DLaw Expected to Play Thursday

J-man

Reaction score
It's good news. He is a very good run defender and can get QB pressures as well. He and Parsons should make a very nice 1/2 punch attacking the line.
Finally getting all these D-line guys on the field together has been long over due but should really improve our already improved defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's good news. He is a very good run defender and can get QB pressures as well. He and Parsons should make a very nice 1/2 punch attacking the line.
Finally getting all these D-line guys on the field together has been long over due but should really improve our already improved defense.
Hope they can defend the run don't get it twisted SP about to bring the run game for 60mins..40+ carries so hope our defense been been chasing chickens all week..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He had a sack, a forced fumble, and 2 fumble recoveries

Yeah I forgot he was only credited with one sack.. I think one was negated by a penalty.. But he and Crawford were in Detroit's backfield all day.. If our last officiating crew had called that game both would have drawn about 5 holdings each. There was one scramble play where Crawford was about to cream Stafford and the guard literally tackled him around the legs from behind.. No call.. Stafford scrambles out of trouble and throws a nice 20 yard gain I think to Tate.. It was ridiculous..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No training camp and only played game 1, I'm not expecting much from Tank Lawrence until his conditioning is up to par.

One thing I will say about the Cowboys training staff is that they generally do a good job of getting guys back into shape to play ball during injury time outs. Britt Brown is one of the best in the business and has been for 30 years. The biggest problem for guys coming off injury is not so much aerobic condition but that physical recovery from hitting other people, falling on the ground.. and of course recovering from the initial adrenaline rush from being back. Those are things you can't really simulate in practice.. you know.. since they practice in tutus these days.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He had a sack, a forced fumble, and 2 fumble recoveries
3 of those were on one play. The other fumble recovery (which are generally not really skill plays, just being in the right place) was one that he also fumbled - leading to the other one play.

So, one play that stands out as significant. Difficult to say he was a beast or anything for the game.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
D Flaw is gonna come back and flash just enough to sucker Jerruh into keeping him on the 19 million base salary next year. And this my friends is why we never get over the hump.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I think I would almost prefer he drop off the edge of the planet.

Mr_437

Reaction score
1 back, 2 to go. Limiting the amount of snaps Basham, Armstrong n Golston receive is a good thing...now they can be depth like they were intended to be. Interested to see how DQ gets #11 his pass rush opportunities with a healthy group of DEs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably not a good idea paying much attention to the eternal optimist about players returning from injury or how effective they will be, if they are able to play. He downplays injuries and recoveries and he talks way too much.