becoming a pattern.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Trendnet;2312198 said:
I'm just curious...

what is it that you can do about the flaws?

Yes, you, specifically.

What can you do to fix these flaws, considering your position. Not what you what you think should be done. But what can YOU do?

Anything other than complain?

What are you talking about?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Last year we peaked early.

We should be better. When this team gets things easy, they let up.

While it is frustrating that they let them back in the game, I think you see it a lot of times in the NFL. The Eagles did the same thing yesterday.

When we score a TD, the Defense seems to relax a bit.

It is a long season and we have a lot to get better on from the coaching staff to the players - and I mean the whole coaching staff from Wade on down.

I think with this team their problems are 90% mental and 10% physical - I don't know if that is good or not!

superpunk

Reaction score
We should have beat the Bengals 826-0. Marion barber should have rushed for 8,000 yards in a single game and Romo should have thrown 74 TDs. But this team has no killer instinct. They let bad teams hang around, and we nearly lost to the Bengals. You think I give a crap that when it was gut-check time our defense stepped up huge forcing a crucial turnover and our offense put the game away?

HELL NO!!!!!

I know that for the past 4 weeks I've been *****ing about us not forcing turnovers and not putting teams away, and I'm PERFECTLY aware that we forced a crucial turnover yesterday and then put a team away. But there is no way in hell you can keep me from *****ing about the fact that we did not set the NFL single-game scoring record against the Bengals.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2312241 said:
I can agree with that. But, this is becoming a pattern.

Its the same pattern the Giants were facing last year.

And the Colts the year before that.

And the Steelers the year before that.

Its hard to Win in this league.

And the winner of the Superbowl is almost never who the "experts" predict unless its in the middle of a dynasty like the 70's Steelers or the 90's Cowboys.

I understand this team has looked shaky the last 2 games ..... but still pulled out a win, which is what good teams do.

They have 2 1/2 months to get back on track ..... hopefully they do.

If not, some changes will be made.

Bogging this board down with negativity is not gonna change that .... just gonna turn fans against fans.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

No we lost. :laugh2: No doubt this team looked off and relied on the big play to pull this win off. In the end we won again and still need to show improvement. I would rather be in that 4-1 boat than sitting at 1-3 or 2-2 talking about improvements.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Man, I leave for the weekend and come back to Cry-Fest 2008! What's the deal folks??? We beat a team whose D-Coordinator is very familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of our team, so of course they were going to play us tough and of course Romo was going to turn the ball over at least once. It's ROMO!

Punks

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2312280 said:
Man, I leave for the weekend and come back to Cry-Fest 2008! What's the deal folks??? We beat a team whose D-Coordinator is very familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of our team, so of course they were going to play us tough and of course Romo was going to turn the ball over at least once. It's ROMO!

Punks

Hell we beat a team that took the Giants to overtime. Dallas was suppose to win and we did