Did you think there were bad calls/non-calls in the Super Bowl?

kevm3

Reaction score
It's clear as day they wanted to hand the game over to LA at the end. once the receiver dropped that pass in the endzone, they throw a holding flag a second later. It's obvious they were waiting to see if he was going to catch it before throwing a flag. Then they hit the Bengals with another penalty to move the ball to the one yard line. They gave the Bengals a free touchdown earlier to keep the game competitive, but when it really mattered, they made sure LA got the victory. LA is a star studded team in a massive market that they want to get going. LA, Aaron Donald and Matt Stafford winning along with Jalen Ramsey, Odell Beckham and Von Miller is a much better story since Joe Burrow is young and has plenty of time.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
That hold on 3rd down when the Rams were knocking on the door was clearly bogus BS, should have been a FG and going into overtime. That bad call then led to more penalties, bogus also, leading to a Rams TD. Reminds me of the no-interference call in the Rams-Saints game a few years back. LA has always been a basketball town, so the NFL needs the Rams to be successful to gain market share in LA.

LA is just not a football town, and odds are in 5-10 years both the Rams and Chargers will be looking for a new home. Chargers will probably move back to San Diego while the Rams wind up in Oakland. Mark my words.

This post makes no sense at all :

1) a FG would not tie since it was a 4 pt game

2) the Rams had a TD called back on a bogus O hold when they tackled Kupp and hit him in the face

3) grabbing a jersey because you are beat is s penalty

4) the most egregious call was Cincy WR grabbing Ramsey face mask and running by him and getting a TD

Dumbest fans

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Beyond any doubt? Lol. Michaels and Collinsworth called it ticky tack on the broadcast.

How do you call a game with virtually zero penalties— and then throw 3 in a row at the end of the game?!

Cmon. That is BS.
I disagree w/ Collinsworth and Michaels. Dude was holding Kupp while the ball was in the air. Textbook PI.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
It's clear as day they wanted to hand the game over to LA at the end. once the receiver dropped that pass in the endzone, they throw a holding flag a second later. It's obvious they were waiting to see if he was going to catch it before throwing a flag. Then they hit the Bengals with another penalty to move the ball to the one yard line. They gave the Bengals a free touchdown earlier to keep the game competitive, but when it really mattered, they made sure LA got the victory. LA is a star studded team in a massive market that they want to get going. LA, Aaron Donald and Matt Stafford winning along with Jalen Ramsey, Odell Beckham and Von Miller is a much better story since Joe Burrow is young and has plenty of time.

Dumb. Nothing more to say. So they wanted LA so bad that they gave Cincy a free TD?

kskboys

Reaction score

1) a FG would not tie since it was a 4 ot game

2) the Rams had a TD called back on a bogus O hold when they tackled Kupp and hit him in the face

4) the most egregious call was Cincy WR grabbing Ramsey face mask and running by him and getting a TD

Dumbest fans
I don't get how people didn't see the blatant jersey tug. Caused an incomplete. Maybe some just see what they want to see?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The game was fixed...just like every other game was fixed. If you believe this was the greatest playoffs ever....then I bet you still believe in Santa...and that Fort Knox still has gold.

Anyone who believes this game and other games in the NFL are fixed believes in Santa. I don’t know why some of you even bother to watch the games.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score

1) a FG would not tie since it was a 4 ot game

Dumbest fans
Your right, I've been drinking. But, other than the OT remark, I stand by the rest of my comment.

Thank you for correcting me, O Dumbest fan.

Last edited:

Redline360

Reaction score
I think overall it was a good game by the refs compared to what we have seen over the years. They missed a hold on the rams, block in the back on cincy, kupps td being called back on a ticky tacky hold.

The defensive hold on 3rd down was an atrocious call however in my opinion was a make up call for the blatantly missed offensive facemask that gifted cincy 7pts and momentum moving forward.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
:mad::confused::thumbdown:

kwcool619

Reaction score
That hold on 3rd down when the Rams were knocking on the door was clearly bogus BS. That bad call then led to more penalties, bogus also, leading to a Rams TD. Reminds me of the no-interference call in the Rams-Saints game a few years back. LA has always been a basketball town, so the NFL needs the Rams to be successful to gain market share in LA.

LA is just not a football town, and odds are in 5-10 years both the Rams and Chargers will be looking for a new home. Chargers will probably move back to San Diego while the Rams wind up in Oakland. Mark my words.

Being born and raised, and presently living in L.A.(and a lifetime Cowboys fan), I slightly disagree about L.A. not being a football town. Here, we have Rams, Chargers, USC, UCLA. Yeah, maybe the perceived overall football knowledge may not be good as Pittsburgh, New York, Dallas, New England, Chicago, Cleveland etc. I don't know if that is the point you are making.

Rams wind up in Oakland? Nah. Building SoFi took care of that. Oakland will forever be Raider territory. The Rams will not fit there.

I do agree that the Chargers will be back in San Diego in 20 years, especially if the Spanos family somehow, someway miraculously loses control or get bought out. Plus, San Diego needs a better, more modern Stadium. Qualcomm is a bit dated. Maybe the SD population will have a change of heart by then.

L.A. basketball. Lakers and Clippers. Not very good right now but I agree with you about being a basketball town.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Tee Higgins definitely got away with one. Grabbed Ramsey's facemask.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Beyond any doubt? Lol. Michaels and Collinsworth called it ticky tack on the broadcast.

How do you call a game with virtually zero penalties— and then throw 3 in a row at the end of the game?!

Cmon. That is BS.
nfl wanted rams to win that game.
chances are vegas made more money with rams win, but not beat spread, and under the 48.
they got that.
But actually rams losing would be the same except this looks better.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Tee Higgins definitely got away with one. Grabbed Ramsey's facemask.

that was very quick in real time and ref behind on sideline would not have seen it.
If you dont notice it at real speed as it happens, how do you expect refs to see it?

They show us replays in slow mo from different angles refs call it as it happens full speed.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
and yeah there were some ticky tak calls I did not like, but that is how nfl likes it.

why do you think they have the rule of no coach challenges in final 2 minutes ?????????
What is the reason for that other than to avoid replay challenges of the way they call last 2 mins.

plymkr

Reaction score
I just want to point out that this is the 2nd year in a row the Super Bowl was hosted and won by the same team. Prior to last year how many super bowl teams played in their own stadium? It was a great story for TB12 to play in his own stadium and Stafford resurrecting his career in the newly built SoFi stadium in the LA market. That's good storytelling right there. Great story lines for the NFL. Interesting how this happened 2 years in a row that the team that owns the stadium hosting the super bowl played and won the game. Again, how many times in nfl history has that happened prior to 2020.

RaZon

Reaction score
The game was fixed...just like every other game was fixed. If you believe this was the greatest playoffs ever....then I bet you still believe in Santa...and that Fort Knox still has gold.

If you think the NFL is fixed you are the one into Santa. Where in the hell did you get a ridiculous idea like that?

Do you know what gamblers losing $$$ because of fixed game would do?

Sheesh!

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
This isn't a "how dare my team get hozed" kind of post, but I did think there were some bad calls or missed calls in the game.

On that long TD pass the Bengals did, the WR clearly was guilty of a facemask just before he scored a touchdown. Then in the Rams final drive, there was a bogus holding call that extended the drive. I think it was on a third down, but I'll have to watch the game again to be sure. To me it looked like simply a great defensive play where the Cincy player reached around and batted the ball down.

Again, I'm not saying the Rams didn't deserve to win. The missed facemask clearly hurt them. I'm just curious of others agree with me that there was a non-called facemask and then later on a bogus holding call.
Yup there were some bad calls. The Refs ruined the game since one of those was at a critical moment.

Blackrain

Reaction score
This isn't a "how dare my team get hozed" kind of post, but I did think there were some bad calls or missed calls in the game.

On that long TD pass the Bengals did, the WR clearly was guilty of a facemask just before he scored a touchdown. Then in the Rams final drive, there was a bogus holding call that extended the drive. I think it was on a third down, but I'll have to watch the game again to be sure. To me it looked like simply a great defensive play where the Cincy player reached around and batted the ball down.

Again, I'm not saying the Rams didn't deserve to win. The missed facemask clearly hurt them. I'm just curious of others agree with me that there was a non-called facemask and then later on a bogus holding call.

I agree you are exactly right and everybody I was watching it with commented exactly the same.

The officials seem to stay out of this game for the most part .

It was a good game to watch moved along well without a lot of penalties until the Rams got down to the goal line then that bogus holding call pretty much gave them enough downs to get a touchdown.

The face mask and that holding call or both game changers