DLaw laying down DLaw

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The father says Cobb and Jaylon did the same can I get your opinion on that? He also claimed his son was brave enough to ask when he was obviously forced do you have an opinion on that as well?

The father appears to be using this incident and his son for all of it's worth to get his 15 minutes of fame with the media. I do wonder if he would have shown Cobb and Jaylon if he got some sort of reaction out of them. If he only showed DLAW, but filmed the other 2, then it looks like he was trying to set up Cowboys players for some sort of reaction in hopes to put it up all social media.

Even if he got one of the players to sign, then he would have potentially used it for social media, depending on what he would of had his son done with the autographed towel, if his parents pushed him out to get it in the first place.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Then you don’t know Staubauch, who was an outstanding human being and a Christian who could differentiate between an adult wearing a jersey and a little kid. Smh.

And you don't either.
I said "I couldn't see Staubach doing that". Never said he wouldn't. Staubauch still doesn't like Mean Joe Greene. lol..

I know I wouldn't if I were in that situation. It's not one players obligation to sign anything for anyone. Why must we always put these players on pedestals? They are man that go to work. That is it.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
now see I am old school..but REALLY MAN? Its perfectly normal for a kid to say that..in that setting at THAT VENUE. Its a sporting event...even while in a parking lot. Its a time for fun and letting ones "hair down." Maybe the dad has issues, that's pure speculation and besides the point. Stay on point. "Raising the kid the right way?" We cannot glean anything as far as did he raise the child right. That's going out WAY OUT on a limb like your trying too hard.
I respectfully disagree. It doesn't matter where you are. Kids need to stay in a kid's place. He is not grown up, therefore he should not be allowed to talk to a grown man without showing respect.

How I was raised, if you are 18, you are a Ma'am or a Sir.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
I would’ve asked the kid his name. If you personalize it, it’s not near as valuable. Where were the Giants players? But Tank is the bad guy? Yeah, okay.

coult44

Reaction score
I’ll age myself but when I was a kid Lyle Alfredo signed my Dallas Cowboys T Shirt one day at McDonalds. I was very young and didn’t know the difference. All I knew was a huge giant was giving me an autograph. He laughed at me for asking but at least I knew who he was hahah. Tank is Great with kids he will probably hook this kid up now that it became a story.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ad Guy: Boss! I have this great idea for our next Coke campaign. It will be retro! It will feature Demarcus Lawrence from the Dallas Cowboys this time and some random child who is a fan of one of Lawrence's rival teams!
Coke Executive: Hmmm. I don't know. We'll see. Pitch it.
Ad Guy: Okay! Imagine... Lawrence is limping back into the Cowboys tunnel during a game at AT&T Stadium... A young boy follows Lawrence into the tunnel...

Kid: Demarcus. Demarcus.
Demarcus: <irritated> Yeah?
Kid: Do you need any help?
Demarcus: Uh uh.
Kid: I just want you to know I think... I think...

Demarcus looks back at kid

Kid: You are the best Hot Boyz ever!
Demarcus: <dejected look> Yeah. Sure.
Kid: You want my Coke? It's okay. You can have it.
Demarcus: No.
Kid: Really. You can have it.
Demarcus: <sighs> Okay. <smiles at kid> Thanks.<drinks from bottle>

Cue drink jingle

Kid: <sighs, starts shuffling slowly back to the stands and sadly says> See you around.
Demarcus: <finishes drinking Coke and looks back at kid> Hey kid!
Kid: <turns back to Demarcus>
Demarcus: You're in the wrong jersey kid.
Kid: <stunned look on face>
Demarcus: <grins at camera>

Drink jingle ends commercial with "Have a Coke and a smile" while Demarcus turns and walks away.

Ad Guy: Well? What do you think..?
Coke Executive: SOLD!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Ad Guy: Boss! I have this great idea for our next Coke campaign. It will be retro! It will feature Demarcus Lawrence from the Dallas Cowboys this time and some random child who is a fan of one of Lawrence's rival teams!
Coke Executive: Hmmm. I don't know. We'll see. Pitch it.
Ad Guy: Okay! Imagine... Lawrence is limping back into the Cowboys tunnel during a game at AT&T Stadium... A young boy follows Lawrence into the tunnel...

Kid: Demarcus. Demarcus.
Demarcus: <irritated> Yeah?
Kid: Do you need any help?
Demarcus: Uh uh.
Kid: I just want you to know I think... I think...

Demarcus looks back at kid

Kid: You are the best Hot Boyz ever!
Demarcus: <dejected look> Yeah. Sure.
Kid: You want my Coke? It's okay. You can have it.
Demarcus: No.
Kid: Really. You can have it.
Demarcus: <sighs> Okay. <smiles at kid> Thanks.<drinks from bottle>

Cue drink jingle

Kid: <sighs, starts shuffling slowly back to the stands and sadly says> See you around.
Demarcus: <finishes drinking Coke and looks back at kid> Hey kid!
Kid: <turns back to Demarcus>
Demarcus: You're in the wrong jersey kid.
Kid: <stunned look on face>
Demarcus: <grins at camera>

Drink jingle ends commercial with "Have a Coke and a smile" while Demarcus turns and walks away.

Ad Guy: Well? What do you think..?
Coke Executive: SOLD!
Genius.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ll age myself but when I was a kid Lyle Alfredo signed my Dallas Cowboys T Shirt one day at McDonalds. I was very young and didn’t know the difference. All I knew was a huge giant was giving me an autograph. He laughed at me for asking but at least I knew who he was hahah. Tank is Great with kids he will probably hook this kid up now that it became a story.

Is Lyle Alfredo Lyle Alzado’s Italian cousin? :lmao:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lyle ALZADO. lol...Dude was a freak of nature...a helluva good player and a good man. I am not surprised he signed it.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I hated the Steelers but I always loved that commercial.

So, we are now comparing a commercial, in which there is acting or so involved. A kid with no Football jersey or Hat on of another team.

Sweet... Let's put make believe and submit it to real life. Gimme a break.

PA Cowboy Fan. This isn't intended a reply to you. I was too lazy to find the OP of the commercial, So, I grabbed it from your reply. Sorry.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, we are now comparing a commercial, in which there is acting or so involved.
Well, it might be good pointing out reality television has been very influential over the past twenty years. Reality television lacks actual reality in most cases, which explains why comparisons between real and fake are a common occurrence nowadays.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Well, it might be good pointing out reality television has been very influential over the past twenty years. Reality television lacks actual reality in most cases, which explains why comparisons between real and fake are a common occurrence nowadays.

True, I still don't think the two situations are comparable.