Divisional Round Saturday Game Thread

MikeB80

Reaction score
Just curious... Why do you think a lot of Packers fans' hated McCarthy. Superbowl win and very successful.. Would they rather have Tony Dungy since he pretty much did the same thing with Manning. I think McCarthy is a bit conservative but he also developed some great talent. Also, Packers had a horrible GM in Thompson. I would take Jerry all-day over him.

reggie mckenzie and john dorsey were in those front offices also and they have a good track record of picking players.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm genuinely concerned about McCarthy.

Really hope I'm wrong but I just think he's going to be one of those old washed up head coaches. I was never impressed with him at the Packers.

I hardly ever agree with Skip Bayless but I do think that we needed a coach that would have lit a fire under the players. Got in their grill. Shouted at them. Juiced them up. Crucially earned their respect.

I take on board that coaching is about the play calling and all the tactics etc. Of course need to get that right.

But soooo mych about football is based on effort and intensity. Even having like 2% more in that regard can be the difference.

I just fear McCarthy will be another company man that in practice won't hold the players accountable or juice them up
What coach would that be? McCarthy is the most qualified free agent coach. I hear the talking heads pumping up the Urban legend. He quit on two college teams and never coached in the NFL before. What assistant coaches would he have picked. He would have been the gloss and glamour pick but he is not Jimmy.

Last edited:

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
reggie mckenzie and john dorsey were in those front offices also and they have a good track record of picking players.

I didn't think of that. However when a GM or owner wants a certain player. Doesn't matter what the "talent scouts" say. He gets his player.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Tannehill is 7 for 14 for 88 yards. Must be nice to be coached well enough that you could win TWO back-to-back playoff games not throwing for over 100 yards.

I guess the Titans defense AND offensive line are both underrated. I know Henry is, even though he leads the league in rushing. We like to think that Zeke is the most dominant back in the league. NOT! At least not with the Cowboys o-line and game plans.

Excellent post. A playoff game- on the road-against the #1 seed and your QB needed only 88 yards passing.

Why? Because the team came ready to play, played to it's strengths, and all 3 phases were buttoned up.

In 10 years: with multiple teams with equal talent to Tennessee's. Not one trip to the NFC Title game.

That's pathetic.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
If Tannehill ends up beating the Brady and the Patriots, the #1 seed Ravens AND Andy Reid and Mahomes (if they win tomorrow) on their way to a Superbowl in Miami, my goodness what sweet karma that would be for him....even though he may get there throwing for less than 300 yards TOTAL in all 3 playoff games. hahaha But wins are wins.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'm genuinely concerned about McCarthy.

Really hope I'm wrong but I just think he's going to be one of those old washed up head coaches. I was never impressed with him at the Packers.

I hardly ever agree with Skip Bayless but I do think that we needed a coach that would have lit a fire under the players. Got in their grill. Shouted at them. Juiced them up. Crucially earned their respect.

I take on board that coaching is about the play calling and all the tactics etc. Of course need to get that right.

But soooo mych about football is based on effort and intensity. Even having like 2% more in that regard can be the difference.

I just fear McCarthy will be another company man that in practice won't hold the players accountable or juice them up
Glad you got it all out at least seventh months in advance.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
DLAW was far from a proven player going into year 4 of his contract. He was injured a lot and had a 6 game suspension. Tagging him was smart. I still don't think we should have paid him.......when he pulled that "i'm not having shoulder surgery until I get my 100 million dollars" thing.

I agree. Jerry's answer should've been "Well you'd better plan on having a sore shoulder for a long time then."

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Brady has six rings. Who was the last running quarterback to win a Super Bowl?

Ummmmm....,Brady plays on a TEAM that has had great talent on both sides of the ball for many years. Moreover, he’s been coached by the best minds in the game...Don’t leave those critical factors out.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, Rodgers is a Diva but we all can agree the dude has skills and is one of the best in the league. I think defense ruined a lot of his chances but we can say that about a lot of teams.

I agree on all counts. But not just that, you have other teams with good players too. They also want to win. What's the Packers excuse in 2011? What does Rodgers need, an elite D? That 2010 D was very good. I just think Rodgers is a little bit over rated. Too much smoke gets blown up his butt.

Flamma

Reaction score
I bet there’s a lot of people sour about Lamar Jackson’s performance.

Yeah he did not play well at all. But the entire team looked flat. I think these bye weeks can have a negative affect on these teams. I think that was Jackson's first game in 3 weeks. Probably similar to a lot of the starters. Two at minimum.

You know what's sad? This is the first time I got to see Jackson play. I don't get Ravens games and have no interest in watching them anyway. I also missed that primetime game against the 49ers.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Add the Titans to the list of teams who have made it to the conference championship game in two different eras compared to when the Cowboys last made it in the 1995 season.

Titans
Patriots
Jets
Colts
Jaguars
Steelers
Broncos
Eagles
Giants
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Packers
Vikings
49ers
Rams
Seahawks
Cardinals

That's more than half of the league but it's sooooo hard for the Cowboys to do it. Jerry is a joke.

jchap

Reaction score
I'm unusually empathetic to Baltimore's flop because it feels very much like something the modern Cowboys would do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly. Jimmy benefitted on 2 drives starting in opposing teams territory today. With the defense and special teams giving him a short field. In comparison dak had 1 drive all season that started in the opposing teams territory. Lol but they dont wanna hear facts
Right. That’s insane. What a luxury it is to not have to go 80 plus yards every play.

Gameover

Reaction score
Excellent post. A playoff game- on the road-against the #1 seed and your QB needed only 88 yards passing.

Why? Because the team came ready to play, played to it's strengths, and all 3 phases were buttoned up.

In 10 years: with multiple teams with equal talent to Tennessee's. Not one trip to the NFC Title game.

That's pathetic.
Vranel > Garrett and Wade

For the Cowboys to not make it to a title game w the talent they had from 2007-2009, is an indictment on the entire organization.

Go look at the roster from those years on PFR. Depressing to look at all that wasted talent