Diggs wasn’t really beat on the 75 yard touchdown

BHendri5

Reaction score
How many understood that on the patriots 75 yard td, that we were in man to man coverage?
Anyway whether you did or didn’t, Diggs wasn’t really beat, yes he bit on the double move
but he wasn’t beat , Just watched that play again, stopped it rewound it went frame by frame. Here’s my question anyone else noticed how fast Diggs closed down the receiver once he saw Jones release the ball he was about to pick another until he saw Kazee coming and he pulled up, if you don’t believe me go back and watch the play again, slow it down and you will see that he was about to pick that but slowed down when he thought Kazee was about to make a play on the ball, receiver or both.

JayFord

Reaction score
Diggs was fooled hard on that double move so even if it wasnt a touchdown it wouldve been a big gain even if the Safety does his job

it was a good move

Diggs is still a baller and still is having a great season so far

tyke1doe

Reaction score
How many understood that on the patriots 75 yard td, that we were in man to man coverage?
Anyway whether you did or didn’t, Diggs wasn’t really beat, yes he bit on the double move
but he wasn’t beat , Just watched that play again, stopped it rewound it went frame by frame. Here’s my question anyone else noticed how fast Diggs closed down the receiver once he saw Jones release the ball he was about to pick another until he saw Kazee coming and he pulled up, if you don’t believe me go back and watch the play again, slow it down and you will see that he was about to pick that but slowed down when he thought Kazee was about to make a play on the ball, receiver or both.

Yep! I noticed the same thing. He was right on the receiver's hip. And the ball was thrown behind the receiver, not in front of hiim. Diggs was about to get his second pick of the day.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He was playing the under, the ball went over. A great throw beats good coverage. If Kazee wasn't flagged for the big hit last game, he would have KO'd the receiver.

But if the QB would have lead the receiver across the field, instead of up the field, Diggs would have picked it off.

I wish Wilson was playing on that play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
yes it was on him, regardless if the safety is there are no his job was to cover that WR

Knotamus

Reaction score
Diggs was beat on that play.. no matter how it’s framed otherwise. He bit on the double move.. and in today’s NFL, one false step can have you beat.

That said... I have a few caveats to that play

Kazee was in the best position (facing the QB) and should have had the throw read to make a play. Which makes me believe it was a totally miscommunication on Diggs and Kazee’s part. It’s the only explanation for the blown coverage that both are responsible for. Ok, Diggs bites on the double move.. maybe that explains his error(or maybe he was baiting.. dosent matter)Yet, there’s no reason for Kazee to miss that badly, exp at that point in the game. I’d like to hear his reasoning, but I’m sure we wouldn’t get the truth.. as Diggs has already blamed himself to protect his teammate.. which I’m actually good with at the end of the day.

They’ll learn from that blown coverage imo and move on. Just don’t let it happen again

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
yes it was on him, regardless if the safety is there are no his job was to cover that WR

Disagree.. Diggs plays the entire thing knowing he has help from his safety. Very clear.

Even if he gets “beat” he’s knowing it’s not an issue because the safety should be sweeping anything in the area where the ball got caught.

He even let up on it as seen in the video.

If Kazee takes good angles nobody is talking about Diggs on this play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Disagree.. Diggs plays the entire thing knowing he has help from his safety. Very clear.

Even if he gets “beat” he’s knowing it’s not an issue because the safety should be sweeping anything in the area where the ball got caught.

You can disagree all you want that was his man, he knew it and said so himself. I'm not down on him but it was his man safety or no safety

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You can disagree all you want that was his man, he knew it and said so himself. I'm not down on him but it was his man safety or no safety

He’s not going to come on camera and say hey that was my teammates fault.

I’m right. All there is to it.

He played coverage the entire time like a guy who knows he has safety help would play it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He’s not going to come on camera and say hey that was my teammates fault.

I’m right. All there is to it.

You have the right to believe anything you want. He is in man coverage, safety help of not you don't pull up. So drop it, your opinion sorry not everyone agrees with your views. This expert act you put on is nauseating, get over yourself. You seem to be an expert and on everything, you are a fan with an opinion nothing more and nothing less

Zordon

Reaction score

Looks like he's in position to make the same pick he got in the Giants game. OP is right.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Exactly. Very clear.

The Diggs was fooled burned blah blah blah stuff is ridiculous and not the reality.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
but he wasn’t beat...

He bit on the double move then tried to undercut the throw. No need to pretend otherwise.

ShortRound

Reaction score

Yeah seems like Diggs thought he had help here, I hope he doesn’t make that mistake again

ultron

Reaction score
Whether it was 2 man under, or he was in a soft squat, hard flat, cloud flat, etc.. he got beat and Kazee was either trying to be a super hero or doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing and bit wayyy too hard on the first half of the double move (the out route)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This is exactly how I explained it yesterday. Do we not remember when he made the interception on the deep bomb when he was trailing the guy at first, caught up, and moved in position to catch it? That's exactly what happened. He didn't bite hard, he bit a tad, then turned around and was chasing the guy.

To me it looked like he was about to catch up, jump up and intercept the ball. Guy has amazing leaping ability for a 6'2 guy. However, Kazee was the X factor in all of this. He came over to help, and instead of making a play on the ball, knocking it down or anything, he over ran the ball and the player. The freakiest thing I've seen in a while. But if you want to believe that Diggs was burned, then believe it. And I truly hope teams see this play, and think that they can pull a double move on my guy Diggs and challenge him. Records will be broken in Diggs behalf.