Divisional Round Saturday Game Thread

SoBlue128

Reaction score
it really doesn't matter, could be been a great play with poor execution, problem is analytics dont take in to account the human element.

Not to mention weather conditions and the overall flow of the game that day

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Zeke doesn’t run as hard as Henry. He also doesn’t break as many long runs. Didn’t have one 40+ yard run this year.

This is sad because Zeke use to break runs. Now it looks like he left a lot of meat on the bone or would run out of bounds. The year before he would break runs. He only had 4 runs over 20 this year and zero over 40.

Crazy is Derrick Henry is one of those freaks of nature guys. He is 6'3 250 lbs. And has pretty good speed. 3 runs over 40 yards this year.He has 7 runs over 40 in his 4 year career. And he has a 99 yard run :eek:..

I hope zeke gets back to rookie year zeke.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
it really doesn't matter, could be been a great play with poor execution, problem is analytics dont take in to account the human element.

Actually, it does matter. Analytics aren't the end-all-be-all some make them out to be, but to completely laugh them off is equally ridiculous.

They are one factor to consider when making in-game decisions. Obviously, knowing your personnel is another.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
This is sad because Zeke use to break runs. Now it looks like he left a lot of meat on the bone or would run out of bounds. The year before he would break runs. He only had 4 runs over 20 this year and zero over 40.

Crazy is Derrick Henry is one of those freaks of nature guys. He is 6'3 250 lbs. And has pretty good speed. 3 runs over 40 yards this year.He has 7 runs over 40 in his 4 year career. And he has a 99 yard run :eek:..

Watched the game. Henry also had some nice at the line of scrimmage holes to get through. Zeke had those in his first year, not so much now with the D's knowing the cowboys
run patterns.... A trait of Garetts , I'll beat you man on man dream, that finally is over.

Interesting to listen to the commentators in the games , or later on Sirius NFL describe how motion was clearing space for receivers, how Vrabel devised a game plan to deal with the Ravens using analytics, and then remember Garretts stubborn " I don't need analytics comment"

To me what we had was a 2nd string coach, who was probably good philosophy wise, but in essence wasn't able to get away from his own tendencies.

Telling that no HC jobs are coming his way as I think the rest of the league sees him as book educated but not " game wise" enough

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agreed. I don't know the reason for it, but it'll be interesting to see if that tendency persists with our new HC or not.
what happened to Baltimore? maybe its because when you are #1 seed and the game 16 is a throw away so not many starters play, then a bye, and then you play a team coming hot off a big win with al the momentum, you somehow lost your edge..

o know its supposed to be an advantage especially team needing rest and get injured players healthy but in the past 5 years or so its not been as big of an advantage as its used to be

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Now that he's got all the money he could want GUARANTEED, it is highly unlikely. He hasn't shown the offseason dedication it takes to be the best.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Watched the game. Henry also had some nice at the line of scrimmage holes to get through. Zeke had those in his first year, not so much now with the D's knowing the cowboys
run patterns.... A trait of Garetts , I'll beat you man on man dream, that finally is over.

Interesting to listen to the commentators in the games , or later on Sirius NFL describe how motion was clearing space for receivers, how Vrabel devised a game plan to deal with the Ravens using analytics, and then remember Garretts stubborn " I don't need analytics comment"

To me what we had was a 2nd string coach, who was probably good philosophy wise, but in essence wasn't able to get away from his own tendencies.

Telling that no HC jobs are coming his way as I think the rest of the league sees him as book educated but not " game wise" enough
Tennessee and Dallas have two of the very best offensive lines.
Any RB running on those teams should put up nice numbers if given the carries.
But Henry just wears teams down on his own as well. Just a huge man.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
COACHING makes a huge difference in winning and losing games the titans coaches figured out how to defend Jackson and it worked now other teams will copy that in the nfl today coaching makes a huge difference in winning and losing

blueblood70

Reaction score
When you run the ball 8 straight times for a td thats what im talking about
its nice that there are coaching staffs that see momentum and just keep doing it vs ours at times last year got cute and went away from what was working. however in no way is that our players fault.. BTW they use 3 RBS very efficiently so thats great.

the flip side is the titans using one back efficiently...

The new staff better utilize Zeke and pollard much the same way next season, when they are hot ride them all game..we did this against the rams but it was few and far between as there were so many game where EE was hot the first half and they went pass happy the 2nd half.. as a matter a fact Zeke led the nfl with first half yardage..

this cant happen in 2020, you see how a solid run game can carry a team and take pressure of the QB..

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I guess Vrabel's process isn't as complicated as sweat we were subjected to for a decade ....

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Now that he's got all the money he could want GUARANTEED, it is highly unlikely. He hasn't shown the offseason dedication it takes to be the best.

I hope he do not chose to workout with Marshall Faulk in cabo this offseason again.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I hope it’s not too late to change the MVP. Henry is definitely deserving. Most dominating player in playoffs.

Jackson showed us with his fluttering passes that if you take his legs out from under him he’s reduced to a scrambling backup college type of QB that will flame out in this league.

Your negativity towards Jackson is no secret, but I think the larger negative in Baltimore's game last night was their OL. Their OL did not hold up well against the Titans.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Tennessee and Dallas have two of the very best offensive lines.
Any RB running on those teams should put up nice numbers if given the carries.
But Henry just wears teams down on his own as well. Just a huge man.

The Cowboys run blocking wasn't close to being at the top of the NFL this season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your negativity towards Jackson is no secret, but I think the larger negative in Baltimore's game last night was their OL. Their OL did not hold up well against the Titans.
My criticism of Jackson is his lack of prolific passing skills and dependance on running which will flame out one his legs are taken out. Then what do you have?

I see him as more of a flash in the pan. It will fizzle out sooner rather than later.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
My criticism of Jackson is his lack of prolific passing skills and dependance on running which will flame out one his legs are taken out. Then what do you have?

I see him as more of a flash in the pan. It will fizzle out sooner rather than later.

If you could get past Jackson for a moment, your criticism of him was not my point. The Raven's OL was a bigger problem than your issues with Jackson. They allowed too much pressure to get to Jackson, plus they totally folded twice when the Ravens went for it on 4th and 1. The OL didn't play well.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you could get past Jackson for a moment, your criticism of him was not my point. The Raven's OL was a bigger problem than your issues with Jackson. They allowed too much pressure to get to Jackson, plus they totally folded twice when the Ravens went for it on 4th and 1. The OL didn't play well.
How did you like Jackson’s performance . He threw some beautiful fluttering ducks. Lol

Buzzbait

Reaction score
How did you like Jackson’s performance . He threw some beautiful fluttering ducks. Lol

Are you wearing blinders? You've totally missed the point twice now. I saw the stupid ducks, did you see the OL's poor play? If his OL had played better, that game could've easily went the other way.

CWR

Reaction score
Holy crap. If Houston chokes away this game I will have a field day lol.