Diggs is a shutdown corner

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by D4KADON, Dec 27, 2021.

1. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

10,484 Messages
    17,150 Likes Received
    I think he is more effective in true 1 on 1 situations. No S help.

2. terra

terra Well-Known Member

1,971 Messages
    2,076 Likes Received
    so how long you been Deion's PR rep?

RodeoJake and fivetwos like this.
  3. BoysfanfromCanada

BoysfanfromCanada Well-Known Member

2,753 Messages
    5,782 Likes Received
    I feel like he's a situational tackler. I've seen him get stops on some 3rd downs with runners coming at him. He picks and chooses when he feels like tackling but that's off set with his playmaking ability

4. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

6,671 Messages
    5,889 Likes Received
    Diggs is our best cb and I like him much better than Byron Jones and I need to keep in perspective it’s his second year and he’s going to get better

I don’t know that hes a shutdown corner just yet he gives up plays but I’ll take him. Hes the best we’ve had in sometime

5. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

15,378 Messages
    19,594 Likes Received
    All facts man.

I'm just impressed to be very honest.

I thought he was a clown when he first got into the league with Atlanta lol.

6. RodeoJake

RodeoJake Well-Known Member

3,265 Messages
    5,737 Likes Received
    I thought Prime was pure poetry in motion. He was a great CB, but the rules and physicality of WRs were very different in his day. Would he be a shutdown corner in this day and age? That's questionable.

7. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

27,226 Messages
    19,704 Likes Received
    that was on the Safety sorry, but he had the deep over and the S had the under the ball was short , WR stops the S was the one between the ball and wr ,he missed. diggs did not allow him to catch it over him, he was shielded from the ball..

he for sure is not credited for those yards..if so, thats ridiculous.

hes has 11 picks even more breakups and only given up 3 tds., shutdown, no, top 5 Pro Bowl CB, yes..be happy. ben long while since thr Copwboys had turnover machines all over the defense..sacks, FF, INts and just making plays so many short fields and tds of late im losing count..ball hawks front to back.. i rather have the risk reward guy then the BJ types.

8. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

9,487 Messages
    2,836 Likes Received
    Just a second year player. Add a little core strength and a bit more strength in the shoulder and neck area, (not weight, but strength) he will become more confident in his approach to tackles. He has the opportunity to be one of the greats. I don't mind his business decisions as Prime Time used to call them. Keep giving us additional possessions.

9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

13,752 Messages
    7,238 Likes Received
    So...I don't care for PFF grading formula, but they are good for raw stats. Pressures, Hurries allowed, Yards allowed, etc...

There is a possibility that some yards are attributed to the wrong player, but given how many yards we allowed early on, there is probably some truth to it

10. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

58,798 Messages
    22,971 Likes Received
    Since people don’t like the word shut down, let’s use the word risky. It’s risky throwing in Diggs’ way.

11. krimson

krimson Member

51 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    I agree he brings back Dion Sanders’ tackling flashbacks. Even when he does get in there to make a tackle he looks very odd.

12. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

14,734 Messages
    16,701 Likes Received
    According to Amari, at practice Diggs called out the routes WR was going to run before they ran it and Diggs got 9 out of 10 right. Cooper thought Diggs' instincts was his biggest asset.

Outlaw Heroes likes this.
  13. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

19,807 Messages
    14,223 Likes Received
    he has 11 INTs because he gambles so much,he anticaptes the routes they will run and sometimes he gets caught in no mans land.I am ok with this as long as he keeps the INTs coming.

14. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,995 Messages
    5,534 Likes Received
    only thing is Diggs has given up most yards than any other DB?....that is where they ding him....but would you rather have opportunistic corner like Diggs with 11 INT's...or a corner who gives up less yards

and defends pass but rarely gets INT.??...like the guy we let walk to Dolphins who got big pay day...he was from Conneticut..( i forget names easily )...plus Diggs believes ball is every bit as much his as receiver

the other DB would not turn around...Diggs thinks QB is throwing to him....i take Diggs over that other CB all day long

15. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,995 Messages
    5,534 Likes Received
    i would rather have Diggs than what is called shut down corner...because he has given up a lot of yards QB's will keep throwing at him and Diggs will continue to get INT...turnovers jacks up a defense

shut down corners usually dont have a lot ot INT's....give me Diggs over any other CB in NFL

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country likes this.
  16. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,995 Messages
    5,534 Likes Received
    can we just all agree that is SCARY?

Zman5 likes this.
  17. DUO_CORE

DUO_CORE Well-Known Member

1,143 Messages
    1,403 Likes Received
    I would have liked to see no safety help on the play where he got "beat deep".

18. Pacowboy1968

Pacowboy1968 Member

49 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I really could care less about the yards! I have been looking to see how many touchdowns he has given up, unfortunately I can't find that stat. How many has he given up vs how many has he returned for touchdowns (2 I think) plus the other turnovers. I'll take him any day

Doomsday101 likes this.
  19. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

17,328 Messages
    6,070 Likes Received
    I even saw JC Jackson getting worked by Diggs yesterday.

There is no shutdown corner.

Great cover corners? Yes. Tre is right there

20. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

10,858 Messages
    13,490 Likes Received
    Diggs gets an interception after giving up 85 yards on average. Ramsey gets an interception after giving up 127 yards on average. Which one would you choose?

Diggs electrifies his teammates and they start playing better because they don't want him to be the only guy out there making plays. Diggs is better for over all team success than Ramsey ever could be.