DLawrence next contract

Tussinman

Reaction score
He chose max dollars .... that is his right... not a "team" move
Definitely a team move. Gets money worth his skillset but is allowed to prove to the team that it wasn't a fluke and that he can be a long term player/leader. It literally benefits him and the team (he gets some money up front and the team gets another year to evaluate him without having to make a multi year commitment).

There's literally nothing more beneficial he could of realistically done. His only other option was pull a Bell and say "suck my nuts i'm not playing"

J12B

Reaction score
He better go to Cleveland cause were not paying him 25 mil a year. We need to lock up our best player b jones asap.

Byron Jones got burned by Nelson Agolar (however you spell his last name) late in the game.

Jones needs to produce turnovers.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
You can’t preach RKG philosophy and then let a guy who does everything you ask and produce at a high level walk. You just can’t.

And if they hit him with the franchise tag again— I will be disappointed. It may be what is best for the team in the short term— but it displays zero loyalty and respect back towards DLaw for the way he has handled himself this year (just look at Leveon Bell).

Pay the man what he is worth and celebrate and enjoy having an elite DE. Don’t draft studs, and then develop them for someone else to enjoy
Yes, pay the man and put injury clause for the back but by God pay the man!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
6 years is too long. Lawrence probably has 2 or 3 good seasons left in him where he can be as disruptive as he is now. And he has some injury issues with his shoulder and past issues with his back.

5 years is a good length for both player and the franchise

It's not the length of the contract it's the guaranteed money.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
A consistently excellent pass rusher who’s still just 26. Great pass rushers are almost as hard to find as a good QB. Pay the man. It’s a must.

They won't. They will come up w/ the lame excuse to give our crap QB the money...and let D-Law walk... who kept us in the season. You can't tell me that's not coming...because it is. :rolleyes:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
5 years 15-20 mil a year.

They have no choice but to keep him. Dallas has to have an elite defense to go anywhere.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Personally I would let him walk or trade him. His play has dropped SIGNIFICANTLY lately. In fact, I was considering putting his face on a milk carton. He is missing. He plays well against the run but he is not as dominant as the top DE's in the league. 3 sacks in 8 games and counting. Either he is hurt, or is just not as good as the hype train is making him out to be? Signing him to $100 million contract and Dak to a similar contract will be the death blow to this franchise. However, if one of them were to get $100 million + I suppose I would prefer Lawrence over Dak.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Should have signed him last year. This year he will probably be seeking $25 million per. I think we franchise tag him again.
There's absolutely no way we tag him again. The guy has been consistent for three years and is playing great this year..WITH A messed up shoulder. If he held out I wouldn't even blame him and it would be stupid for the Cowboys to even try to get in a stand off about that. He's been pretty good for 3 years now(really about 3 and a half)

J12B

Reaction score
The OP nailed this deal back in December