Did you see the last episode of M*A*S*H?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, my radio station sponsored a watch party at the largest bar in town and most of the people came in scrubs and we found out over half of them were actually medical people.

It was not as good as I expected or wanted because that was my favorite TV show of all time. I have the dvd collection and just watched all 11 seasons, without any laugh track, for about the 8th time.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Yep, my radio station sponsored a watch party at the largest bar in town and most of the people came in scrubs and we found out over half of them were actually medical people.

It was not as good as I expected or wanted because that was my favorite TV show of all time. I have the dvd collection and just watched all 11 seasons, without any laugh track, for about the 8th time.
While I was still a kid, I probably did watch it when it aired. My parents loved that show, and we only had one TV.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I was in college and we had a big party, found a sheet of plywood behind an adult movie theater and painted "M*A*S*H 4077th" on it and hung it outside our dorm room. Most everybody dressed as Hawkeye, Trapper or BJ, but I dressed as Father Mulcahy. Lots of beer and martinis, it was a good time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, M*A*S*H was a great sitcom. Tremendous writing and acting.
While they were using an ensemble cast, they did a great job of peeling back layers on some of the characters and I wish they'd done that for Frank as they did Charles. They did an excellent job with Margaret.

My favorite MASH story was when McLean Stevenson let his Golden Globe go to his head, he decided to leave MASH with two years left on his contract and evidently was quite vocal about having outgrown the production. Larry Gelbart rewarded him with how his character ended, which was not in the plans originally.

Passepartout

Reaction score
One of the best if not the best sitcom over in all time. Really was a little kid seeing it but could not see the end when it originally aired. But saw just bits and parts. Need to sit down to see it again. Was a nine year old girl when it originally aired. Oh when TV was really good at the time.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Yep, always loved hearing that music come on. It was the perfect way to set the tone for the show.  Taxi was the same way, for me.
You bet brother maybe it has to do with us being very young at that time...I don't know if our reactions would have been the same had we lived that time as mature adults

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You bet brother maybe it has to do with us being very young at that time...I don't know if our reactions would have been the same had we lived that time as mature adults
I was 18 or 19 when the show ended, so not all that young. But it ran for quite some time, so I was pretty young when it began.