Differences In Animated Shows Or Films

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That looks terrible.
Perhaps but it will still likely be better than Justice League to me. :muttley:

DC Animation loves pushing out alternate timeline movies more than its traditional fare in my opinion. This one seems to continue the alternate Wonder Woman character, who has appeared in about a half dozen films (I think).

The movie looks like it will incorporate an origin story similar to her live action film, add a hefty dose of her rogues gallery, and re-RE-imagine her bond with Steve Trevor. The latest DCA offerings have gone around the map with Diana/Trevor. Either he's not in the picture when she and Superman are a thing, or he is completely out of the storyline, or there is a definite bond between the Princess and him.

DCA alternate timeline movie production is an established strategy for Warner Bros. They have had their share of hits and misses with the strategy and continuity sucks BIG time but I have found most of them entertaining. I really liked this alternate Wonder Woman in Justice League: War. She dealt her share of punishment on Darkseid in that one. :laugh:And I definitely think her uniform is a great re-design.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Perhaps but it will still likely be better than Justice League to me. :muttley:

DC Animation loves pushing out alternate timeline movies more than its traditional fare in my opinion. This one seems to continue the alternate Wonder Woman character, who has appeared in about a half dozen films (I think).

The movie looks like it will incorporate an origin story similar to her live action film, add a hefty dose of her rogues gallery, and re-RE-imagine her bond with Steve Trevor. The latest DCA offerings have gone around the map with Diana/Trevor. Either he's not in the picture when she and Superman are a thing, or he is completely out of the storyline, or there is a definite bond between the Princess and him.

DCA alternate timeline movie production is an established strategy for Warner Bros. They have had their share of hits and misses with the strategy and continuity sucks BIG time but I have found most of them entertaining. I really liked this alternate Wonder Woman in Justice League: War. She dealt her share of punishment on Darkseid in that one. :laugh:And I definitely think her uniform is a great re-design.
I've never seen an animated WW movie. I'm just going by the dialog and artwork I see in this trailer, and it looks like it geared toward 5th grade girls.....I agree about the costume though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never seen an animated WW movie. I'm just going by the dialog and artwork I see in this trailer, and it looks like it geared toward 5th grade girls.....I agree about the costume though.
"5th grade girls." :muttley:

I think DCA's artwork is first-rate in their movies. Not on the level of good or better Japanese anime artwork of course but clean, defined, smoothly transitional from frame to frame, and detailed.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"5th grade girls." :muttley:

I think DCA's artwork is first-rate in their movies. Not on the level of good or better Japanese anime artwork of course but clean, defined, smoothly transitional from frame to frame, and detailed.
I just hate that all the lines and angles are so sharp and defined. It gives it a 70s cartoon look, IMO.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just hate that all the lines and angles are so sharp and defined. It gives it a 70s cartoon look, IMO.
"70's cartoon look???"

With respect, NONE of DCA's line has poor and elementary artwork. I may find an old Super Friends (gag me with a spoon :rolleyes::p ) video and create a side-by-side gif clip with current stuff later for comparison. And if you still have the same opinion after watching it, so be it. We disagree.

Time for a car wash before it gets too hot outside. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"70's cartoon look???"

With respect, NONE of DCA's line has poor and elementary artwork. I may find an old Super Friends (gag me with a spoon :rolleyes::p ) video and create a side-by-side gif clip with current stuff later for comparison. And if you still have the same opinion after watching it, so be it. We disagree.

Time for a car wash before it gets too hot outside. :)
I wasn't comparing it to Super Friends, more like G Force, or something like that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pc3nwcx.gif

Visual side-by-side comparison of 1970's G-Force and 2019 Wonder Woman: Bloodlines artwork.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pc3nwcx.gif

Visual side-by-side comparison of 1970's G-Force and 2019 Wonder Woman: Bloodlines artwork.
See? Exactly the same! Lol. Okay, so WW is crisper and more HD. Maybe it's just the bright, vivid colors that I don't like, along with the overly angular lines.

quickccc

Reaction score

is the artwork and format any different than the Justice League animation series or movies ? This was WW's movie original amine movie 2009 film

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

is the artwork and format any different than the Justice League animation series or movies ? This was WW's movie original amine movie 2009 film

That actually has a more appealing look to me. It's not as bright and colorful.

quickccc

Reaction score
Loved G-Force as a kid!

Star Blazers was great too!

ditto here with G-Force. .though another name it was associated with as BATTLE OF THE PLANETS (luuuuv the intro and music theme !)

and especially since another one of my all time very favorite cartoon series SPEED RACER had the same artwork, format look.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The artwork is more defined than either in the Justice League or Justice League Unlimited series. The DCA movies are typically produced by the same artists, inkers, etc., so the artwork is basically the same.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing I enjoy about Japanese anime is its typical attention to detail. The original Fate/Zero is a favorite series of mine. It impressed me from jump. Here is a short bit of artwork from the opening sequence:

Q00ETA9.gif

Whether it be human, computer or mixture of both, I enjoy the dedication in showing light reflected in not just moving waves of water but also as the 'camera travels' across the surface of the bay before 'panning' upwards into the sky, filled with distinctly different shaped cloud cover. Gorgeous.

I wished my gif was sharper but I try not making them too large. This one was heavily compressed and sized down to 600 X 338 but was still just under 2.3 megabytes. Preferably I would get them to around 1 MB to save the site extra bandwidth.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One thing I enjoy about Japanese anime is its typical attention to detail. The original Fate/Zero is a favorite series of mine. It impressed me from jump. Here is a short bit of artwork from the opening sequence:

Q00ETA9.gif

Whether it be human, computer or mixture of both, I enjoy the dedication in showing light reflected in not just moving waves of water but also as the 'camera travels' across the surface of the bay before 'panning' upwards into the sky, filled with distinctly different shaped cloud cover. Gorgeous.

I wished my gif was sharper but I try not making them too large. This one was heavily compressed and sized down to 600 X 338 but was still just under 2.3 megabytes. Preferably I would get them to around 1 MB to save the site extra bandwidth.
Now that's beautiful animation!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that's beautiful animation!
The series contains a number of beautifully drawn backgrounds that complement its characters and situations. I highly recommend the show itself (and its first sequel) but caution anyone that it is very dependent on Japanese storytelling, which is sometimes intricate and does not always flow the way Western civilization outlines story plots.