Did you guys know Romo though 09-16 won 15 games?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Huh? Very little time? There was plenty of time.

They probably would have gotten the ball with at the most 4 minutes assuming the cowboys scored on the VERY next play and didn't take more time off the clock. Green Bay had one timeout left.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Like I said, take the average rankings of Romo's defenses and compare them to Dak's. You're being purposefully obtuse.
This is funny. Please tell me what average total team defensive rankings a QB who played 10 years in the league compared to one who has only played 4 years in the league is supposed to tell us that would make any relevant point when you use that data?

Do you believe because the 2012 and 2013 defenses were really bad that it diminishes the fact Romo had good defenses to start his career?

Maybe we need to take a deeper dive into these defenses and look at things me turnovers, sacks, defensive scores to get a better picture. I am not especially curious of how the first 4 years of each QBs careers started out. Not sure if I have time this coming week to review but a future project when I have a few minutes available.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
This is funny. Please tell me what average total team defensive rankings a QB who played 10 years in the league compared to one who has only played 4 years in the league is supposed to tell us that would make any relevant point when you use that data?

Do you believe because the 2012 and 2013 defenses were really bad that it diminishes the fact Romo had good defenses to start his career?

Maybe we need to take a deeper dive into these defenses and look at things me turnovers, sacks, defensive scores to get a better picture. I am not especially curious of how the first 4 years of each QBs careers started out. Not sure if I have time this coming week to review but a future project when I have a few minutes available.
dont waste you’re time because once you gave the answer the goal post are moved or rationalized

this saga of poor tony will never end it started before Dak and will live until some cowboys qb takes this team to a successful level like a championship run

successful enough to have something else to talk about and perhaps not even then.

The Double standard will live in infamy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They probably would have gotten the ball with at the most 4 minutes assuming the cowboys scored on the VERY next play and didn't take more time off the clock. Green Bay had one timeout left.
So wait. Four minutes wasn’t enough for Aaron Rodgers even though he’s needed only 20 seconds in the past? Why are y’all revising history?

Galian Beast

Reaction score

What it tells you is that year on year Romo didn't have teams around him that were conducive to winning yet still had this team in contention almost always.

He did not have good defenses to start his career either btw. You're grasping at straws because you know this eludes you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What it tells you is that year on year Romo didn't have teams around him that were conducive to winning yet still had this team in contention almost always.

He did not have good defenses to start his career either btw. You're grasping at straws because you know this eludes you.
I’m not buying the talent excuse for Romo but I definitely think he lacked proper coaching at a time in his career when he needed. He needed some elite level coaching and he had to fend for himself. I feel the same way about Dak.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Yeah, I am the one grasping at straws. Romo fanboys are insufferable. Romo’s defenses wee better at the start of his career than Dak’s has been. That’s for damn sure.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
By the looks of the list......seems like maybe Romo wasted some of Garrett's years too.
I ask this because Dak gets the credit for this teams lack of wins against playoff teams this year. But Dak had the same head coach as Garrett......yet....its Dak's fault?
It’s 2020 & we still have these bums talking about Romo. Lol your 3-4 years late my guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But he wasn't the starter until 2006. I don't know how much effect they could have in a guy's first year starting, especially with the coaches who followed.
You don't think Sean Payton and Parcells were developing Romo in 2003? They had to. He was too young to just be on the roster. Now I'm sure he wasn't getting reps with the first teamers but he got coaching.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You don't think Sean Payton and Parcells were developing Romo in 2003? They had to. He was too young to just be on the roster. Now I'm sure he wasn't getting reps with the first teamers but he got coaching.
A little yes, but he certainly wasn't getting their focus to the point that you'd think he had an advantage over any other QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A little yes, but he certainly wasn't getting their focus to the point that you'd think he had an advantage over any other QB.
But he did though. He came in 2006 ready to contribute. I guess its debatable to say maybe he was ready in 2003 but I don't feel that way. I feel the same way about Dak. I don't think he got great coaching here but I do think they put him in position to succeed when it was time to come into the game.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Yeah, I am the one grasping at straws. Romo fanboys are insufferable. Romo’s defenses wee better at the start of his career than Dak’s has been. That’s for damn sure.

Tony Romo defenses by year (points per game)

2006 - 20th
2007 - 13th
2008 - 20th
2009 - 2nd
2010 - 31st

Dak Prescott defenses by year (points per game)

2016 - 5th
2017 - 13th
2018 - 6th
2019 - 11th

Please convince yourself that an average 13.75 is better than an average 8.75 for their first 4 years. More importantly, Romo had 1 year with a very good defense in 5 years of his career whereas Dak has had very good defenses in half of his career. Looking forward Dak has never had a defense worse than 13th, which is the SECOND best Romo ever had in a similar time period. Three of his first five years Romo's defense was 20th or worse...

And let's get real, those defenses didn't get much better, certainly not consistently.

2011 - 16th
2012 - 24th
2013 - 26th
2014 - 15th

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Tony Romo defenses by year (points per game)

2006 - 20th
2007 - 13th
2008 - 20th
2009 - 2nd
2010 - 31st

Dak Prescott defenses by year (points per game)

2016 - 5th
2017 - 13th
2018 - 6th
2019 - 11th

Please convince yourself that an average 13.75 is better than an average 8.75 for their first 4 years. More importantly, Romo had 1 year with a very good defense in 5 years of his career whereas Dak has had very good defenses in half of his career. Looking forward Dak has never had a defense worse than 13th, which is the SECOND best Romo ever had in a similar time period. Three of his first five years Romo's defense was 20th or worse...

And let's get real, those defenses didn't get much better, certainly not consistently.

2011 - 16th
2012 - 24th
2013 - 26th
2014 - 15th
Averaging the ranking doesn’t mean squat m, dude. And I see you’ve thrown 2010 into the mix to get the 31st ranking in there. A year Romo missed most of the year. LOL.

I am going to go out in a limb and say you were a young fan back then and don’t recall those defenses. They were better than they are now.

Qcard

Reaction score
But he wasn't the starter until 2006. I don't know how much effect they could have in a guy's first year starting, especially with the coaches who followed.
Ehhh come on Bro...Sean Payton is the reason Romo
Averaging the ranking doesn’t mean squat m, dude. And I see you’ve thrown 2010 into the mix to get the 31st ranking in there. A year Romo missed most of the year. LOL.

I am going to go out in a limb and say you were a young fan back then and don’t recall those defenses. They were better than they are now.
Romo's HOF team is always good at that slight of the hand :facepalm::lmao2:

Good catch. He was a good season QB and below average Playoff QB. His teams records and success reflect so.