DLaw at Captains workouts

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Tells me he's either confident the long-term deal will work out OR he has no problem playing on the tag ( $20.5M, why would he). Either way, it's good news..... he needs to understand until his signature is on the dotted line of a long-term deal, attitude is everything. LOL....like they say about a flat tire, a bad one won't get you far.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Maybe the shoulder issue is more minor than some thought. Which wouldn't be good considering many are hopeful that was why he disappeared for the second half of the season.
Even if minor or no injury at all,it's not smart for him to be doing anything without signing the tag.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Demand a trade and you could end up in Buffalo. He'd better love cold weather.
TBH, I would love to trade him for the 9th pick. Give me Ed Oliver on a rookie deal and the flexibility to get Jones, Smith and perhaps Awuzie signed long term.

The analytics are trending back to coverage > pressures with the exception being interior disruptions like Fletcher Cox. Off ball linebackers especially those that can cover are worth more than historical. We have two excellent ones and should try to keep them. Lawrence is very good but he is not Von Miller or Watt.

There is a reason the Chiefs were horrible on defense despite having 3 elite pass rushers, even playing opposite the best offense in the league. Coverage lb and safety is more important than beating New England or New Orleans. Those weaknesses on New England is how KC scores 32 in the second half.

dogberry

Reaction score
If Lawrence has his surgery in July, how much of the season will he miss?

SSoup

Reaction score
Tank continues to do everything "the right way" no surprise here
Considering he is playing games with his health with that surgery he's delaying, I'm sure he knows he has to show up and look healthy to not have it held against him. There's a benefit in it for him showing up, so it's not like he's being a selfless leader by helping himself.

But it's obviously good that he's not being hyper-combative.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Demand a trade and you could end up in Buffalo. He'd better love cold weather.
He could come out and demand a trade tomorrow and neither Jones would have the proper common sense to move him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Showing up for a meaningless workout doesn't mean a thing if he doesn't get his shoulder fixed. It takes time and plenty of it to recover from a torn labrum. Use a little common sense, Demarcus!

It wouldn't be a good thing if he got his contract and couldn't honor it when the time comes to do so. The smart thing to do is to get healthy first to make your contract valid and worth the millions you know you're going to get.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe I’m slow but.... what is captains workout.

It sounds to me like it's a workout for the leaders -- something to kick off the workout season (so the rest of the team will follow suit.)

With a torn labrum in his shoulder, I'm assuming Demarcus will be somewhat limited. He's mainly showing a willingness to be there.

Last edited:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The guy has been actually nothing but straight up a great player. Hasn't ever been pain the butt.

So one has to wonder why he hasn't been signed long term. The ONLY explanation is that he is asking for such crazy type of money that the Cowboys simply wont agree to it.

He has had multiple back surgeries and a ped suspension. Makes me a little nervous but they have to keep him