DLaw laying down DLaw

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
whoa... someone needs a cookie. You go ahead and be disgusted. Suit yourself. Its just a debate on a message board. Isnt it shocking that we see a wide range of opinions on a "fan" message board? lol...me thinks you need a dose of reality. Fans tend to have opinions dude. Get over it and your disgust. You will live. NEXT.
Imagine thinking not getting an autograph from a rival team player is gonna "darken the kids heart". Like tf? You can't be serious. :facepalm:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
he was star struck I imagine. I know when I was around his age, I would have been. Not sure what he learned exactly.
maybe, but I understood how things were at 10. I wouldnt wear an opponenets jersey and then ask for an autograph from the other team. Thats just stupid, and dumb of momy or daddy to push him out there in DLaws face asking for an autograph.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, I still don't think the two situations are comparable.
I agree. I was only explaining why some people would mistakenly compare the two. The line between real and fake gets blurred easily now.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
This whole situation is overblown TMZ garbage. Has no reason to be blown out of proportion. People just love to cry nowadays. When did people become so soft? When I was 11, I knew damn well not to ask for autographs from other teams.

Parents knew what they were doing, they wanted to record the reaction. Other players refused autographs as well. It's not the end of the world for the kid. Get over it. I swear, some people in here have no idea about real world problems are if they think this is gonna mess up the kid. LOL like tf?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So, we are now comparing a commercial, in which there is acting or so involved. A kid with no Football jersey or Hat on of another team.

Sweet... Let's put make believe and submit it to real life. Gimme a break.

PA Cowboy Fan. This isn't intended a reply to you. I was too lazy to find the OP of the commercial, So, I grabbed it from your reply. Sorry.
I'm right here. You were saying?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This whole situation is overblown TMZ garbage. Has no reason to be blown out of proportion. People just love to cry nowadays. When did people become so soft? When I was 11, I knew damn well not to ask for autographs from other teams.

Parents knew what they were doing, they wanted to record the reaction. Other players refused autographs as well. It's not the end of the world for the kid. Get over it. I swear, some people in here have no idea about real world problems are if they think this is gonna mess up the kid. LOL like tf?
I just saw the recent TMZ video showcasing the kid's father. I personally know him. He and his family are from my neck of the woods. He owns his own business, is a good, respectful and hardworking man. Plus, he and his family are actually Cowboys fans. It's evident his 10 year old son is a Saquon Barkley fan, hence why he was in Giants gear, but the son also wanted Cowboys players signatures since the family are actual Cowboys fans. By you and others falsely stating that the family put the child up to this and likely wanted D-Law's signature in order to sell it on EBay and make money off of it is completely false and wrong. Like the father said, he had no problem with D-Law (or any of the other Cowboys players) refusing to autograph the child's Dallas Cowboys towel. It's how D-Law reacted and said what he said that truly bothered the parents since it left their son devastated and emotionally hurt. A simple "No, thank you. Not right now" would have worked.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Was saying “get the right jersey son” the best response? No.

If he didn’t want to sign an autograph, that’s fine no big deal. It would have been better to just keep walking and not say anything.

That being said. Does this mean Lawrence is a bad person? No.

Does it mean he doesn’t care about other people? No.

Is it a big deal? Not at all.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’ll age myself but when I was a kid Lyle Alfredo signed my Dallas Cowboys T Shirt one day at McDonalds. I was very young and didn’t know the difference. All I knew was a huge giant was giving me an autograph. He laughed at me for asking but at least I knew who he was hahah. Tank is Great with kids he will probably hook this kid up now that it became a story.
you knew who he was as a kid...lol. Youve forgot as an adult.... Lyle ALFREDO....bagahahahahah

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I just saw the recent TMZ video showcasing the kid's father. I personally know him. He and his family are from my neck of the woods. He owns his own business, is a good, respectful and hardworking man. Plus, he and his family are actually Cowboys fans. It's evident his 10 year old son is a Saquon Barkley fan, hence why he was in Giants gear, but the son also wanted Cowboys players signatures since the family are actual Cowboys fans. By you and others falsely stating that the family put the child up to this and likely wanted D-Law's signature in order to sell it on EBay and make money off of it is completely false and wrong. Like the father said, he had no problem with D-Law (or any of the other Cowboys players) refusing to autograph the child's Dallas Cowboys towel. It's how D-Law reacted and said what he said that truly bothered the parents since it left their son devastated and emotionally hurt. A simple "No, thank you. Not right now" would have worked.

devastated and emotionally hurt? I have 4 daughters, oldest is 31, youngest is 17. I can promise you that there is no way ANY of my kids would have been devastated or hurt if that had happened to them. Why? Because we have raised incredibly strong, self confident kids. Quick story on the youngest. she was 13 and we were at training camp, doing same thing this kid was doing... trying to get autographs. Not only of T will, but she was asking twill to get a picture of Dez signed FOR ME. Twill told my daughter that Dez was gone and if she came back the next day he would get it signed for her. Without missing a beat, she looks right at him and says, " How are you going to remember me with all these people here?" It was great.... and true to his word, we were back the next day and Twill came looking for her, got the picture, ran it 100 yards over to Dez who was swarmed by people, got it signed and ran it back over to my daughter. Twill was awesome... but my kid was strong and not fazed by being "blown off,"..... even though she wasnt, but it could appear that to a young person.

So to the parents of the Saquon fan.... toughen him the heck up if he is emotionally scarred from that.... oh, and dont take him to the new Lion King. He might have nightmares at Scar killing his brother.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I'm right here. You were saying?

You posting a commercial in regards to what DLaw did and stating "Back in the day when the old time greats would set the example of how to treat young/child fans."

The kid had no affiliation of the NFL on him. They are acting. Comparing the two situations is ridiculous. Not even close to the same deal.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I have to agree with Demarcus kid is not a Cowboys fan, his dad probably wanted to sell an autographed item.
Kids don't know that autographs have "value" to them. That's parents pushing it. Taking a picture with D-Law is the new "autograph" and would be more valuable to kid than some sill signature.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Are you interested in the remake of that movie coming soon?

LOL....... Honestly Dogo, I didn't even know that there was going to be a remake. I'll have to look into it and see what's going on there. Tell you the truth though, it's hard to go home. So many remakes, most of them not worth the time to even press a button to order it on your own TV at home. But I would love to see this come out and be a success. I actually love comedy but most of it just sucks anymore.

JMO of course.

Good Lord, I sound like an old man...... Get Off My Yard!!!!!!

:laugh:

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
LOL....... Honestly Dogo, I didn't even know that there was going to be a remake. I'll have to look into it and see what's going on there. Tell you the truth though, it's hard to go home. So many remakes, most of them not worth the time to even press a button to order it on your own TV at home. But I would love to see this come out and be a success. I actually love comedy but most of it just sucks anymore.

JMO of course.

Good Lord, I sound like an old man...... Get Off My Yard!!!!!!

:laugh:
LOL. Naw, you don't sound old. You are correctly criticizing Hollywood for being lazy and just making remakes and sequels instead of new ideas.

But yeah, I kinda want to see it too.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Soft parent creates a soft kid. Surprise surprise....

This is why kids today are so incredibly soft... Grow a pair dad.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/11/demarcus-lawrence-new-york-giants-fan-kid-dallas-cowboys/

So funny. In this video, they don't show the hand of little Johnny's mommy pushing him out into oncoming traffic. Trying to shape the narrative...FAIL

IwbrAZA.jpg

CWR

Reaction score
I have to agree with Demarcus kid is not a Cowboys fan, his dad probably wanted to sell an autographed item.

Exactly, people ignore the fact fans will turn around and sell these autographs. If you are expecting an autograph at least wear the jersey of the team you are requesting from.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Imagine thinking not getting an autograph from a rival team player is gonna "darken the kids heart". Like tf? You can't be serious. :facepalm:
it wasn't planned. The kid had a chance encounter of a lifetime in his view...to see an NFL player. Its nothing more than that. You all are digging too deep into this. If it was planned, he would have worn a Dallas shirt...and guess what, it would have been totally worse, phony. Hr stayed true to his team and wore a Giant Jersey. He wasn't hiding a darn thing and for some on here suggesting he was gonna sell the autograph is ridiculous. The kid would have been a Dallas fan for life had things gone different. That said, my hunch is DLAW already fixed this. Lets turn the page on this dead horse.